Loveeee

Should psychic abilities be kept a secret ?

55 posts in this topic

I guess it depends on the ability and mastery 

Weak ESP is becoming mainstream 

Strong telekinesis would get me captured and/or killed 

Screenshot_20230317-092141_Firefox.jpg

No space, no time, nothing but you/this/here/now

No one will believe you anyways. Even if someone records it they will say it's CGI or something lol.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

People have this weird habit where they see an act of real magick, acknowledge that it's real and then suddenly suppress the memory so it doesn't destroy their worldview.

Or they just might burn you at the stake...

Or they might try to convert you into their stupid religion. 

6 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

Or they might try to convert you into their stupid religion. 

Or, you could create your own stupid religion.

3 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Or, you could create your own stupid religion.

Understanding how magick works or doesn't work has nothing to do with creating your own stupid religion.

Try it out. Contemplate it.

3 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

Understanding how magick works or doesn't work has nothing to do with creating your own stupid religion.

I'm not saying it's inherent to magick, I'm just saying that if you start making things float you could easily convince people that you're a prophet or something.

3 minutes ago, Osaid said:

I'm not saying it's inherent to magick, I'm just saying that if you start making things float you could easily convince people that you're a prophet or something.

Oh, sorry for my misinterpretation.

I thought you were calling me delusional.

Well, I can't make things float yet but you're right that would make for an easy cult creation.:D 

Even something simple like teaching people how to astral project after they haven't had luck on their own somehow causes them to listen to my opinion a bit too much.

Edited by Michal__

7 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

Oh, sorry for my misinterpretation.

All good.

9 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

Well, I can't make things float yet but you're right that would make for an easy cult creation.:D 

Yeah, super easy.

Or recruit from other cults. Can your cult leader make shit float? No? Then you're obviously in the wrong cult, come on over.

My thinking is that if psychic abilities do exist, then perhaps the people who have them are actively keeping it a secret.  Either that or these abilities are subtle enough that from the perspective of an outside observer it seems plausibly natural.

I just think that despite how flawed modern science is, if these abilities really existed in the way some people think they do, then something conclusive would be able to be demonstrated about it

You can go to Yelp and find 1000s of psychics.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

In an other post of mine I already wrote a lot on a part of this question.
That people in this forum generally develope is improving intuitive understanding of reality, thinking process, improving actions.
But if somebody want to have spiritual abilites, he need to release his fears from the paticular body consciousness.
So for a spiritual ability like sensing the energies of earth need like everyday through 20 minute repeating releasing fears about feeling the physical body and other physicalities, so this already in our head that during daytime at the different situations, so we have to only choose next to it, doing this for maybe half year. But people don't realize how simple this is. 

You are not going to have psychic abilities without the proper rare genetics.

Trust me on this one. I've done a lot of spiritual practice and development. It hasn't given me psychic abilities. Almost all psychics are born with the ability. A normie is not just going to develop psychic abilities with some meditation or the like. This is why gurus with psychic or mystical powers have traditionally been worshiped as gods. They are genetic freaks with super-human capacities which normies will never have.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Ram Dass talks a lot about his Guru, very interesting story that guy must have been a genetic freak. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Trust me on this one. I've done a lot of spiritual practice and development. It hasn't given me psychic abilities. Almost all psychics are born with the ability. A normie is not just going to develop psychic abilities with some meditation or the like. This is why gurus with psychic or mystical powers have traditionally been worshiped as gods. They are genetic freaks with super-human capacities which normies will never have.

I recommend you quickly skim through the following free book to get an idea of how training specifically for these abilities looks like: https://firekasina.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/the-fire-kasina.pdf         

I doubt you have done vizualization-concentration in a high enough dose.

This kind of practice got me to experience shared psychic experiences. 

Edited by Michal__

7 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Leo Gura Ram Dass talks a lot about his Guru, very interesting story that guy must have been a genetic freak. 

I'd bet he was. A normie does not become a guru. A guru isn't so much made as born.

6 minutes ago, Michal__ said:

I recommend you quickly skim through the following free book to get an idea of how training specifically for these abilities looks like: https://firekasina.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/the-fire-kasina.pdf         

I doubt you have done vizualization-concentration in a high enough dose.

I am aware of various such practices. But I still don't believe that they will work for everyone who does them. Not even for most people.

Yes, training plays a role. But you can easily verify what I am telling you by asking a handful of psychics how they got their abilities. They themselves will tell you that they had them from a young age without training. They will even tell you that their abilities were like a curse, a burden. I have interrogated a handful of psychics and they all tend to have a similar story. They did not meditate their way into their psychic powers. And most serious meditators never develop psychic powers.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I am aware of various such practices. But I still don't believe that they will work for everyone who does them. Not even for most people.

Yes, training plays a role. But you can easily verify what I am telling you by asking a handful of psychics how they got their abilities. They themselves will tell you that they had them from a young age without training. They will even tell you that their abilities were like a curse, a burden.

I went from being mediocre at this stuff (only stuff like chance manipulation and divination etc) to being able to induce straight up group "hallucinations" at the peak of a retreat.

I have had some slight abilities since young (which did intensify to an uncomfortable extent after a spontaneous awakening five years ago). But never anything like this.

Edited by Michal__

1 minute ago, Michal__ said:

I went from being mediocre at this stuff (only stuff like chance manipulation and divination etc) to being able to induce straight up group "hallucinations" at the peak of a retreat.

I have had some slight abilities since young. But never anything like this.

Well, I would say you were a diamond in the rough and then you polished yourself up.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

In my evaluation, Karoli Kneem Baba, the guru of Ram Dass is an exmple who brought up his body consciousness to his soul awarness. In contrary to Ramana Maharshi for example, who doesn't.

20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't want to say unrespectfully. But what if people on this forum have lot of low level beliefs, regrets, insecurities, worries, all kinds of not allowing to feel something in them? We shouldn't say that these are because of genetics. So what I see is that this can people release quite equally. For me genetics is a buch of beliefs, every unconsciousess is come from a beliefs, for example for 3th chakra level, I fear from acknowledging that somebody is more powerful than me, then I fear from communicating if I'm powerful, life is easy, fear that I don't value this that... Just face with it, and then there will be other fears that were hidden, by the lower fears. So in my opinion is that this isn't so much aboit genetics

29 minutes ago, Boost said:

I don't want to say unrespectfully. But what if people on this forum have lot of low level beliefs, regrets, insecurities, worries, all kinds of not allowing to feel something in them?

Some degree of that is possible.

For me genetics is a buch of beliefs, every unconsciousess is come from a beliefs, for example for 3th chakra level,

I understand that many spiritual and New Agey people feel that way. And that's exactly why I said what I said. To challenge that worldview.

If you do a lot of research into spiritual people you will discover that genetics played a huge factor in their abilities. This is a scientific claim I am making. Feel free to test it out.

The idea that genetics is a just a limiting belief that you can outgrow, is false. I understand that people don't like hearing this because it feels limiting and unfair and you want to be unlimited. But the fact is that you are limited. You cannot grow wings and fly off into the sunset. Why not? Because your genetics limits you.

So in my opinion is that this isn't so much aboit genetics

Yeah, well, that's precisely why I'm presenting you with a new perspective. Consider that you are undervaluing the importance of genetics.

Obviously genetics is not the only factor. But it is a huge factor if we are being realistic.

Edited by Leo Gura