bmcnicho

Best Psychedelics for Accessing Enhanced Cognition?

12 posts in this topic

I’ve had some success with this so far, specifically with ayahuasca and Hawaiian baby woodrose seeds (LSA).  While tripping, I’ve been able to access ways of thinking, understanding, perceiving and generating insight beyond what I previously thought was possible.  Surprisingly, I’ve been able to partially integrate these new ways of thinking back into the sober state, although it has come with a fair amount of confusion and reduced stability.

This is making me wonder how far this can be taken, to what extent can we tap into higher intelligence while still existing in a human form.  So far, the only other substances I’ve tried have been mushrooms and high doses of sativa edibles.  While those experiences have been equally profound, they don’t seem to raise my baseline state as much as ayahuasca and LSA can.

So I’m wondering which substances people have tried that are good at enhancing cognition in various ways?  I know that many people have described accessing godlike levels of consciousness and intelligence, but how much of this can be retained back in the sober state?

5 minutes ago, bmcnicho said:

but how much of this can be retained back in the sober state?

Depends on you, depends where you are consciousness wise most people can't even understand what certain psychedelics do like LSD and it's majority of the population. If you have big background in religion/spirituality/consciousness research/reading books you will remember and retain more, psychedelics like lsd for example teach you not only how this materialistic reality works on micro level but you can also access even higher states of consciousness where you can tap into things. So it all depends on the individual, but don't worry... God knows what you want, what you're ready for at all times

ONLY LEO IS AWAKE

Yes, I do plan on trying LSD sometime this year, seeing as it’s chemically similar to LSA, that seems like a promising candidate.  You make a good point that it’s very much an individual thing.  I’m just starting to see the true potential of this work, but I understand that just being flooded with the chaos of the transcendent would be counterproductive.  There’s probably good reasons why we don’t yet have access to certain things.

No substance can permanently raise your baseline. How well you "integrate" and "apply" the substance/realizations is how much you raise it.

The teachers show the door, point the way, however, the "hard-work" is only and can only be done by you.

Substances are mostly about (ascending), while meditation and the the sober-work is about (grounding/mastering).

The deeper your "roots", the higher your "shoots".

As above so below, as within so without.

@M A J I I generally agree with what you’re saying, however over the last several months I’ve surprisingly noticed that some of my trips have altered my baseline in various ways.  Not necessarily in the sense of “higher consciousness” - I agree that meditation and self-inquiry are the proper tools for that - but more so in changing the way I think about things

One factor I’ve noticed is that only waiting a few weeks in between trips has been more effective than having months in between when I was first starting out.  Especially if the trips are at fairly high doses, I’ve been able to generate momentum over time, which can help avoid the trap of getting too absorbed back into normal life and losing touch with the insights

I’ve also noticed that for about 2 weeks after an intense trip I’ll have occasional periods of feeling a little “altered” in various ways.  It might have something to do with the serotonin system resetting, I’m not sure.

But yes, it’s not like the substance causes real transformation on its own.  The integration work afterward is arguably even more important than the experience itself.

1 hour ago, bmcnicho said:

@M A J I I generally agree with what you’re saying, however over the last several months I’ve surprisingly noticed that some of my trips have altered my baseline in various ways.  Not necessarily in the sense of “higher consciousness” - I agree that meditation and self-inquiry are the proper tools for that - but more so in changing the way I think about things

One factor I’ve noticed is that only waiting a few weeks in between trips has been more effective than having months in between when I was first starting out.  Especially if the trips are at fairly high doses, I’ve been able to generate momentum over time, which can help avoid the trap of getting too absorbed back into normal life and losing touch with the insights

I’ve also noticed that for about 2 weeks after an intense trip I’ll have occasional periods of feeling a little “altered” in various ways.  It might have something to do with the serotonin system resetting, I’m not sure.

But yes, it’s not like the substance causes real transformation on its own.  The integration work afterward is arguably even more important than the experience itself.

Yes and also many things we integrate well are just things we have forgotten. Memory is not confined to a body or brain it is more like a bandwidth or frequency of consciousness. They are like cleaning-tools, they show you your dirt so you clean the dirt off, but its up-to you whether you get dirty again or continue the path of self-purification. The enlightened monk still has to attend to his garden or weeds (thoughts) will grow, and thus it is the "spiritual maintenance" becomes the carrying of the water and becomes the dominating program or state of being that reality :)

Edited by M A J I

As above so below, as within so without.

Fundamentally all psychedelics invite us into altered states of consciousness. As others have mentioned LSD is a classic for a reason, and in the west at least is probably the benchmark psychedelic.

5-MeO-DMT can alter and expand your consciousness in ways that are completely impossible to believe. To even learn it exists and to have access to it is a miracle.

If you have any interest in exploring these states, work with what is accessible and what speaks to you. Follow your curiosity; safely, bravely, and with Love.

32 minutes ago, acidgoofy said:

LSD and THC are great for that.

THC is a significant downgrade to my congnition. Makes me think outside the box a little but it's very hard to remember, apply or stick to a chain of reasoning. It's a lot of fun but makes me dumb as a rock.

Sailing on the ceiling 

6 minutes ago, Rigel said:

THC is a significant downgrade to my congnition. Makes me think outside the box a little but it's very hard to remember, apply or stick to a chain of reasoning. It's a lot of fun but makes me dumb as a rock.

Most of my friends say that too. For me it's a significant upgrade, often even better than LSD for contemplation.

Depends on your goals:

• psychedelics for right brain, creative, synthetic cognition
  • stimulants for left brain, narrow, task oriented cognition 

I always loved coffee and cigarettes for routine intellectual work - not the most holistic choice though, obviously.

Qualia Mind is probably your best bet for everyday type cognition.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

@Nilsi Probably right brain is more what I’m looking for.  I would say that LSA leans more towards left brain and ayahuasca is more right brain, although both have a nice balance.  I would say that the integration of the two towards higher order synthesis is where the true value lies.  So since I’m naturally left brain dominant, right brain is where I’m lacking.