r0ckyreed

Actualized.org Quote #29 Question

38 posts in this topic

So the God-Self is not a place behind the eyes but rather the entire field of perception, everything in the visual field is God.

This makes me wonder because my eyesight has been decreasing over time.  I get blurry vision sometimes, does that mean that my access to God is more limited?

What about if I become blind?  Does that mean that God loses a part of itself?  Why would God allow for that?  Why would God allow for blurry vision if it is it?

It is probably a dumb question, but I feel like others have a much better experience of God than I do because my field is more limited.  Why do I need glasses to access God?

Are some people just born disconnected from God with no chance of being fully connected?

Thanks for your response!

Edited by r0ckyreed

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

33 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

What about if I become blind?  Does that mean that God loses a part of itself?  Why would God allow for that?  Why would God allow for blurry vision if it is it?

In one of my trips, I noticed that it doesn't matter / there is no difference between eyes opened and eyes closed when you are conscious enough. The same for sounds, with plugs in the ears is the same as without them while dogs bark in the background. You're conscious.

Does consciousness disappear when you close your eyes? :D

Edited by Vibes

13 minutes ago, Vibes said:

Does consciousness disappear when you close your eyes? :D

Part of it does. I am no longer aware of colors, light, and my vibrant visual field. All I can be aware of is blackness.

If you lose all of your senses, you will have nothing to be conscious of.

Meditation is a lifestyle of developing a calm state of mind WHILE engaging in one’s ambitions!

Counting your breaths, chanting a mantra, and the rest of it is all ratshit and a complete waste of time. What is stopping you from meditating WHILE working on your life purpose?

It changes the content, but you're still conscious.

If you're conscious enough you're not even in a body anymore, you are the whole frame/scene/field.

58 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

I get blurry vision sometimes, does that mean that my access to God is more limited?

More like God is blurry vision.

But seriously though, might wanna get that checked out.

What about if I become blind?  Does that mean that God loses a part of itself?

God cannot lose a part of itself.

Why would God allow for that?  Why would God allow for blurry vision if it is it?

God allows for it because God is blurry vision. How can God not allow what it is?

It is probably a dumb question, but I feel like others have a much better experience of God than I do because my field is more limited.  

Speaking as someone who also has struggled with vision problems, it certainly is not as pleasant of an experience. But technically it is all still God. You cannot not experience God. God is Absolute.

Why do I need glasses to access God?

You don’t.

Are some people just born disconnected from God with no chance of being fully connected?

No one is ever disconnected from God to begin with. You cannot not be God. God can only self-deceive itself into disconnection. Which does practically appear as real since the deception is so deep, but it is false.

Edited by aurum

Looks fine to me

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

52 minutes ago, Vibes said:

It changes the content, but you're still conscious.

If you're conscious enough you're not even in a body anymore, you are the whole frame/scene/field.

If you were born in a sensory deprivation tank your whole life, never experiencing sound, taste, touch, smell, sight, or thought, you couldn’t say you can be conscious of anything. You couldn’t even know if you existed or not.

We can only be conscious now because we have developed the sense of thought, which thought cannot develop without the other senses. I think of thought as an immaterial replication of the senses. 

50 minutes ago, aurum said:

God allows for it because God is blurry vision. How can God not allow what it is?

It seems to contradict God’s Infinitude because our fields of experience are limited. Some more so than others. How can Consciousness be infinite if it is so limited? 

It’s interesting how if we act like there is no external world, our lives will become nightmare. To survive and thrive in this world comes with partaking in the variety of life’s illusions - to play the game, so to speak. If we don’t participate in the illusions, we quit the game. I have to assume that there are other people viewing my actions on a security camera even though I know the guard is a hallucination of my own mind.

Edited by r0ckyreed

40 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

How can Consciousness be infinite if it is so limited? 

How can Consciousness be infinite if it can’t be limited?

Infinity contains limitation. Limitation is a subset.

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

If you were born in a sensory deprivation tank your whole life, never experiencing sound, taste, touch, smell, sight, or thought, you couldn’t say you can be conscious of anything. You couldn’t even know if you existed or not.

We can only be conscious now because we have developed the sense of thought, which thought cannot develop without the other senses. I think of thought as an immaterial replication of the senses. 

Maybe, if you're at the level of consciousness of being a human. When consciousness is higher you're not in the body anymore.

Your body is inside you, no matter what happens, it's all inside you and you are conscious. Now, I don't think is possible to live in that state of consciousness while being a human simultaneously. Because to be a human, you have to be at a certain level of consciousness. So to go higher, it means you're not a human anymore.

Edited by Vibes

I went to the restaurant earlier today. 

Didn’t go there expecting God to be in the menu ;)  

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

@r0ckyreed You read my quote too literally. It's not about vision per se, it's about your entire field of perception.

It doesn't matter if you go blind, you will still have a field of perception of some kind.

Blurry or sharp vision is irrelevant. Perception is still perception, regardless of its qualities.

Whatever your bubble of perception is -- that whole thing is God!

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You're mixing up God and the world. God is literally everything, if you are experiencing less details in your visuals field those details that you think should be there literally don't exist anymore and they exist only in your imagination. You are not experiencing less of God, you are still experiencing everything there is.

If we think of 'world' then yeah you are experiencing less of the world because of blindness and such. And other beings can have varying ways to perceive this world, some more detailed than others. But fundamentally speaking, they are still experiencing 'everything'. And everything can't be less or more because there is nothing else to compare it with.

If you, with blurry vision, compare your 'everything'(God) with someone else's 'everything'(God) you make a fundamental mistake because your imagination of their 'everything' is part of your 'everything'. You can't compare your 'God'/experience. The notion that there is an external world and other people who experience this external world in more detailed ways than me is relativistic notion that doesn't apply to God because God contains that notion and is beyond it.

So for example. When you think of another person with better senses perceiving more information per second, you are comparing their 'everything' with yours and concluding they are experiencing more of God. But it's 'everything' so no comparison should be possible. This contradiction happens because you are not comparing 'experience of God' but 'experience of the world'. 'God' is beyond this whole example because the comparison and their POV exists within your imagination.

Edited by Swarnim

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@r0ckyreed You read my quote too literally. It's not about vision per se, it's about your entire field of perception.

It doesn't matter if you go blind, you will still have a field of perception of some kind.

Blurry or sharp vision is irrelevant. Perception is still perception, regardless of its qualities.

Whatever your bubble of perception is -- that whole thing is God!

I got that the entire field is God. My question though is that if I lose one of my senses, do I also lose that connection to God. If I become blind, I am no longer connected to light, color, and visual shape. The visual world of God ceases to exist. Losing a field of perception seems to limit access to all of Reality/God.

If I lose auditory field, I can no longer hear the wisdom and music of God in some very important ways. Consciousness work seems like it would change drastically if you lose a field like sound and vision because they are dominant. But why would God allow itself to be able to lose perceptual fields of itself if it really wants connection?

I guess you could say it is like being born with Fragile X syndrome (low consciousness) or having awakening experiences and hallucinations. It is all God, but some states seem to give one more of God than others. It seems there are genetic freaks, psychics, and mystics who have an elevated experience of God than I do. They are more connected to Infinite Intelligence than I am. Why is that if I am God? Why do I have a limited access to God compared to what is possible? But I guess I could ask this question in any state of consciousness.

Edited by r0ckyreed

8 hours ago, Yimpa said:

I went to the restaurant earlier today. 

Didn’t go there expecting God to be in the menu ;)  

But if you are blind, then color, light, and that visual form of the menu no longer exists, hence your experience of God is more limited.

Edited by r0ckyreed

17 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

I got that the entire field is God. My question though is that if I lose one of my senses, do I also lose that connection to God. If I become blind, I am no longer connected to light, color, and visual shape. The visual world of God ceases to exist. Losing a field of perception seems to limit access to all of Reality/God.

If I lose auditory field, I can no longer hear the wisdom and music of God in some very important ways. Consciousness work seems like it would change drastically if you lose a field like sound and vision because they are dominant. But why would God allow itself to be able to lose perceptual fields of itself if it really wants connection?

I guess you could say it is like being born with Fragile X syndrome (low consciousness) or having awakening experiences and hallucinations. It is all God, but some states seem to give one more of God than others. It seems there are genetic freaks, psychics, and mystics who have an elevated experience of God than I do. They are more connected to Infinite Intelligence than I am. Why is that if I am God? Why do I have a limited access to God compared to what is possible? But I guess I could ask this question in any state of consciousness.

Look, dude. By that logic you have lost connection to God because you cannot see inside my toilet.

Obviously as a finite creature your perceptions are limited.

There exist people born with 4 color receptors in their eyes, unlike the standard 3. These people literally see millions more colors than you. I posted a video about this on my blog some time ago.

God is in the business of experiencing all sorts of limited states of Consciousness. Imagine if you were born a worm.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The irony of this thread… go watch Rocky II xD

(I’m a huge Rocky fan… got me thru tough times when I was a teen. You’ve got this dude!)

Edited by Yimpa

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Look, dude. By that logic you have lost connection to God because you cannot see inside my toilet.

Obviously as a finite creature your perceptions are limited.

There exist people born with 4 color receptors in their eyes, unlike the standard 3. These people literally see millions more colors than you. I posted a video about this on my blog some time ago.

God is in the business of experiencing all sorts of limited states of Consciousness. Imagine if you were born a worm.

That’s right. How can you say the external world doesn’t exist when toilets exist outside of your awareness? How can God be omniscient if there are things outside of God? Your toilet is not in my consciousness, so it either doesn’t exist, God is not omniscient, or God is more than my sensory fields. That’s the contradiction I see.

So the genetic freaks who see more to reality than me have a greater perception of God than I do. I can’t see how God can be omniscient if there are things outside of God’s fields that it can’t access.

Thanks for your patience and time. I’m trying to understand the paradox here.

Edited by r0ckyreed