Demeter

Why only some experience enlightenment

37 posts in this topic

This is a history of a spontaneous mystical experience copied from the book Mystic Savage, by Hulin. This is extremely rare, but happens

I sat up in bed to look through the big window, right in front of me, and I contemplated from there the lights that were reflected in the narrow muddy streets of that small city. I was thinking about how pleased Charles Lamb was with the brightness of the streetlights on the wet cobblestones, when suddenly a mist of a bluish-white color, translucent, brilliant, took this world and all experience of being there that I had from my eyes. With the mist an ineffable peace and joy came to me (...). One can hardly describe an experience where one is caught up in…in what? Something he had never read about, never thought about, never even knew existed, just as a child, before it is born, cannot comprehend a description of this world. The mist grew denser, and as it grew deeper, the knowledge, the comfort, the radiance, the peace, in a word, the ecstasy, deepened equally, until "I" seemed to be "That" and " That" seemed to be "I". We were confused, mixed, fused... All of me was consciousness, awakening, and yet, when I came to, there was nothing to tell. When she was submerged, she was in all that has been, was, and will be; Now I realize that the human being measures space and time, nothing is before or after, but rather simultaneous, everything is there. Suddenly, the mist, the light, disappeared just as they had arisen. She was still sitting on my bed, clutching the sheet, her eyes wide, staring at the street lights. My first thought was: "Good! Underneath everything there is this calm, this joy, this security...". Then something funny happened to me. I looked at the outside world through the window, I felt the furniture in my room and I said to myself: "How strange, this world is a shadow. I have touched the Real and what is always "there"; all this world that I knew will henceforth be unreal Why is he there? To experience what?"

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I think it has to do with state of ego which blocks the natural progression towards enlightenment of the consciousness. A too weak of a too strong of an ego is not good.

That is a slight factor ;)

2 hours ago, PeaceOut96 said:

My mistake, apologies. Its just that I had a very one sided view of you regarding this. 

No worries. I Love You ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If your state was adjusted in the right way, you could be fully Awake 30 seconds from now.

Is this something one can choose to do?

10 minutes ago, meta_male said:

No. 

Apparently.

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

This is a history of a spontaneous mystical experience copied from the book Mystic Savage, by Hulin. This is extremely rare, but happens

It’s a nice piece of writing. It describes when the self is momentarily seen through. But it is actually going on this way the whole time… always spontaneous, always new.

The self simply veils it by chasing its own tail, claiming ownership, believing it somehow exists *outside whatever is happening*, and that it can do something to change it.

All of this can end permanently. It has in “my” case at least.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

25 minutes ago, meta_male said:

Of course! I choose it every week!

:D

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, Demeter said:

@The Mystical Man Shouldn't this life count for something too? 

Sure.

Karma means conditioning. You can wake up from your conditioning almost regardless of what it is. That doesn't happen just once -- it happens continually.

Regardless of how much karma you have, do whatever you can to undo your karma and to awaken. Don't create limiting beliefs around this karma rubbish. 

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

3 hours ago, axiom said:

It’s not true. Control as an individual never happens. 

This forum is ostensibly about awakening and enlightenment, yet most of the characters here seem not to have grasped the most fundamental realisation there is: thoughts and actions are not chosen, they just happen. 

How desperate the self is to survive…

Who said anything about the self? 

I wrote something yesterday that I wanted to share about this specific topic about states of consciousness and control. There isn't any thinker. There is no one that thinks, the mind thinks itself. Its an illussion. But the control we speak about is not that. ?

Edited by PeaceOut96

7 minutes ago, PeaceOut96 said:

Who said anything about the self? 

I wrote something yesterday that I wanted to share about this specific topic about states of consciousness and control. There isn't any thinker. There is no one that thinks, the mind thinks itself. Its an illussion. But the control we speak about is not that. ?

Then what is the control you speak about?

Apparently.

7 minutes ago, axiom said:

Your experience through this body is limited. Life happens. But there is some subtle form for "control". 

This what I wrote yester funny enough before I even saw this post. I was gonna go deeper. But this is what came out after a small realization:

Understanding the relationship between body-mind and your state/level of consciousness 

You are not in control. You don't control your emotions, thoughts or any of it. There isn't anyone thinking your thoughts its an illussion. But you might use the old trick of "thinking" about a pink elephant etc. You say see there! With my will I thought about a specific thing and I saw it in my minds eye. Its not the case, the mind is thinking itself. The ego, which is you as Consciousness/God going in the illussion of being this entity is part of this strong illussion. The ego is your body's operating system, which were formed in your early childhood. 

Edited by PeaceOut96

6 minutes ago, axiom said:

You control your choices. 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

No worries. I Love You ;)

?❤

Edited by PeaceOut96

6 minutes ago, PeaceOut96 said:

control goes much further than that. you are the control. control is creating this concrete experience. when a mystical experience, or awakening, happens, it is because the control has disappeared. to experience absolute infinity is to relax control completely. it is not something that can be done at will since the will is control

14 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

control goes much further than that. you are the control. control is creating this concrete experience. when a mystical experience, or awakening, happens, it is because the control has disappeared. to experience absolute infinity is to relax control completely. it is not something that can be done at will since the will is control

Life happens. Gods Will. Surrender are all synonyms. But the atman/soul has the choice to remain asleep or awaken to its true nature and than be a co-creator. 

I am still trying to understand these spiritual topics, so don't take my words as some ultimate truth, derive for yourself. My insights are from many years study and direct experience through tripping and sober spiritual practises. 

Edited by PeaceOut96

30 minutes ago, PeaceOut96 said:

Life happens. Gods Will. Surrender are all synonyms. But the Atman/soul has the choice to remain asleep or awaken to its true nature as a co-creator. 

46 minutes ago, PeaceOut96 said:

Imo there is not atman or co creator. it is total infinity creating this concrete apparent experience now. but who knows. 

When you say surrender, you mean to stop resisting what is, which is much better than resisting. but the true mystical experience is not that. it is the total relaxation of control to the point that this particular experience disappears, completely dissolves for a while. then control returns and this software is re-created

42 minutes ago, PeaceOut96 said:

You are not in control. You don't control your emotions, thoughts or any of it. There isn't anyone thinking your thoughts its an illussion. But you might use the old trick of "thinking" about a pink elephant etc. You say see there! With my will I thought about a specific thing and I saw it in my minds eye. Its not the case, the mind is thinking itself.

I would append "apparently" to some of this, but yes.

42 minutes ago, PeaceOut96 said:

Ah... well... that notion is the self wanting to survive. It clings to the last blade of grass as it hangs off the cliff edge.

Incessant chatter, incessant grasping and reaching, incessant feelings of separation and lack. These things will never go away so long as the self thinks it is real, thinks it is outside whatever is happening, thinks it has a choice, thinks it can do X to bring Y about.

There is absolutely nothing you can do. You aren't there.

If most of the apparent characters here dropped spirituality and went fishing they'd probably be happier. Makes no difference either way.

Apparently.

35 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Imo there is not atman or co creator. it is total infinity creating this concrete apparent experience now. but who knows. 

When you say surrender, you mean to stop resisting what is, which is much better than resisting. but the true mystical experience is not that. it is the total relaxation of control to the point that this particular experience disappears, completely dissolves for a while. then control returns and this software is re-created

I am speaking from the relative not from the Absolute. There are ways of how this dream operates.