Rasheed

Why is therapy expensive but at the same ineffective?

26 posts in this topic

When you find the right therapist for you, I can assure you it’s not ineffective. 

I get what you mean, though. It’s really, really tough to find the right fit. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Therapy is as effective as you make it. The coach doesn't win the soccer game, the coach only instructs and the team wins/looses. The same counts for the therapist-client relationship.

From my experience, most therapists are clueless on how to deal with deep trauma. I have spoken to 10+ therapists so I think I can make a fair assessment. There are some good ones but that is like 10-20% of the therapist population. I'm still happy I've put the time into it because of the power of disillusionment.

The only value I saw in therapy is the relationship aspect. A therapists that really cares about you is worth the time and money. Deep connection is necessary for therapy to work so SD blue or green therapists are great while SD orange therapy is not that great. But the thing is that therapists are only human and they can only give so many fucks. It is very draining to care about every one of your clients.

Edited by StarStruck

therapy is ineffective because it is the interaction between a therapist with a very low understanding of reality, of what it means to be human, with a patient with an equal or lower understanding. what will come out of there? a little emotional relief and that's it

I think therapy can be effective 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Because you have atheist-materialists psychologists who has their whole reality perspective like that of a monkey ?