LSD-Rumi

This is How I treated my mental illness

21 posts in this topic

5 years ago, my OCD started and a very long nightmare started with it. I developed all kinds of mental illnesses with it including depression, anxiety,, social anxiety and even agoraphobia. I tried doing CBT on my own without drugs for a year or two and I failed, I tried Psychedelics and I suffered through many trips ( LSD appearntly increases OCD and I felt my brain was like a rapid dog), I tried SSRIS with no benefit. 

I felt hopeless, I couldn't get out of this bad state, no matter what I did, it is like all I learned from spirituality and personal development was total BS.

Anyways, I started seeing a new psychiatrist recently and he gave me  3 drugs with high doses each. now after a couple of weeks, I feel totally different. My OCD is almost gone, anxiety is very low, my mood is becoming better and I am gaining my strength back. I feel zero side effects except for some dry mouth and low libido.

Things I learned from my experinence:

• Psychiatrists generally may underestimate the severity of your mental illness especially if you were unable to convey this for them and they are very conservative with drugs and dosages. Don't be afraid from side effects, make sure your psychiatrist understand the severity of your case and ask him for a multidrug appraoch 
  • Keep experimenting with different drugs if some of them don't work for you. There are a lot of combinations you can try.
  • Don't underestimate the importance of drugs in treating mental illness. They make you escape the bad mental state so you can work on your traumas. Treating severe mental illness is almost impossible without drugs.
  • Psychedelics are not the way for severe mental illness. If you want to do psychedelics, do microdoses not full trips.
  • SSRIs are a total bullshit when it comes to severe mental illness and they cause fatigue and even depression, lol 
  • SNRIs gives energy, and feel much better. Lamotrigine ( a mood stabilizer) is amazing.
Edited by LSD-Rumi

Thank you for sharing your experience. The problem with medications is that they don’t treat the root cause of the mental illness however, they surely give you an opportunity to work things through. I personally hated on SSRIs because they made me emotionless and I generally felt like I wasn’t myself.

@Lana Faye Medications are essential. I tried working on my thoughts for years with little success, I couldn't get out of that weird state. But after I had proper medication, it fesls much easier to work my thoughts out.

And yeah SSRIs were so bad for me. They made me tired and emotionless. SNRIs are mich better, They give me tons of energy. 

Here is what I take

Effexor 225mg 

Lamotrigine 50mg 3 times

Clompramine 75mg twice

Edited by LSD-Rumi

2 hours ago, Consept said:

Do you do other work with your therapist ie does he do IFS or cbt or some other therapy with you?

Not yet. I still want the drugs to reach their highest effect before I start therapy. But I used to do therapy with myself for years and it didn't work

@Lana Faye Also, I used this substance to heal a lot of my bad thoughts and repressed emotions, it is amazing, it is like a mini version of MDMA. You can try it but don't overuse it

have you tried microdosing?

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

You've mentioned therapy and drugs, you haven't mentioned much about lifestyle.

What sort of lifestyle were you living while trying to recover from this?

Lifestyle made the biggest difference for me. 

I find that Lifestyle seems to be the biggest contributor many mental health issues.

Edited by ZenAlex

@ZenAlex I sarted making lifestyle changes recently. My lifestyle was very bad, I couldn't change it while feeling anxiety and depression all the time. I was imprisoned in that mental state, I needed something to pull me out of this state so I can make changes to my lifestyle.

@Schizophonia I did some microdosing recently, it felt nice bit drugs are much better. Drugs calm you down and remove anxiety from your system, the drug is always in your system and make changes always while micrdosing last for a couple of hours then you get back inti thats state. But still you can take drugs and microdosing, I had many trips on acid while taking SSRIs.

On 02/02/2023 at 11:13 AM, LSD-Rumi said:

Don't underestimate the importance of drugs in treating mental illness. They make you escape the bad mental state so you can work on your traumas. Treating severe mental illness is almost impossible without drugs.

Exactly. Love how you put it. Medication so you get breathing room to work on your traumas. Dont fall for perma-medication if its not absolutely necessary. 

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

Where I live here in Switzerland, from what I know (and I may be wrong), it doesn't feel like psychiatrists are really big on drugs.

They prefer working on the trauma directly and making lifestyle changes rather than taking drugs.

@Emrie This is a huge mistake. I experienced it myself. No matter how much time and effort trying to resolve my fear and anxiety,  I failed, but now with medication It pulled me out of that negative depressed state, and it is much easier to work on my psyche.

I think it's just a question of they don't want to overprescribe.

They'll prescribe but only when it's absolutely necessary.

They'd probably prescribe to you but probably not to me.

@Emrie most of my other doctors just gave some weak dose of an SSRI, which was a very bad experience. I Lost my trust in medication until I met this doctor and prescribed me multiple medications with high doses. If you suffer from mental illness, make sure your doctor treat you generously. I had almost zero side effects, don't worry about them.

Out of curiosity, what do the three medications you take do?

7 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Emrie 2 antidepressants and 1 mood stabilizer.

Which ones exactly?

How long have you been on them?

Hope it continues (thumbs up)

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Matt23 effexor and Clompramine are antidepressants, the other one is a mood stabilizer. I have been taking them for more than a month now.

I met my doctor today. He increased my dosages and added valium to the medications. I am feeling I am retreving my sanity back. Medcation is amazing and shouldn't be dismissed.