something_else

Was I a dick here?

33 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, mr_engineer said:

Talk about something other than your dating-lives, go to the gym together, play sports together, etc. Don't involve each other in your dating-lives. 

"Sorry dude, you can't come on the night out dude, you're too histrionic"? ? The guy was in the wrong. He should acknowledge that and get over it.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

if that guy was my best friend and in that moment i understood his emotional need it would be a no brainer not to sleep with her.

Carefully watch how all your opinions of right and wrong are skewed by context. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

1 minute ago, integral said:

if that guy was my best friend and in that moment i understood his emotional need it would be a no brainer not to sleep with her.

What if he does it again? Every time they go out?

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Carl-Richard I think you guys should be a team, the situation was that he was heart broken because he was going for her and developed a emotional attachment of some kind. Its unlikely it will happen again in that way. But i agree he is also being a baby.

in the large scheme or strategy of things, its better to give then to take in greed as choices like this present themselves. Do you want to build yourself and lift everything and everyone around you up or grab every opportunity with greedy little hands?

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral He has to be told that he is in the wrong at some point. That could've happened in that very conversation had they talked it out more.

13 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

@integral That could've happened in that very conversation had they talked it out more.

????

28 minutes ago, integral said:

????

There exists other ways of coping with your emotions than cockblocking your fucking friend lol

Edited by Carl-Richard

@mr_engineer He could easily partake in those activities with people that know how to deal with rejection and don't ask for him to give up his own interests because his fee-fees were hurt. 

To be clear nothing serious was going to come from it for either of us, it was very clearly casual. It’s not like he was in love with her, he thought she was hot just like I did.

He also wasn’t my best friend, it’s a dude I met twice, but I felt like we had good chemistry while in the club approaching girls. Basically good wingman material

If he was someone I’d known for a long time and I could see he was struggling emotionally with rejection it would be different to an extent. But he should’ve been able to handle this situation, I think. 

The thing is situations like this will always come up with wingmen, what makes them a good wingman is if they can handle these emotionally. So because he doesn't seem to be able to I don't think he would be good wingman material. It can obviously be tough to be rejected but it's also unavoidable in this game

7 minutes ago, Consept said:

The thing is situations like this will always come up with wingmen, what makes them a good wingman is if they can handle these emotionally. So because he doesn't seem to be able to I don't think he would be good wingman material. It can obviously be tough to be rejected but it's also unavoidable in this game

Yup, I think you’re right. Back to the search for a decent wingman xD

On 28/01/2023 at 7:15 PM, something_else said:

She’d been giving clear signs she was interested in me, but I know my friend was also very interested in her. She was pretty clear she wasn’t interested in him though.

I've been this situation and I've put people in this situation and it sucks when you're left out, like really bad. 

A way to resolve the issue could be to ask the girl that liked if she knew of any girls that might be interested in your friend (or would be willing to talk to him) and forward the social media of any girls to your friend that way he has a reason to keep his hopes up.

I'm assuming that alcohol was involved in this party which probably influenced him to become an asshole in this situation. I think it would be best if you reached out to him to bring the friendship back together.

On 28/01/2023 at 7:15 PM, something_else said:

She’d been giving clear signs she was interested in me, but I know my friend was also very interested in her. She was pretty clear she wasn’t interested in him though.

I've been this situation and I've put people in this situation and it sucks when you're left out, like really bad. 

A way to resolve the issue could be to ask the girl that liked if she knew of any girls that might be interested in your friend (or would be willing to talk to him) and forward the social media of any girls to your friend that way he has a reason to keep his hopes up.

I'm assuming that alcohol was involved in this party which probably influenced him to become an asshole in this situation. I think it would be best if you reached out to him to bring the friendship back together.