Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bob Seeker

How do you deal with the fact you wasted so much time and opportunity?

8 posts in this topic

I’ve been feeling a lot like I have wasted tons of opportunity and time in my life.

I was deluded and playing victim and ruining most of my opportunities to truly live.

I can’t seem to stop reflecting on this.

maybe the solution is to love the one who judges myself for having wasted time.

A Call to Live Differently: https://angeloderosa.com

Feel the suffering of it, and then leverage that to resolve to never make the same mistake again.

This is how you learn your biggest lessons, by fucking up. Don't waste a perfectly good fuck-up by not leveraging the emotional pain of it to grow.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Try to love and empathize with the one that wasted time. Have understanding for why in those specific situations you played victim and understand at that time it was just the best you could do (propably to protect yourself or because you were scared). Those things are no reason to judge yourself.

Any judgement you put now on yourself would be a TRUE waste of time :)

See it as the necessary cost for having the wisdom of not wasting time. 

It's similar for almost everyone. And we all suffer from a disease called a limited lifespan.

12 hours ago, Bob Seeker said:

I’ve been feeling a lot like I have wasted tons of opportunity and time in my life.

I was deluded and playing victim and ruining most of my opportunities to truly live.

I can’t seem to stop reflecting on this.

maybe the solution is to love the one who judges myself for having wasted time.

To wallow in it is playing more victim. Forgive yourself and learn from your mistakes. When that is done it's time to move forward. Take opportunity of the time you have left in this life.

4 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Take opportunity of the time you have left in this life.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

There is a difference between understanding your wasting in an intellectual sense(from the head) and an intuitive sense (from the heart). 

A lot of people screw up and then indulge in addictions and other distractions to just not feel the pain/suffering. That is probably n1 why a lot of people don’t enjoy life: escapism. 

It is painful to meditate on it but it is the only way to get direct experience to the suffering/pain. 
Intellectualizing your escapism won’t do anything because it not direct experience. 

Edited by StarStruck