Echoes

The Metaphysical Truth Of Law Of Attraction

47 posts in this topic

Hey!

I'm interested if any of you have "used" this principle and got undoubted results/synchronicities/messages? I don't just mean stuff like "1 month of visualization and affirmations and I felt more confident after this" But more "neutral" things, like attracting something to your life that is so special that it could almost only be the result of this technique. At the moment, I'm trying to attract certain exotic animals into my reality, so that I can be relatively sure they manifested because of my efforts. but so far none has appeared. If the principle is true though, things like this should be possible, and not just stuff like feeling more confident/more motivation etc. Those are more normal psychological principles. I wonder though, if this "law" is true, it should be possible to attract all kinds of stuff, ranging from living dinosaurs to freddie mercury on a flying dog. after all we are talking about a field of infinite possibilites. Why is nobody testing this principle first on those things; so one can be sure that it is working 100%? If you have made some of these unmistakeable manifestations, I would love to hear your storys!

44 minutes ago, Echoes said:

Law Of Attraction

Every ‘new’ formula for success based on positive thinking is always a hit – after all, who wouldn’t want an easy way to get rich? It appeals perfectly to the greedy, lazy age we live in.

In the rush to get on the band wagon however, very few stop to wonder, if it were so easy, how come everyone is not living out their dream? And anyway, how would the world function if everyone lived their dream – who would do the kind of work that no one else wanted to do? And would it really be so much fun if everyone else were also living in a big house and driving a luxury car?

If our conscious desire fitted with our unconscious ideas, there would actually be no problem. Then the ‘Law of Attraction’ would work automatically – no need to do anything to create it. But most of our unconscious ideas, are negative and destructive, not what we would consciously want! And as that is what is running our life, you can see why any attempt at conscious positive thinking is doomed to failure. 

It means that we may consciously think we want more money, and focus on the visualization of a nice fat bank account of a few million, but if there is a belief in our unconscious mind that we don’t deserve to be rich, that we will never win the lottery, that it is something for other people not me, then guess what – no matter how much and for how long you visualize those millions, you will never get them!

First, clean your unconscious , grow into a meditator. 

Law of attraction doesn't give the ego what it wants, thus why it tends to present its messages in flow states.  It gives multiple options for your reality, you can choose to follow it, or keep going on egoically - and it will present itself again and again until the lesson is learned.  It's never a single path but is simultaneously predetermined.  It gives you the lessons that you need when needed.

@Prabhaker If the Law of attraction would work if conscious and unconscios are in harmony, why did masters like Ramana Maharshi attracted diseases like cancer? If we create our own reality, why would masters create diseases for themselves?

@Whywolf That's not how I understood the LoA. Your description sounds more like synchronicty. The way I understood Law of Attraction is that you basically create and "attract" the manifestations you intented to with your mind

@Echoes Have you already watched Leo's video on it? It's one of his older, shorter ones but still worthwhile.

Sorry, I don't have anything to contribute except for a hefty dose of skepticism.

@Echoes You do, but from what I understand, the Universe doesn't usually give in to egoic wishes.  Your first post includes synchronicity, which might be a huge component in the Law of Attraction - would have to look into it a bit more.  So if an exotic animal is an egoic wish, it could happen, but it might be less likely to.  But still, could happen.

From my experiences - they're limited, forgive me:

• The Universe doesn't give way to expectation, and prefers an "offering", given in the form of unconditional loving energy and gratitude sent out - gratitude for simply being alive, for the goodwill of all others and to give that energy to those around you first - without wanting anything in return.  Because that is what we essentially are, that is the language that the Universe speaks, it doesn't seem to respond as well to expectation, it's the wrong energy to ask for things from.
  • From there, as the ego dies away, the Universe will grant - "attract to" - the subconscious non-egoic state what it genuinely desires.

@Echoes You can attain, everything you desire. Very easily. In fact it is the deepest wish of the whole universe. To fulfill every single one of your desires.
Yo problem tho.

YOU MOTHERFUCKER GOT NO CLUE WHATCHA WANT

Let's say that in your mind you want a relationship.
Relationship is not the thing you actually want.
You want the feeling of it, the quality of it. The relationship is a symbol to you be it love, companionship, connection...
If you are coming from a lack-based desire of "I NEED THIS TO FEEL HAPPIEEE"... then like... yo homie that a no go.
However DRUMROLL PLEAASE

TOMTOMTOM

GOOD NEEEWS... EEEY!

You can activate that quality within your consciousness. You want a relationship - symbol for love - you "awaken" the feeling, quality of love within you, you realize it is already there. And one of the 2 following things happens.
1. You stop desireing it and realize you are inspired towards something else
2. You still desire it, through inspiration, and it will naturally flow into your experience.

Edited by Martin123

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

2 hours ago, Echoes said:

If the Law of attraction would work if conscious and unconscios are in harmony, why did masters like Ramana Maharshi attracted diseases like cancer?

That is too much to ask from positive thoughts, because enlightenment is beyond duality, it is neither negative nor positive. When both the polarities are dropped, it happens. With positive thoughts many things are possible - not enlightenment. 

In fact, anybody who has been enlightened has had poor health, for the simple reason that enlightenment is something which goes beyond ordinary biology. Enlightenment is the last lesson of life, there is nothing more to learn, you are unnecessarily hanging around. You have learnt the lesson—that was the purpose of life—so life starts losing contact with the person. And most of these people have died immediately; the shock was so much. And death is not a calamity to them; it is a blessing, because they have attained whatsoever life was to give.  It is tremendously blissful, it is great ecstasy, but only for consciousness, not for the body.

Nobody has ever explained exactly what the situation is. I think there may have been a fear that if you explain it to people—they are already not making any effort towards enlightenment—and if you say it is possible that enlightenment may become your death, they may simply freak out! "Then why bother about enlightenment? Then we are good as we are—at least we are alive! Miserable, but we are alive."

If your body becomes vulnerable, fragile, non-resistant to any kind of disease, that may also give them the argument: "This is not good; it is better not to bother about such things. It is better to be healthy and have no diseases, rather than having enlightenment and then suffer a fragile body and all its implications."

Those who are not going to make any effort, only they will find excuses; they were not going to make any effort anyway. For those of you who are going to make the effort—even if death comes, it will be a challenge, an adventure, because you have attained whatever life could deliver to you, and then life slipped away.

@ChimpBrain Thanks, I will watch it.

15 hours ago, Whywolf said:

@Echoes You do, but from what I understand, the Universe doesn't usually give in to egoic wishes.  Your first post includes synchronicity, which might be a huge component in the Law of Attraction - would have to look into it a bit more.  So if an exotic animal is an egoic wish, it could happen, but it might be less likely to.  But still, could happen.

From my experiences - they're limited, forgive me:

• The Universe doesn't give way to expectation, and prefers an "offering", given in the form of unconditional loving energy and gratitude sent out - gratitude for simply being alive, for the goodwill of all others and to give that energy to those around you first - without wanting anything in return.  Because that is what we essentially are, that is the language that the Universe speaks, it doesn't seem to respond as well to expectation, it's the wrong energy to ask for things from.
  • From there, as the ego dies away, the Universe will grant - "attract to" - the subconscious non-egoic state what it genuinely desires.

But doesn't the universe love everything? I can't imagine that distinctions or judgements are made. "This I will grant you! This not!" doesn't it also love egoic wishes? If everything is love, egoic fantasys should also be love.

15 hours ago, Martin123 said:

@Echoes You can attain, everything you desire. Very easily. In fact it is the deepest wish of the whole universe. To fulfill every single one of your desires.
Yo problem tho.

YOU MOTHERFUCKER GOT NO CLUE WHATCHA WANT

Let's say that in your mind you want a relationship.
Relationship is not the thing you actually want.
You want the feeling of it, the quality of it. The relationship is a symbol to you be it love, companionship, connection...
If you are coming from a lack-based desire of "I NEED THIS TO FEEL HAPPIEEE"... then like... yo homie that a no go.
However DRUMROLL PLEAASE

TOMTOMTOM

GOOD NEEEWS... EEEY!

You can activate that quality within your consciousness. You want a relationship - symbol for love - you "awaken" the feeling, quality of love within you, you realize it is already there. And one of the 2 following things happens.
1. You stop desireing it and realize you are inspired towards something else
2. You still desire it, through inspiration, and it will naturally flow into your experience.

Yes, this is congruent with what I have read about the Law of Attraction. However, im stuck at the "everything you desire" part. It should really be possible inside a field of infinite possibilities. A relationship is more of a "normal" wordly manifestation, but what if I desire that harry potter becomes president of the united states? Or What if I desire that I turn into a giant glass of water? Or that all animals turn into pokemon? This doesn't seem possible. 

14 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

That is too much to ask from positive thoughts, because enlightenment is beyond duality, it is neither negative nor positive. When both the polarities are dropped, it happens. With positive thoughts many things are possible - not enlightenment. 

In fact, anybody who has been enlightened has had poor health, for the simple reason that enlightenment is something which goes beyond ordinary biology. Enlightenment is the last lesson of life, there is nothing more to learn, you are unnecessarily hanging around. You have learnt the lesson—that was the purpose of life—so life starts losing contact with the person. And most of these people have died immediately; the shock was so much. And death is not a calamity to them; it is a blessing, because they have attained whatsoever life was to give.  It is tremendously blissful, it is great ecstasy, but only for consciousness, not for the body.

Nobody has ever explained exactly what the situation is. I think there may have been a fear that if you explain it to people—they are already not making any effort towards enlightenment—and if you say it is possible that enlightenment may become your death, they may simply freak out! "Then why bother about enlightenment? Then we are good as we are—at least we are alive! Miserable, but we are alive."

If your body becomes vulnerable, fragile, non-resistant to any kind of disease, that may also give them the argument: "This is not good; it is better not to bother about such things. It is better to be healthy and have no diseases, rather than having enlightenment and then suffer a fragile body and all its implications."

Those who are not going to make any effort, only they will find excuses; they were not going to make any effort anyway. For those of you who are going to make the effort—even if death comes, it will be a challenge, an adventure, because you have attained whatever life could deliver to you, and then life slipped away.

Are you saying that it's not possible to heal such diseases with the power of the mind? Or that only enlightened beings can't heal this diseases with the power of the mind, because they don't have the desire to do this anymore? But then why do they let doctors make surgery on them.

6 hours ago, Echoes said:

However, im stuck at the "everything you desire" part. It should really be possible inside a field of infinite possibilities.

You're assuming here that the manifestation from the field of possibilities has anything to do with YOUR desires. But your desires are the RESULT of the field of possibilities. As is the non-manifestation of them, and your resultant feelings and thoughts about the law of attraction.

If there's a field of infinite possibilities, what is choosing which possibilities are manifested? Is it you? Has your experience to this point in any way suggested it is you?

@Telepresent If not with my desires, with whom then? Isn't this what all the Law of Attraction business is about? So you are basically saying there is just manifestation that is independent of the desire of oneself. How is this different of saying that Law of Attraction doesn't exist and just random events happen?

7 minutes ago, Echoes said:

If not with my desires, with whom then

Yup. That's the question. Chase it. I'm not saying manifestation of what you don't want is independent of your sense of self. You're making an interpretation there: that manifestation MUST meet your desires (meaning your desires are a: correct, and b: independent of their own manifestation before they are used to manifest a physical experience).

The trick is assuming that your personal ideas or desires or needs have anything to do with objective reality. Until you can strip one from the other manifestation cannot make sense

@Telepresent I know that there is no me, but nevertheless desires arise in the field of empty awareness. I don't think that it must need my desires, I'm asking why some manifestations seem possible, while others seem impossible. What is the difference, assuming that both are correctly "performed"?

I don't know if I'm misunderstanding you (probably), but Law of Attraction implicates that reality is manifesting according to your thoughts/state of being. I don't know how you then come to the conclusion that there are correct/incorrect desires. And what do you mean with objective reality? I think there is no such thing as objective reality.

Sorry if I don't get it, just trying to understand!

@Echoes The point is that I don't conclude that there are correct or incorrect desires. Like you suggest, a desire or lack of desire is neither right or wrong. But the fulfilment of that desire is a ALSO neither right or wrong. You are playing that the non-manifestation of your desire is FACTUALLY wrong. I'm suggesting you question that thought.

The problem comes down, as other people have suggested, to the idea of WHO or WHAT is selecting your reality.

If it is you, then rejoice! There is no need for this thread as you can manifest whatever you want because you are in control and whatever we have to say is codswallop.

But if it is NOT you... If the universe is manifesting shit you don't want... Then you have to ask why that is? And a good place to start is what you want to manifest. You can learn an awful lot in the gap between what you want, and what is

Also (sorry my phone won't let me quote): if you really, really, really, REALLY KNOW that there is no you...

why do you care what is manifest?

@Telepresent But isn't the whole point of it that it's always "me" who is manifesting? The only difference is if I'm doing it consciously or unconsciously. what do you mean with "You are playing that the non-manifestation of your desire is factually wrong?"I never said that something is wrong or right, I was just wondering why certain things seem possible and other things not. 

4 minutes ago, Telepresent said:

Also (sorry my phone won't let me quote): if you really, really, really, REALLY KNOW that there is no you...

why do you care what is manifest?

There are many realizations to have. The realization of no-self doesn't immediately imply that any interest in worldy things is lost. It also doesn't mean that one is permanently in the state of no-self, only because one had one or more glimpses/awakenings/realizations

The point that I have to suggest is that no, you who thinks you are you, and I, cannot have a straight conversation.

No, it is not you who are manifesting.

No, it is not you for the negative feelings you have in response to this post.

The 'feeling' of

ah, sorry, my phone posted halfway

but the 'feeling' of I, and the consciousness that determines what that feeling of 'I' is (& as a hint, it's nothing you will ever ever encounter from another person) NOT THE SAME THING

So let the fuck go of any concept of any ideas of any rules that tell you that this is how the world works and that you need to manifest shit to make you feel ok

@Echoes

Edited by Telepresent

@Telepresent You are probably right, I don't get what you are trying to tell me :D Thanks for your time though!