Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bloomer

Are YOU guilty of Main Character Syndrome?

18 posts in this topic

There are so many narcissistic millennials and zoomers who see their life as a film with them as the main character. The world revolves around them and everyone else is just a prop in the background. Why does the ego need to feel like it's the most important thing in the world? And why is it so scary to think that you're not special or significant? People prefer to be losers and hard done by to the extreme because at least that means they're not average and special. Which keeps them low. Then there's the reverse that you're amazing and perfect, deserving of adulation. People need to be more self aware and introspective. Stop thinking the world revolves around you if you are. No one is thinking about you. 

I'm important.PNG

How do you know if you are? Or more accurately, what is a healthy degree of main character syndrome? To an extent, I’m the main thing that my consciousness is concerned with, but far from the only thing.

I always think that I'm the heroine of the movie of my life. Does that make me a narcissist? Who cares if everyone is insignificant right? 

If nobody is thinking about me, then why would they even bother about what I'm guilty of? Sounds comically contradictory. 

Nobody should care about what another person thinks of themselves.. 

And if you do care too much, then I would call it preaching character syndrome. 

If someone called me a narcissist for thinking about myself mostly, I would call myself a social revolutionary. Kiss my ass lol. 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

8 hours ago, bloomer said:

There are so many narcissistic millennials and zoomers who see their life as a film with them as the main character. The world revolves around them and everyone else is just a prop in the background. Why does the ego need to feel like it's the most important thing in the world? And why is it so scary to think that you're not special or significant? People prefer to be losers and hard done by to the extreme because at least that means they're not average and special. Which keeps them low. Then there's the reverse that you're amazing and perfect, deserving of adulation. People need to be more self aware and introspective. Stop thinking the world revolves around you if you are. No one is thinking about you. 

I'm important.PNG

1. You are the main character in your life, and your life is a movie. The only difference is, you weren't given a script, you are your own audience, your own critic, your own scriptwriter, and you are the main character.

2. Notice how you complain about them either seeing themselves as losers, or perfect? Notice how your complain is contradictory. Do you know why? Maybe just maybe everyone is a mirror of you and your complaint with them is just your own complaint against your self. Whenever you criticize anyone you will always be engaged in paradox because the same things you just complained about, you yourself engage in. Once you become aware of this, you will use others as a barometer of how you want to express yourself. Truthfully you have always done this, but you will do it more consciously.

3. You can't learn how to not talk too much until you get to experience it, you can't learn timing until you see it, you can't learn how to be a better listener until you see it, your whole life is you getting to experience what you consider "right" and wrong and then noticing how hard it is to keep being "right."

One day, you give up trying to be right, and learn to just be. "Right" is an illusionary concept you project onto reality and since reality is constantly changing on every level the more wrapped up you get into it the harder you will ever be able to figure out what right or wrong is.  

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

9 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

I always think that I'm the heroine of the movie of my life. Does that make me a narcissist? Who cares if everyone is insignificant right? 

If nobody is thinking about me, then why would they even bother about what I'm guilty of? Sounds comically contradictory. 

And if you do care too much, then I would call it preaching character syndrome. 

If someone called me a narcissist for thinking about myself mostly, I would call myself a social revolutionary. Kiss my ass lol. 

"Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil."

3 minutes ago, IDressMyDog said:

"Each smallest act of kindness, reverberates across great distances and spans of time --affecting lives unknown to the one who’s generous spirit, was the source of this good echo. Because kindness is passed on and grows each time it’s passed until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage, years later, and far away. Likewise, each small meanness, each expression of hatred, each act of evil."

All being done by the same being that plays all the parts. The story can't be a story without good guys and bad guys, and an even better story blurs the lines between which one is good or bad. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@SonataAllegro

13 hours ago, SonataAllegro said:

To an extent, I’m the main thing that my consciousness is concerned with

Sure but there's a difference between that and then thinking that others are there to serve you

@Tyler Robinson

13 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Does that make me a narcissist? Who cares if everyone is insignificant right? 

Yes that makes you narcissistic to think that everyone else is insignificant if they don't serve you. The reality is they're just as significant generally, as you. 

13 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Everyone does to some degree and not to at all makes you psychopathic. 

@Razard86

13 hours ago, Razard86 said:

The only difference is, you weren't given a script, you are your own audience, your own critic, your own scriptwriter, and you are the main character.

I like the way you put it but I still disagree. To a degree we do decide who we are. But obviously others do as well. Other who too have their own lives that are just as significant as us.

2. Notice how you complain about them either seeing themselves as losers, or perfect? Notice how your complain is contradictory.

It's not contradictory because my point is that both see themselves as special. On the extremes of the bell curve. So intrinsically different from others. People are far more similar to others than they like to admit because when they admit it, it bruises their ego because it means YOU are not the main character. 

Maybe just maybe everyone is a mirror of you

This is true to a degree. But I'm trying not to fall into the trap of thinking the world revolves around me and to live in that impenetrable bubble. 

"Right" is an illusionary concept you project onto reality and since reality is constantly changing on every level the more wrapped up you get into it the harder you will ever be able to figure out what right or wrong is.  

Well for now I'm just gonna stick with being right then. 

@IDressMyDog

13 hours ago, IDressMyDog said:

I like this quote. A lot of meat to it. Who said it? 

Freethinking.jpg

4 minutes ago, bloomer said:

Yes that makes you narcissistic to think that everyone else is insignificant if they don't serve you. The reality is they're just as significant generally, as you. 

You're so close minded. Thanks for the psychoanalysis lol. 

4 minutes ago, bloomer said:

Everyone does to some degree and not to at all makes you psychopathic. 

Thanks for calling me a psychopath. Truly appreciate!

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

@Tyler Robinson

Just now, Tyler Robinson said:

Thanks for the psychoanalysis lol. 

Don't mention it psychoanalyst bloomer is always here to help.

Just now, Tyler Robinson said:

Thanks for calling me a psychopath.

Again don't mention it. 

No but seriously you're likely not a psychopath obviously because you likely do actually care what other people think and say which ironically comes through in your responding post. I'm not saying you're a psychopath I'm saying if you truly didn't care about other people and their opinions, thoughts and feelings then you would be a psychopath. 

hasnt-yet-been-invaded-and-dissected-from-every-angle-psychoanalysts-its-free-real-estate.jpg

Just now, bloomer said:

@Tyler Robinson

Don't mention it psychoanalyst bloomer is always here to help.

Again don't mention it. 

No but seriously you're likely not a psychopath obviously because you likely do actually care what other people think and say which ironically comes through in your responding post. I'm not saying you're a psychopath I'm saying if you truly didn't care about other people and their opinions, thoughts and feelings then you would be a psychopath. 

hasnt-yet-been-invaded-and-dissected-from-every-angle-psychoanalysts-its-free-real-estate.jpg

You seem to have bigger issues going on than the people who you sit and psychoanalyze. People like you are dime a dozen. They roam around with a mirror to everyone but themselves never look in the mirror. 

Consciously choosing to focus on yourself does not mean that you don't think about others. It only means you mind your own business and it's a good trait to have. 

If you do think about others, then your whole post is an irony because you just said that nobody is significant.. 

Ironically it's you who doesn't give a damn when you make someone look insignificant. 

People can attach importance to whatever and whoever they want to, including themselves. 

Tell someone whose dog has died that their dog wasn't significant. 

Your logic is off.. Everyone is selfish and everyone cares first about themselves and then others. Get over your moralizing. You are no better than anyone. 

♡✸♡.

@Tyler Robinson

3 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

You seem to have bigger issues going on than the people who you sit and psychoanalyze. People like you are dime a dozen. They roam around with a mirror to everyone but themselves never look in the mirror. 

I look in the mirror loads and what I see is a sexy beast. :x

No actually I do introspect. What are you seeing exactly in me that I don't see in myself?

4 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Consciously choosing to focus on yourself does not mean that you don't think about others. It only means you mind your own business and it's a good trait to have. 

What's not a good trait to have is thinking you are the main character of the world and everyone else is "insignificant".

4 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

If you do think about others, then your whole post is an irony because you just said that nobody is significant.. 

I should have worded my post better. We all are significant but don't think you're vastly more significant or special than others. 

5 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Your logic is off.. Everyone is selfish and everyone cares first about themselves and then others. Get over your moralizing. You are no better than anyone. 

Have I struck some nerve with you? 

1 hour ago, bloomer said:

@Tyler Robinson

No actually I do introspect. What are you seeing exactly in me that I don't see in myself?

What's not a good trait to have is thinking you are the main character of the world and everyone else is "insignificant".

I should have worded my post better. We all are significant but don't think you're vastly more significant or special than others. 

1 hour ago, bloomer said:

@Tyler Robinson

Oh

That you're too much of a preacher 

Focusing on oneself does not automatically translate as others being insignificant. Widen your horizon. 

Who said that anyway? Most people on a self help website actually suffer low self esteem issues. They think that they are inferior. 

No. You are trying to act like you know better. 

♡✸♡.

unawake is there are others; awake is others are my long lost limbs

unawake is, i assert i have more right to survive than you do and so my every act is about making me top dog and you my under dog; if it's life or death i kill you to save me - the only exception being a mother's love where she will take a bullet for her child so this makes her awake in fact

awake is, thanks for being a mirror so i can see myself more clearly in my movie

@bloomer I am guilty of this. And I'm enjoying it more than I used to.

Some millenials seem to already see other people as "NPCs" without going through an existential crisis when basically looking through the lens of solipsism.

@Tyler Robinson

On 1/4/2023 at 1:59 PM, Tyler Robinson said:

Who said that anyway? Most people on a self help website actually suffer low self esteem issues. They think that they are inferior. 

I wasn't commentating on that. Just on narcissism broadly in culture. 

@gettoefl

Dude I don't know why you're on about lol.

@meta_male

On 1/4/2023 at 6:11 PM, meta_male said:

Some millenials seem to already see other people as "NPCs" without going through an existential crisis when basically looking through the lens of solipsism.

Maybe it's all just a simulation dude and none of us are the PCs or main character ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

simulation proof.jpg

Yup, millenials and zoomers invented the ego.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 1/4/2023 at 1:11 PM, meta_male said:

@bloomer I am guilty of this. And I'm enjoying it more than I used to.

Millenials don't even really believe that, if they did they would have an existential crisis. They say that as a tactic to absolve themselves of hurting others. You don't see them saying oh these npcs need to stop hurting me. They are only NPCS when they look down on them but if they ever get hurt they are a real person and "should know better."

Don't fall for any of these ego games. All ego games are designed to pain the ego as good and other egos as bad. Once you understand this ONE THING, you understand self-bias in its entirety. Its all a comparison game where you are always good (the hero) and others are bad (the villain).

All complaints are self-bias, all correction is self-bias, all conflict is self-bias, what I am doing here giving my opinion IS SELF-BIAS. Most will refuse to listen and take this message clearly because it exposes their self-bias.