Danioover9000

Is Coffeezilla a cam artist, a grifter?

18 posts in this topic

I don't know much about this guy, other than he's an investigative journalist whose YouTube Channel is solely about exposing scammers. However, I don't like this guy, there's a funning feeling I have that this man is also himself a grifter, who's grifting about scammers whilst making money about covering scammers.

I know it's dependent on stage of development, cognitive and moral development, psychology, personality typing, ego development, states, life experiences and other lines of development in areas of life, worldviews and belief systems indoctrinated into your mind from upbringing. However, my intuition is telling me this man is using the holier than thou attitude to disguise how shallow his life purpose of exposing scams. Please clarify to me that my intuition is wrong, or that this person is also dangerous:

Putting aside the topic and person he's covering, see how click baiting he is?

What are your thoughts and feelings about this guy? Legit, or also a scammer?

Shouldn't people be protected from scams? 

I don't consider what he is doing a noble mission since there are many other nobler goals that one can pursue. To me he appears as someone who is addicted and passionate about the work he is doing. He sees a sense of purpose in it.

But one cannot rule out that some part of it is rooted in ego as well. 

The tendency to moralize people meanwhile simultaneously upping one's value in the eyes of the world. 

I'd want a system where people like scammers are understood rather than demonized. I believe a lot of people scam out of desperation and poverty. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Tyler Robinson

2 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Shouldn't people be protected from scams? 

I don't consider what he is doing a noble mission since there are many other nobler goals that one can pursue. To me he appears as someone who is addicted and passionate about the work he is doing. He sees a sense of purpose in it.

But one cannot rule out that some part of it is rooted in ego as well. 

The tendency to moralize people meanwhile simultaneously upping one's value in the eyes of the world. 

I'd want a system where people like scammers are understood rather than demonized. I believe a lot of people scam out of desperation and poverty. 

Yes, most people should be protected from scammers, unless they bring  the scammers to themselves though.

To a degree, I agree with you that I also don't consider he is doing a noble mission. White hat hackers justify their YouTube Channel of exposing scammers or fraud callers via hacking and scamming techniques themselves, so, it's a double standard. Yes, I also intuit that his life purpose seems inauthentic, like he's pretending that this is his ultimate purpose on earth, whereas I feel that he's justifying his craving and addiction to investigate and journal about people's lives. 

Definitely ego rooted, although if that's his circumstance and conditions in his career and work development so far, well, that's where he's drawing his source of strength from.

I also don't like how he moralizes. I also agree that scammers, and he used some quote i the Lex Fridman interview about scammers being born per minute or something, well, the majority of scammers are stage red/blue values mostly with some SD orange and above to be relatable and able to exploit and manipulate stages orange/green. Scammer's cognition and morality are less developed and both limitations of nature and nurture. Scammers are more varied in terms of personality, typically you'd find more extroverts and open minded scammer, typically in Ego development their ego is around impulsive(which are likely to do hard or red collar crime) up to opportunist(which is where white collar crimes are done from) and rarely above like Bureaucratic or strategic/construct aware. Typically states of consciousness are more conservative and fear based as they need to hustle and manipulate to gain more money and security. Life experiences and other lines of development may vary widely, but usually there's limitations and differences to the average westerner's and easterner's life.

I also find Lex Fridman a bit suspicious, but less than Coffeezilla. He claims to be a computer scientist, when he partly hasn't accomplished much in that field. Now runs a podcast to interview strange people, for what?

I’ve worked with him before. I don’t wanna reveal too much since you can trace it back to me in real life quite easily.

He was really nice and seemed super genuine on the first project.

Then he ghosted me out of nowhere on the second project

Tried to reconcile months later but I imagine that was just because he had another project idea. I was busy so I didn’t reply

Make of that what you will. I think he’s probably a pretty genuine dude overall

@something_else

35 minutes ago, something_else said:

I’ve worked with him before. I don’t wanna reveal too much since you can trace it back to me in real life quite easily.

He was really nice and seemed super genuine on the first project.

Then he ghosted me out of nowhere on the second project

Tried to reconcile months later but I imagine that was just because he had another project idea. I was busy so I didn’t reply

Make of that what you will. I think he’s probably a pretty genuine dude overall

Wow, that's interesting! Who are you referring to that ghosted you: Coffeezilla or Lex Fridman

Coffeezilla is legit, not sure why you think he's a grifter or whatnot, you can make legitimate content covering all the scams going on these days, there's plenty of content creators who have found their niche in the general area. If you have a problem with any of his specific videos or content feel free to point it out.

7 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@something_else

Wow, that's interesting! Who are you referring to that ghosted you: Coffeezilla or Lex Fridman

Coffeezilla

@thepixelmonk

2 hours ago, thepixelmonk said:

Coffeezilla is legit, not sure why you think he's a grifter or whatnot, you can make legitimate content covering all the scams going on these days, there's plenty of content creators who have found their niche in the general area. If you have a problem with any of his specific videos or content feel free to point it out.

The problem is that Coffeezilla's audience won't have the same moral standards as him. Suppose he's being good faith and charitable with his take and only focus in on the scams, even from some of the most reputable guests or YouTubers or business people, well, the majority of his audience won't have that same ability to separate as cleanly, and would likely generalize and conflate actions with character and psychology and so on, maybe a smaller segment of his audience would abstract too quickly and jump to conclusions of silencing and censoring any person he covers. Maybe most of his audience, and the general viewers looking for skepticism and debunk content, won't have the same level of integrity and may attack the covered person.

Another is what Lex Fridman asked in the interview. What happens when the person you covered actually was innocent of said scam accusations, and you went in too early and became the part that made the majority of the mob attack said business, which could have boycotted unreasonably?

Maybe I'm intuiting that he's just an addict for doxxing other people, and an addict for coffee.

@MarkKol

3 hours ago, MarkKol said:

Just leave it alone man

I can't leave it alone. My mind that has binged and studied stages of development, cognition, morality, psychology, personality types, ego development, Ken Wilbur's integral theory, demands that I break down this person that is triggering my intuitive sense of suspicion.

@Consept

10 minutes ago, Consept said:

Is there anyone in particular you think he wasn't fair to?

Potentially Andrew Tate and the values entertainment guy, but I'll have to research a bit more on my end.

The issue would be if he's saying something false about them or if he's giving bad faith takes. Obviously he does have an audience that wants people to get exposed so that is the content he will be looking for and will have bias' against who he considers grifters, but if he is just pointing out information that is true I don't see a problem, in fact that would be helpful. 

But yeah if you do have specific examples of bad faith on his part then post it up 

@Consept

16 minutes ago, Consept said:

The issue would be if he's saying something false about them or if he's giving bad faith takes. Obviously he does have an audience that wants people to get exposed so that is the content he will be looking for and will have bias' against who he considers grifters, but if he is just pointing out information that is true I don't see a problem, in fact that would be helpful. 

But yeah if you do have specific examples of bad faith on his part then post it up 

I found a few videos, obviously a bias against Coffeezilla, and are delivered in a bit of bad faith and uncharitable representation, but maybe worth a watch, there's likely are small partial truth with that these guys are saying:

This one seems slightly more legit, and based on a past fan's perspective. Crypto bias though.

Resuming deep research...

@Danioover9000 reminds me of the phrase negative nancy.

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

No

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.