Thought Art

Understanding The Conservative Mind

45 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, DocWatts said:

Kind of late to the party for this one, but for as much as Spirituality forms the 'core' of actualized.org, his Leo's videos on applied Systems Thinking for sociological topics has been some of the best content he's produced (in my opinion at least).

That's because understanding socio-political issues requires really good epistemology, to cut through all the bias.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

22 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's because understanding socio-political issues requires really good epistemology, to cut through all the bias.

@Leo Gura I have abit of a hard time understanding epistemology, I know the definition but what it really is have not dawned for me yet. But would you say that the best epistemology for a human to have, is being non-biased with their direct experience? 

Epistemology is your understanding of how the human constructs knowledge and all the tricks it uses to fool itself with its own biases.

See my series: Self-Deception Part 1, 2, 3

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Self bias. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

I recently watched the long Andrew Tate Interview from the Valuetainment Podcast. First and  foremost to get a better picture of him, since he seems to have become a very controversial figure in the last year and I didnt knew much about him. I found that he is a perfect example of the conservative worldview. His points perfectly fit into the descriptions from the video about the conservative mind. I also think that he points out some stage blue/conservative values that really are underemphasized in current culture and its also an quite intelligent formulation of the conservative worldview. Recommand watching this, if you want to see an example of the conservative worldview to understand it deeper, although I can understand if someone doesnt want to watch 5 hours of Andrew Tate :D But be careful he is quite persuasive and I can see how he can draw people in, get them to belief some of the more toxic aspects of his worldview.