Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
r0ckyreed

Does Nothingness Exist?

26 posts in this topic

Does Nothingness Exist?

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

The etymology of "exist" means "to stand out". So nothingness does not exist. Only phenomena exist.

Ultimate reality is beyond nothingness and thingness, which are dualities. Consciousness is all there is, and creation/destruction is the eternal game it plays.

This multitude of beings is created and destroyed again and again in the succeeding days and nights of Brahma. But beyond this formless state there is another, unmanifested reality, which is eternal and is not dissolved when the cosmos is destroyed.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Nothingness is existence itself.  

17 hours ago, Moksha said:

So nothingness does not exist. Only phenomena exist.

That's what I thought.

18 minutes ago, Edvardas said:

Nothingness is existence itself.  

But nonexistence does NOT exist.  To speak of nothing is to speak of something, which is a contradiction.  If nonexistence exists, then it would be something in existence and would NOT be nonexistence!  That is one of the reasons why death is an illusion.  Something that does NOT exist cannot exist.  But even the concept of something to NOT exist is an idea within existence.  You see the problem?  It is like saying that somethingness is nonexistent.  

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

What is nothingness?

As an example of what I mean by this question, lets suppose the universe is everything that exists, then shrink it down back to the singularity and imagine, if possible that the singularity vanishing from existence.

Absolute nothingness (You cannot say nothing is left, or you have nothing left, because the word "IS" and LEFT and HAVE, denote that you have a something.)

Maybe we could use "Absolute nothingness= Total Absence of Everything? 

An infinite totally empty void is not nothing, it is three dimentional empty space!

Can one describe a negation like this in words?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here you have to experience the void to get it. It's not an absence of everything.  

@r0ckyreed of course non-existence does not exist, lol. That's completly opposite of what I am pointing to. Nothingness exists - the end. 

35 minutes ago, Someone here said:

An infinite totally empty void is not nothing, it is three dimentional empty space!

Infinite dimension of empty consciousness! Which I guess Consciousness is neither something nor nothing. Consciousness isn’t an object and it isn’t nonexistent.

33 minutes ago, Edvardas said:

@r0ckyreed of course non-existence does not exist, lol. That's completly opposite of what I am pointing to. Nothingness exists - the end. 

What are you really pointing to then? Nothing or something? In my experience, the only Nothing you can point to is yourself. Where you think your eyes, brain, and head are, there is nothing, but there is also everything. You really are pointing at everything which includes the nothingness behind your eyes. Consciousness is Everything!

@r0ckyreed I`m pointing towards existence, which is formless, so it's difficult for you to grasp. Yet it still IS and is not really "nothing", but as far as symbols go, nothingness is as good as it gets, because there are no attributes to it. 

Comon guys, these are rudamentary things which you get after first cessation. Start peddaling harder, because Leo is way ahead.  You probably have no idea what Leo is really teaching, or you only understand it, but you have not verified it. So stop philosophising emptily and go do the practices. You need enlightenment experiences.

58 minutes ago, Edvardas said:

@r0ckyreed I`m pointing towards existence, which is formless, so it's difficult for you to grasp. Yet it still IS and is not really "nothing", but as far as symbols go, nothingness is as good as it gets, because there are no attributes to it. 

Comon guys, these are rudamentary things which you get after first cessation. Start peddaling harder, because Leo is way ahead.  You probably have no idea what Leo is really teaching, or you only understand it, but you have not verified it. So stop philosophising emptily and go do the practices. You need enlightenment experiences.

Nobody on here (myself included) knows what they are talking about. No one on here (myself included) is awake or Truth-realized.

Buddhism is NOT Awakening.

Cessation is NOT Awakening.

Meditation is NOT Awakening

Psychedelics are NOT Awakening.

Mystical Experiences are NOT Awakening.

Hallucination is NOT Awakening.

Reading a spiritual book is NOT Awakening

Nothingness is NOT Awakening.

Any blissful feeling you have is NOT Awakening

Spiritual Enlightenment is NOT Awakening.

And finally, Leo or Actualized.org is NOT Awakening.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awakening IS Truth-Realization

Truth-Realization = Complete Understanding of Reality

Edited by r0ckyreed

@r0ckyreed not no one. You have no idea who I am.  

Admit it, you have 0 idea of who I am, but if you dig deep, you might get a glimpse of what I know. 

Truth-realization is radical af, but if you want me to give it to you - I can give it to you.

Edited by Edvardas
Spelling

11 minutes ago, Edvardas said:

@r0ckyreed not no one. You have no idea who I am.  

Admit it, you have 0 idea of who I am, but if you dig deep, you might get a glimpse of what I know. 

You are Me.  I am The Self.  Total knowledge of The Self is impossible. 

11 minutes ago, Edvardas said:

Truth-realization is radical af, but if you want me to give it to you - I can give it to you.

Truth-realization cannot be given.  Who is in possession? Who would it be given to? You are not awake! You can't fool me.

Edited by r0ckyreed

1 minute ago, r0ckyreed said:

You are Me.  I am The Self.  Total knowledge of The Self is impossible. 

Truth-realization cannot be given XD.  Who is in possession? Who would it be given to? You are not awake! You can't fool me.

Truth realization is that you are truth.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@r0ckyreed it can be given, actually. You still need to verify it, but it can be communicated. 

I am in possesion of Truth right now.

46 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Truth-realization cannot be given.  Who is in possession? Who would it be given to? You are not awake! You can't fool me.

The truth cannot be given, you are right. Neither said, or thought. The truth is totally actual, can only be and realized in the present moment. The truth would blow up in our faces if it weren't for the many layers of fear with which we cover it.

If the doors of perception were opened, reality would show itself as it is: infinite. but we have cover it with many layers of fear that are like blinders on the donkey: they only let us see what we have to see to be what we are

1 hour ago, Vibroverse said:

Wittgenstein is gonna beat you all up. 

How so?  I'd like to see what he has composed for us.

2 hours ago, Edvardas said:

@r0ckyreed it can be given, actually. You still need to verify it, but it can be communicated. 

I am in possesion of Truth right now.

Give it here please!

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

The truth cannot be given, you are right. Neither said, or thought. The truth is totally actual, can only be and realized in the present moment. The truth would blow up in our faces if it weren't for the many layers of fear with which we cover it.

If the doors of perception were opened, reality would show itself as it is: infinite. but we have cover it with many layers of fear that are like blinders on the donkey: they only let us see what we have to see to be what we are

Sounds right to me.

@r0ckyreed go to the liberation topic in this forum category and see my message on the last page. If you want to know what the Ego is you'll find it in the previous page I think.  It's so simple and precise that you will resist accepting it. It can't be that simple - you'll say.  But it is, in the end, really simple. Not while you are on the journey though. When you are learning it is confusing AF. 

I always wonder why people who have experienced this commonly use the term 'nothingness' since nothing can't really exist.  At least something exist, but I once read the same word spelled differently as in 'NO-THINGNESS' . The hyphen makes a big difference, pointing to 'not a thing', but still beingness'.  

I still don't understand why this beingness goes along with what we associate with 'happy feelings' which is not neutral nor unhappy and I've also seen it described as non-emotional happiness being non-dual.  But then why there is no non-emotional non-dual sadness ?