Carl-Richard

It's here — the dreaded Destiny and MrGirl bridge nuke

186 posts in this topic

What's funny is literally Destiny brought this onto himself, by doing open relationships with women, who're sometimes streamers, which is another form of sneaky ways of creating and maintaining drama, which is similar to gaslighting and grooming, so technically Mr. Girl's intuition isn't wrong, but how Mr. Girl is going about building a case against him is also playing and feeding into this narcissism and manipulation dynamic, not just between the two, but also, in a way, Mr. Girl is showing why Streamers and Twitch and online personalities are toxic.

On 13.11.2022 at 10:02 PM, Danioover9000 said:

What's funny is literally Destiny brought this onto himself, by doing open relationships with women, who're sometimes streamers, which is another form of sneaky ways of creating and maintaining drama, which is similar to gaslighting and grooming, so technically Mr. Girl's intuition isn't wrong, but how Mr. Girl is going about building a case against him is also playing and feeding into this narcissism and manipulation dynamic, not just between the two, but also, in a way, Mr. Girl is showing why Streamers and Twitch and online personalities are toxic.

I've been thinking a few things: 

I honestly think I've become blind to subtle hints of narcissism from being on here so much (and yes, I'm going to stop pretending like it doesn't exist), by giving it a pass so often, and that when I see it in Max, I suppress my emotional reaction and forgive. Every time he has acted like a DICK in conversation, I've always rationalized it away. Only after the professor interview, I was able to let the frustration come to the surface. When I think about it, I've had the word "narcissist" pop up many times when watching him. Maybe he is indeed what Destiny is implying. His tenacity when going after Dr. K, then Brittany, then Nick Fuentes, while it certainly had a kind of nobility and brilliance to it, it also struck me as... crazy.

On the other hand, Destiny is not exactly a beacon of saintly personality traits either. As for calling Max a manipulator, Destiny's entire career is about manipulation. That is what debate is. And he constantly jokes about how he used to actually manipulate people in his early 20s. Why do so many people absolutely despise Destiny? Manifesto after manifesto, bridge burning after bridge burning, and despite all that, his audience is in lockstep with every move. It makes you think, when he is so able to pivot so quickly and stomp down on someone as bright as MrGirl, who exactly the predator is.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

18 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Great it's uwu. So, which side do you think is gonna win, Destiny or Mr. Girl?

w-who

Just had another thought when watching the last MrGirl stream on Twitter. He said the reason he ignored Shaelin's request to not be in his doll review was that she consented to be in the video before the interview, and that he doesn't care if she withdraws consent later. That's an interesting position to have for someone who propounds to care so much about ethics. At least in ethics of scientific research, when you're asked to be a part of a research project where you sign a consent form, you generally have the right to withdraw consent at any point and have your data deleted. It seems weird that he would make it his life's mission to destroy Dr. K's career based on ethical malpractice when he is much more lax about applying those standards to himself.

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Carl-Richard

14 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Just had another thought when watching the last MrGirl stream on Twitter. He said the reason he ignored Shaelin's request to not be in his doll review was that she consented to be in the video before the interview, and that he doesn't care if she withdraws consent later. That's an interesting position to have for someone who propounds to care so much about ethics. At least in ethics of scientific research, when you're asked to be a part of a research project where you sign a consent form, you generally have the right to withdraw consent at any point and have your data deleted. It seems weird that he would make it his life's mission to destroy Dr. K's career based on ethical malpractice when he is much more lax about applying those standards to himself.

That's another red flag for being a narcissist, the double standard is a bit more obvious than other times. I still stand by my intuition of that Dr. K drama long ago, that Mr. Girl is jealous of Dr. K's success in the online streaming community, setting up a business that he could have had for himself. It could also be partly motivated by Destiny's comment that Mr. Girl looks like Reck full, which is another piece of evidence that Destiny is a master manipulator too.

Oh! your kiwi changed color!

I don't really believe I take these youtube streamer debates too seriously, especially these days.

Since I learnt about frame control in pick up I tend to just see these types of debates as just battle of frames.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

@Ulax

22 minutes ago, Ulax said:

I don't really believe I take these youtube streamer debates too seriously, especially these days.

Since I learnt about frame control in pick up I tend to just see these types of debates as just battle of frames.

I agree. I'm surprised that this drama hasn't escalated into Destiny filling lawsuits against Mr. Girl for slander and defamation, and Mr. Girl filling lawsuits for Destiny being a sexual predator. Also surprised both haven't doxed and swatted each other also.

So, in a war between a Machiavellianism sociopathic narcissist, and some over sensitive narcissist, Narcissism and drama making wins.

@Danioover9000 Ye i pretty much think the same as what you elaborated.

I've watched quite a lot of Hasanabi, who I think has a similar vibe to destiny, and when I watch him I find myself struggling to not change my opinions to his. I'm of the opinion its to dude with my attachment style, and a tendency for me to fawn towards narcissistic seeming physically powerful men. 

I find it kind of disturbing to sort of watch that dynamic play out in my mind. I pretty much seem to understand why my beliefs are changing but as long as i keep watching the same fawn dynamic seemingly just plays out again and again.

I imagine something similar could be happening for a significant chunk of viewers of people like Destiny, Hasanabi, and MrGirl.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

I still stand by my intuition of that Dr. K drama long ago, that Mr. Girl is jealous of Dr. K's success in the online streaming community, setting up a business that he could have had for himself. It could also be partly motivated by Destiny's comment that Mr. Girl looks like Reck full, which is another piece of evidence that Destiny is a master manipulator too.

I think that's way off. I think the best explanation is narcissism. Thinking that you can topple a public person all by yourself and save a large amount of people from what you deem to be abuse requires some narcissism, probably a lot. But the narcissist label is like "nazi". You can easily use it to discredit someone unfairly, and ironically, that is what Destiny trying to do now (while with Fuentes, he was allegedly and ardently against using such labels). Imagine if instead it was Fuentes who tried to topple Destiny like this. I bet he wouldn't hesitate calling him a nazi then.

Edited by Carl-Richard

1 hour ago, Danioover9000 said:

Oh! your kiwi changed color!

It's winter time ❄️☃️

@Carl-Richard

44 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I think that's way off. I think the best explanation is narcissism. Thinking that you can topple a public person all by yourself and save a large amount of people from what you deem to be abuse requires some narcissism, probably a lot. But the narcissist label is like "nazi". You can easily use it to discredit someone unfairly, and ironically, that is what Destiny trying to do now (while with Fuentes, he was allegedly and ardently against using such labels). Imagine if instead it was Fuentes who tried to topple Destiny like this. I bet he wouldn't hesitate calling him a nazi then.

Great point. If Mr. Girl actually had genuine concern that Destiny was actually a sexual predator, grooming female users IRL to be online users or streamers in Destiny's side, I think a normal person would try to build a case and sue the person in question. So, apart from Mr. Girl being Narcissistic, I don't know why both sides are content with this bickering back and forth of allegations when one side if genuine could go lawsuit.

10 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Carl-Richard

Great point. If Mr. Girl actually had genuine concern that Destiny was actually a sexual predator, grooming female users IRL to be online users or streamers in Destiny's side, I think a normal person would try to build a case and sue the person in question. So, apart from Mr. Girl being Narcissistic, I don't know why both sides are content with this bickering back and forth of allegations when one side if genuine could go lawsuit.

MrGirl's point is much more subtle than that. The sexual stuff is just a sub-category of the larger problem he has been addressing since day one: the power differential, of Destiny being his boss, of him having his career in his hands. Destiny is a powerful person, and by just a subtle twist of the frame, he can destroy a person's life and look virtuous while doing it. It's not unique to him, but he is a particularly notorious example of it, because his shtick is debate. In reality, it's power abuse.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Isn't it kind of obvious Mr.Girl is a narcissist? I mean I love the guy and he's probably my favorite internet personality but I was able to spot that shit from the first couple videos lol. He just has a certain charm and skill with manipulating peoples impression of him that he is able to hide it quite well.

I don't think it's a damning label in the end. It takes a certain level of narcissism to be a streamer/youtuber and if you didn't have those tendencies you will develop them spending any time on the internet. The environment encourages it.

hrhrhtewgfegege

58 minutes ago, Roy said:

Isn't it kind of obvious Mr.Girl is a narcissist? I mean I love the guy and he's probably my favorite internet personality but I was able to spot that shit from the first couple videos lol. He just has a certain charm and skill with manipulating peoples impression of him that he is able to hide it quite well.

I don't think it's a damning label in the end. It takes a certain level of narcissism to be a streamer/youtuber and if you didn't have those tendencies you will develop them spending any time on the internet. The environment encourages it.

Well yes, and exactly, the question is always: how much? I guess I don't like admitting to myself that I like narcissists.

Edited by Carl-Richard

7 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I guess I don't like admitting to myself that I like narcissists.

I think almost everyone is attracted to narcissists (including myself), because they are so confident and unshakable confidence is very attractive (not just sexually, but on a social level).

Edited by zurew

@Carl-Richard

4 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

MrGirl's point is much more subtle than that. The sexual stuff is just a sub-category of the larger problem he has been addressing since day one: the power differential, of Destiny being his boss, of him having his career in his hands. Destiny is a powerful person, and by just a subtle twist of the frame, he can destroy a person's life and look virtuous while doing it. It's not unique to him, but he is a particularly notorious example of it, because his shtick is debate. In reality, it's power abuse.

Agree that Destiny is a powerful person only as an online game streamer and debater, luckily, until he starts to extend his power more to other contexts outside streaming, maybe into politics or other fields. What's scary, whatever type of Narcissist you are, all Narcissists will keep on striving for more success and more attention and more power, and society rewards Narcissists especially sociopaths and psychopaths who can handle external pressures and are high performers with high positions in society like politicians, CEOs of companies, and so on, creating an asymmetric power dynamic between the few with power and the many who don't or have varied levels of power. Combine that with fake empathy and genuine lack of empathy but outwardly appearing understanding to those people, they are dangerous to deal with as sometimes you can't tell if they're lying.

Oh god, after I realized MrGirl is basically a narcissist, I've started thinking everybody is a narcissist :/

Masturbation is absolutely vile.  The idea that a man would masturbate during the holy month no-nut November is so offensive that it makes angels cry.

Oh and Destiny needs to get a high and tight hair cut and stop dressing like he's 22.  

Edited by Heart of Space