alyra

Cuddling??

21 posts in this topic

do you cuddle? do you like cuddling? does cuddling relate to self-actualization? does that matter? what is cuddling like? (I don't currently have opportunities to go out and find out for myself - so I'm interested in the thoughts of those of you that do)

the few times friends in the past have been all "let's cuddle" I just didn't. I was too nervous lol. so I've always wondered - is cuddling really so exciting? if only I had opportunities now to find out. sorry if this question is kind of - "only you can know silly, go find out" I would if I could. right now I just don't have social skills xD it'll be several years before I can find out- that is, if I prioritize being social xD

17 minutes ago, aryberry said:

right now I just don't have social skills xD it'll be several years before I can find out- that is, if I prioritize being social xD

If it isn't a priority, why do you want to know ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

'cause I'm on another forum where everyone loves cuddles. so it's talked about a lot. xD

I personally don't like to cuddle with other person. I just don't find human touch comfortable, however I like to cuddle animals and touch them all day long. Especially cats and mice and all that soft furry cute stuff. The only people I ever cuddled with were my ex girlfriends and even then it was only 50% nice and 50% pretty annoying.

Here's my key; Philosophy. A freak like me just needs Infinity.

Cute. :$ I like touching male body and being touched. Especially on some sensitive spots such as back, hair and palms. I think it bonds people emotionally, because you usually talk during it and feel somehow closer than laying two meters away from each other and not touching. It just makes me calmer and simply feels good. :)

Edited by clytaemnestra
typo

there was one time when I said I needed touch because it was proof that the other person existed. but that was when I was younger. I wonder if that same kind of feedback would still happen for me, despite my enlightened perspective regarding that question of existence. (this was referring to, light touch during a conversation - not cuddling, specifically. I also do not know if it is the same as cuddling. wait - ) I guess, that my assumption that I'd find cuddlign to be boring/annoying actually, is not based on intuition, my mistake! it is based on the logical mind. not necessarily a false assumption - but as was referred to by @Shin, my intuition is pushing me towards the idea of cuddling, even if on a level that isn't very strong. 

(I may be a person naturally inclined for intuition, but I'm untrained in the area regardless, lol.)

naturally, I do not "know" now what cuddling is like and cannot "know" without direct experience. but - 

hm, I dunno what to say next. 

the question really goes deeper than I'm willing to discuss. thanks for the input (and I am happy to accept any more input too if people find the topic and wish to post still)

On 2/21/2017 at 0:54 PM, aryberry said:

do you cuddle? do you like cuddling? does cuddling relate to self-actualization? does that matter? what is cuddling like? (I don't currently have opportunities to go out and find out for myself - so I'm interested in the thoughts of those of you that do)

Absolutely! That's one of my 5 love languages. Not only do I like to cuddle with a girlfriend but I also have a 6 year old daughter that I love to cuddle with. I have to get my cuddling in now with her because I know that it will soon end.

Some people (men and women) dont like to cuddle and thats fine. I dont think it has anything to do with actualization.

@aryberry

On 2/21/2017 at 0:54 PM, aryberry said:

the few times friends in the past have been all "let's cuddle" I just didn't. I was too nervous lol. so I've always wondered - is cuddling really so exciting? if only I had opportunities now to find out. sorry if this question is kind of - "only you can know silly, go find out" I would if I could. right now I just don't have social skills xD it'll be several years before I can find out- that is, if I prioritize being social xD

cuddling is awesome and has health benefits! :)

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/10-surprising-benefits-cuddling-that-make-you-want-cuddle-someone-now.html

1. Cuddling releases oxytocin.

Oxytocin is a hormone that does everything from making you feel good to helping you feel connected to others. Oxytocin is crucial in the act of cuddling, as you’ll see from its benefits popping up in the list below.

2. Cuddling boosts your immune system.

When you’re so in love you feel invincible, you’re experiencing oxytocin release. This feel-good hormone makes you feel like nothing can hurt you—which is an amazing benefit! It also increases hormones that help fight infection. So, basically, you’re boosting your immune system because you’re feeling too good and healthy to get sick. The power of positive thinking—and feeling loved and secure—actually works!

3. Cuddling relieves pain.

Just as it boosts your immune system, cuddling and releasing oxytocin will decrease your pain levels. Whenever your neck hurts, what do you do? Rub it, right? Even simple touches like that release enough oxytocin to make you feel better, so imagine the effect cuddling has!

4. Cuddling helps deepen your relationships.

Communication is important in relationships, but people often forget how effective and meaningful touch can be. When your career is so stressful you come home and can’t stop thinking about the job, you’re taking a negative toll on your relationship. Instead, imagine coming home and cuddling with your partner for even ten minutes a day. This brief break from the stress of everyday life will not only give you all the other benefits listed here, but will also deepen your relationship. You’ll be taking time to focus solely on your partner and what you feel for them.

5. Cuddling can lead to more.

Even non-erotic touch can release dopamine, which is a hormone that increases sexual desire. Getting a sweet hug or massage from your partner after a long day can lead to more, which is win-win for both of you! Regular sexual activity will strengthen your relationship as well. Also, sex is a good stress reliever, and an easy way to get in some physical activity.

6. Cuddling helps women bond.

Have you heard the term “oxytocin” in relation to childbirth and breastfeeding? It’s because this chemical doesn’t just inspire good feelings between couples—it also works for women and their babies. Oxytocin helps relax the mother, so that breastfeeding may come more easily. It also enables sleep, even when the mother might have difficulty sleeping with a newborn in the house.

6. Cuddling helps women bond.

Have you heard the term “oxytocin” in relation to childbirth and breastfeeding? It’s because this chemical doesn’t just inspire good feelings between couples—it also works for women and their babies. Oxytocin helps relax the mother, so that breastfeeding may come more easily. It also enables sleep, even when the mother might have difficulty sleeping with a newborn in the house.

7. Cuddling reduces social anxiety.

Oxytocin inspires positive thinking. It helps you have an optimistic outlook on the world. Which means when you get a hug right as you arrive at the party where you only know one person, you’re going to feel happier and more social going in. You’ll feel like you can charm everyone at the party. And with oxytocin coursing through your system, you will!

8. Cuddling reduces stress.

It’s obvious by now, right? Oxytocin is an amazing natural hormone that has so many benefits for the human body. It’s only natural that all these positive effects are going to release stress, also. You’re feeling more connected with your partner, you’re feeling confident in social situations, your immune system is stronger—what do you have to be stressed about? You have a great, cuddle-filled, loving life. Enjoy it!

9. Cuddling lowers your risk of heart disease.

Yup—oxytocin again! All the benefits listed above add together to mean less stress, less anxiety, lower blood pressure and—you got it—a lower risk of heart disease! Because your heart is happier and not working as hard to combat the effects of stress and sickness, you’ll be healthier, longer.

10. Cuddling doesn’t have a definition.

Cuddling doesn’t have to be between you and your romantic partner. It doesn’t even have to be with another person—you can rub your own shoulders! You can also hug friends or play with your pets. If you don’t want to be social or don’t have a furry friend, never fear! You can take a warm bath or get a massage. Feeling warm and connected by some sort of touch is enough to release oxytocin into your system and get you feelin’ good!

@aryberry
http://thesnugglebuddies.com/faq/

12. Is snuggling a therapy?

It is considered to be an alternative therapy labeled as touch therapy. It is also synonymous with the phrases, professional cuddling and professional snuggling. Read about the health benefits of touch therapy

The Benefits of Touch Therapy

Do you find yourself depressed at times? Do you ever feel lonely and wish that you could just talk to someone that would genuinely listen? Do you find yourself suffering from stress, anxiety, or sleep loss? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you are not alone. Many people lack the companionship they want or need in their everyday life.

It has been found that people, especially in the United States, have higher rates of depression and aggression compared to most other countries. This could be due to our fast-paced lifestyles, or our mentality of constantly telling ourselves that we just don’t have time. We seem to forget that in order to boost our own morale we need to make time for human interaction. Studies have shown that the lack of human touch is an enormous factor towards causing depression. Platonic human touch releases oxytocin (chemical in our brains), which is why touch therapy and professional cuddling services have been so successful. Oxytocin has a major role in lowering blood pressure, lowering stress levels, reducing social anxiety, helping to relieve pain, and protecting against inflammation, which is said to make us age faster! Snuggling is an extremely important part of life that is considerably undervalued. It helps us grow mentally and physically because of the chemical changes it causes in the body.

Human beings thrive on contact. The Snuggle Buddies, an alternative therapy company specializing in professional snuggling, was created with the sole purpose to help relieve everyday stress, depression, and anxiety by the simple act of human interaction. Whether it’s through cuddling, or conversing, we feel that all individuals deserve to experience happiness. Below is a comprehensive list of the benefits that occur from snuggling, which are caused by its ability to release oxytocin, dopamine, serotonin, and inhibit cortisol.

List of Benefits

Decreased stress and increased relaxation

Lessened depression

Lessened anxiety and social anxiety

Improved social skills

Improved self-esteem Improved sleep

Lowered blood pressure and heart rate

Reduced risk of heart disease

Improved immune system and faster recovery

Protection against inflammation and oxidative
stress

Pain relief and raised pain threshold

Reduced drug cravings

Lessened PTSD

http://time.com/504/how-cuddling-saves-tiny-babies/

"Every mammal has to be cuddled and in close proximity with its mother in the first days and weeks of life," says Feldman. "This builds up the bodily systems that are sensitive to a physical presence." In human preemies, Feldman says, the need is especially acute. "We think of prematurity as a proxy for maternal denial, since babies are outside the womb and away from their mothers for months."

The Cuddle Sutra Book :)

http://uonlgbt.weebly.com/uploads/1/2/3/1/12319249/35078612-the-cuddle-sutra.pdf

it's eh. kind of annoying. they are always moving - and when I lean over to pet them, they are surprised. or they jump onto me or ask me for attention, and i am surprised. it doesn't feel like a consensual situation. I do not understand why people love pets so much - it is an abusive relationship at its finest. what is the name? Stockholm syndrome. 

Cuddling?  Sometimes, but I prefer to be the big spoon.
Rarely... shy person.

Nice though when it does and feel comfortable enough to sit with it.

@aryberry Cuddling is amazing, but only if it is comfortable, mutually desired/ respectful, etc... Yes, animals like kitties are great to cuddle too, you can start there.... There is something "more" to the cuddle connection with other people...your kids, etc too....@DJ don't stop cuddling your child because of society...maybe if it gets too "uncool" for her as a teen....but please not because of perceived external judgement:) Cuddling and actualization?...same as all affection...must be interdependent snuggles...to be on actualizing path...What is it like? See @Peace and Love's post...they make vests that simulate cuddles as therapy, because it feels so calming, blissful, and rad!

OMG I just met the most beautiful interesting man and all I can think about is cuddling and it makes me so nervous.  I totally deserve to let this unfold.  And I totally deserve to acknowledge and express my boundaries!  OMG OMG OMG... so excited! And I'm so not being attached because I know I'll be okay and learn a lot about myself even if nothing ever happens! <3<3<3