at_anchor

Pros of suicide

75 posts in this topic

@RMQualtrough Hahahaha, his life was way away from any potential to heal

I'm personally sitting here wondering how good it must be to no longer exist, I am done, at this moment I would love it all to go away and I simply fade into the background until I no longer exist - For the most part I geniuinely hate life and I cringe at the obstacles I am forced to face

On 2022. 10. 13. at 4:09 PM, at_anchor said:

What is the downside? It looks like Karma is becoming a new God fearing symbol that punishes the bad.

What if life is unbearable from chronic illiness caused by somethig and people problems?

If there even is such a thing as a self that suffers the consequences of suicide, wouldn't you have already paid the Karmic debt in this life to some extent?

Why not just go in circles until Earth grows to a high enough stage of spiral development and then you don't have to suffer as much anymore? 

The thing is you don't know, and you have to accept that. It might be the case, that it would have much more upside than downside, or the opposite, but you don't know that, so you are committing yourself to the unknown.

Maybe there is such a thing as reincarnation, maybe there isn't. Even if there is such a thing as reincarnation, why would it be guaranteed that your next life would contain less suffering than the previous one?

There are many other assumption baked into your questions. Why would you assume, that if there is such a thing as reincarnation, that you would only reincarnate to Earth, or that you would only reincarnate as a human, or that your suicide won't have any karmic consequences?

@zurew it is not just about my suffering. It gets transfered onto others who are good just by them looking at me or being near me. Yeah, I don't think I am more damaging than anyone else, I'm even less damaging, but I'm still worthless in this world and damaging.

I also cause damage to bugs and animals sometimes just by staying alive. So I just cause damage to myself and others and I basically have no reason to live. Myabe suicide is much better Karma, but okaY, whatever, I will continue to live in this terrible body and house and do the best I know, but it is not gonna be  good enough, ever.

I think I might be poisoned or something, but will not be able to test that in the next ten or twenty years.

So the pros of suicide are sometimes that you actually help a lot of other beings by dying and you make them happier. 

Edited by at_anchor

@at_anchor 

What happens if you collect all the money you can, go to a city that is attractive to you, look for a cheap room and try to make a living for a few months? you will see in a week or two your mind begins to be cleaner

On 2022-10-14 at 8:03 PM, zurew said:

Even if there is such a thing as reincarnation, why would it be guaranteed that your next life would contain less suffering than the previous one?

There are many other assumptions baked into your questions..

Just a little thing which I noticed..

You seem to assume that after death there is a "next" and "previous".

I'm not so sure about that, because time and space aren't fundamental (even the spearhead modern science says that).

Maybe time and space is just "a layer infront of your eyes".

But I could of course be wrong. It's just a thought.

On 10/3/2022 at 10:04 AM, at_anchor said:

I'm not gonna commit suicide but I have to ask what the pros are, cause although I don't believe in the Church, sometimes I do fear Karma and even Jesus, but can't believe in that for sure. But sometimes you just gotta go. Is there anything positive that could be said of suicide?

Contemplating death and suicide with curiosity can actually be incredibly life transforming/affirming... 

Pros could be:

You would then know what it was like to experience death (though you are also able to have this experience while alive, so killing yourself is unnecessary) 

The past would be gone, there would be no need to worry about the future, you would be elevated of all caring, for there would be no you to care. Your family, friends, all ideas of the world, ideas of Karma or Jesus, who you are, all attachments... gone.

Taking off the identity (ego) you are manufacturing/maintaining. 

You can reach/practice this state while "alive" (if you so choose to lable yourself as such) so again suicide is unnessesary.... 

(Death)..." slices through every lie, ridicules every belief, mocks every vanity and reduces ego to absurdity. He is sitting with you right now. If you want to know something, ask him. Death doesn't lie." -Jed McKenna 

Also maybe you aren't afraid of dying, but are terrified to actually LIVE.  

Life works in mysterious ways, you never know what's going to happen, who you'll meet, what serendipity will come your way... The curiosity keeps me here. 

"Good", "bad" whatever you want to lable this moment, and even though it may be absolutely meaningless... holy cow, it's a fucking miracle. Great entertainment for conciousness. 

Sending you all the love and the biggest hug. Take care :)

Edited by taslimitless
Misspelling

I think you shouldn't commit suicide, you have to keep trying. But having said that, I think that not committing suicide in case this has consequences in reincarnations, is a meaningless story. If you kill yourself, it's because you were here to kill yourself. but since we are here, let's accept the challenge. the challenge is to be present and absolutely happy in a hospital with terminal cancer, in a nursing home, in a Nazi death camp. Let's try to play the game, it is exciting and it is possible to finish it successfully, and if it doesn't happen, we are trying. Suicide is cowardly. you have to keep playing. But if you're not going to play and you're going to be complaining, it seems better to opt for suicide

The thing is you are not the only one. Sometimes misfortune befalls people at random and there is nothing we can do about it. Some are born retarded some disabled, some have dementia predispositions in young age. For example I was so severely traumatized I developed dementia in my 34 years of age and even made a whole website about my life story. I'm searching the internet and have yet to find a person that has the same symptoms of cognitive decline. But suicide I feel is still not the answer because much of what happen to me wasn't my fault, and we cant just erase people that are in undesirable circumstances. And just help them commit mass suicide. No ,this is also part of reality and it probably has some purpose. The very existence of these misfortunes where people end up with no fault of their own reduces the glory of life on its positive side. Just a part of every success, bliss or wellbeing is reduced because random misfortune exists and god has no favorites. So the truth of what is normal is in part diminished and in all suffering their is a glimmer of divine mercy and reality. 

I was born an African American male. 
I’ve been through modern racism (ain’t that bad honestly)

I was molested as a child. My mom died when I was 4. I never met my father. My family was toxic and did not want me. My family forced me to fight smaller kids when I was growing up. I grew up depressed, lonely, fatigued, and felt like I had something to prove. I’ve attempted suicide twice. 

Once, with pills (I was young and dumb lmao)

Where I’m going with this, I am a top 10% earner in the black community, I know 12 programming languages, I read 8 books or so a month, and I have a baller wife. 

You can turn it around. But do you want to?  Read my past posts lol. I used to work at WALMART. I would Uber half way through town every day. I made no money. I had maybe $100 to myself each pay day. Life is hard man. This ain’t Jay Z and Beyoncé brunch. We struggle out here.  Gotta be stronger. How? Don’t know man. It’s inside you. Gotta fish it out. 

what I personally recommend? Take Leo’s course. Can’t afford it? Figure out a way to buy it. Changed my life. Maybe it’ll help you. Good luck. 

Edited by jivvie

I’ve been doing rather well lately however tonight I’m revisited by suicidal thoughts. I don’t really like where my life is, I’m getting older, debt Fromm this marketing course I regret, tinnitus, disorganized anxious avoidant attachment style…

I sometimes just feel like I can’t escape this survival loop. I don’t really want to go to work again, I don’t really want to take the bus… I’d like to be a full time musician with enough money to do what I want when I want. But, that seems impossible. I know life is hard for so many. But, I wanted more out of life.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

40 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I’ve been doing rather well lately however tonight I’m revisited by suicidal thoughts. I don’t really like where my life is, I’m getting older, debt Fromm this marketing course I regret, tinnitus, disorganized anxious avoidant attachment style…

I sometimes just feel like I can’t escape this survival loop. I don’t really want to go to work again, I don’t really want to take the bus… I’d like to be a full time musician with enough money to do what I want when I want. But, that seems impossible. I know life is hard for so many. But, I wanted more out of life.

It's not impossible, it's just challenging. Which is okay. It's okay to be sad... but it's a bit extreme to think about ending your life. Maybe instead of thinking about all the terrible parts of your life... trying focusing your attention on all the blessings. 

I've also gone into debt from marketing courses that turned out to be shit... I have eczema which is a really obnoxious chronic skin rash with pretty much no cure... I constantly get into fights with my girlfriend... I'm also getting older...

But I've never had a suicidal thought before... 

Because whenever my life seems hopeless...

I just re-focus my attention on WHAT IS GOING WELL as opposed to what isn't.

Idk what to say... but thinking about killing yourself is NOT a normal coping mechanism. Don't normalize it.

Life is fucking beautiful. Your "survival loop" is nothing more than a state of consciousness. You thinking that your "survival loop" is dependent on external circumstances is the main blunder here.

Don't see survival as a burden... see it as an opportunity to grow!

You can appreciate the abundance and beauty of life even when you have less than 0 dollars in your bank account.

Just the fact that you exist at all is a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suicidal thoughts are coming from the sense of "craving for emptiness."

Since it's still a craving thought... acting upon it won't liberate you.

The only way to be free from suffering is to be free in suffering.

Read that again.

Send me a direct message if you ever need somebody to talk to! You're not alone! <3

Reconnect to your Source. Just sit and stare at the wall for a bit... let your mind torment you. It isn't yours.

Edited by Adam M

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<