The Mystical Man

Why is America Great?

16 posts in this topic

I'm not talking about American politics. I'm talking about American entertainment: the greatest movies, shows, games, and books are produced in America. Even many of the great spiritual teachers are American: Adyashanti, Jed McKenna, Dr. Hawkins. Why does America produce so many great people? It can't be just the economic power of the nation, because Germany is one of the wealthiest countries in the world, but we didn't manage to make one great movie. Many people love "Dark", but, in my opinion, it's not good enough. It's too German, and as long as something is produced in Germany, it can't escape its Germanness. American culture values greatness, and it knows how to consistently produce greatness.

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

All the most innovative people in the world moved to America over the last 100 years.

Countries experienced a brain-drain.

Germany is a good example. All the best Nazi scientists moved to the US and worked for NASA and the A-bomb project.

And consider me. If Russia had a decent political environment then I could have stayed in Russia and been counted as one of theirs. But the brain-drain brought me to America.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Mostly capitalism and stage Orange greed. 

You throw some money, you will get creativity. 

Also too much ballyhoo, hype, advertising, puffery outcompeting any genuinely good production from other countries. 

American ethos are primarily focused on outcompeting for survival. 

It's not like other countries can't do better, they simply lack a mega budget. 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

It’s a matter of your personal preferences.  In my opinion, Hollywood movies are shallow trash and foreign countries are producing superior content.   I’m also not impressed by most of the American spiritual teachers.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

I'd say the foundation in freedom made greatness possible. Alot of cultures that have strong cultural values in general, are also alot more surpressed in expressing themselves in various ways. That can makes it harder if not impossible sometimes to bring about any new changes to be listened to. Unless the ideas are undeniably surperior changes that are already in use and provable by more developed countrys. Things like computers and cellphones are changes that are easier to come across as a net positive.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

All the most innovative people in the world moved to America over the last 100 years.

Germany is a good example. All the best Nazi scientists moved to the US and worked for NASA and the A-bomb project.

And consider me. If Russia had a decent political environment then I could have stayed in Russia and been counted as one of theirs. But the brain-drain brought me to America.

I can confirm that. 

I work as a Scientist in a pharmaceutical company (mostly biopharma) in europe and most great innovations come from our manufacturing complexes/R&D departements in USA even though the headquarters and biggest R&D and manufacturing facilities are in our country.

Leo do you think that ambitious people who strive for innovation should try their luck in USA, simply for environmental benefits (smart people around you etc)?

11 minutes ago, Tahuti said:

I had a dream everyone ganged up on me on this forum telling me how much they hated me for my arguments. It was insane. 

Are you feeling okay though? 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, they'd probably jail you very quick, which is sad

7 minutes ago, Tahuti said:

It was insane. I woke up breathing heavy.

Everyone on here basically said to me to stop sounding like I know what I'm typing about. Only Leo can do that without receiving any backlash. If you know what you are talking about you must pretend to not as to prevent "being spoken down to". 

It was scary tbh. How people group together and pretend to show love, then show relative-love(hate). It Showed me group think at its finest. 

We all must stay weary of this and to not do it to others. ? 

I agree. I am glad you are feeling better now. 

♡✸♡.

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Albert Einstein left Germany. Hans Zimmer left Germany. Eckhart Tolle left Germany. Almost no one who stays in Germany achieves greatness.

17 hours ago, Tyler Robinson said:

It's not like other countries can't do better, they simply lack a mega budget. 

Money does play a role. For example, Harry Potter originated in the UK, but without Warner Bros. it wouldn't be the billion dollar franchise that it is today.

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

2 hours ago, Tahuti said:

I had a dream everyone ganged up on me on this forum telling me how much they hated me for my arguments. It was insane. 

I think you are clairvoyant, because that's what you're heading toward.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

2 minutes ago, Tahuti said:

I looked through your posts. Seems like they already have done that to you on many occasions. Kinda sad actually. ? #cultpsychology

I think we can be done with this. Thanks. 

♡✸♡.

6 minutes ago, Tahuti said:

No, a Siddha. 

Good one.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

America is the largest mixing pot in human history. We literally have almost every demographic known to man. Its surprising how we even get along with all the differences we have and we keep creating more differences.

It would be more apt to call us the Divided States of America as we are only unified on the National Level by one Central Government but our day to day functions are more state and city/county based. Each State actually functions both in scope, physical and economic size like a country that sends its proceeds to one National Government. What makes us STATES is the American Constitution, without that we would be separate entities fighting for survival.

So its the diversity of America that makes us produce such great content, in fact, most of the greatest content in America is born from suffering. The whole concept of cool, is glorifying violence, and suffering and singing/acting it out.

Its why I keep telling people on this forum...you love suffering, as long as its someone else lol. But on a deep level your own personal suffering is dear to you as well, because it defines your story and your personal ego/identity.

The best art to people tends to revolve around suffering. 

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=rapping+about+suffering

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Passion+of+the+Christ

Ever notice how people don't resonate with people saying everything is love etc? 

They are so stuck in their head they only want to look at things that align with their personal experience. So people believe the best movies are about going through tough times and finding a way forward. They look to these outlets to alleviate their suffering or inspire hope within them. 

Some...just like a good adventure and are along for the ride.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

On 9/7/2022 at 6:18 AM, Jodistrict said:

It’s a matter of your personal preferences.  In my opinion, Hollywood movies are shallow trash and foreign countries are producing superior content.   I’m also not impressed by most of the American spiritual teachers.  

I disagree. Obviously, not everything that comes from America is great, but if you can't see that American productions are generally better than the productions of other countries, then you have bad taste. Where does a great novel like Moby-Dick come from? Where does a great show like The Sopranos come from? Where does a great movie like The Shawshank Redemption come from? Where are great companies like Pixar and Naughty Dog based? Other countries are not even close to that standard of quality. Perhaps you're too close to American culture to appreciate its greatness. 

The only German achievement that I admire is Süskind's Perfume. That's a great novel. 

"Downfall" might be Germany's best movie, and, of course, it's about Hitler. Great performance by Bruno Ganz, though.

I think the country's history plays a role as well. There is a dark energy in Germany, and that energy doesn't foster the creation of great works of art. Adyashanti talks about that dark energy here:

I felt that change of energy, too, when I was a kid. Whenever we came back from Turkey, it was like returning into a dark cloud, and I felt sad. Germany has a dark atmosphere, and you don't have to know its history to sense that darkness. America was a blank slate.

On 9/7/2022 at 10:37 AM, Nilsi said:

I think you are clairvoyant, because that's what you're heading toward.

I really think I am falling for your clever comedy lol. You are probably hilarious in person, the person that says the funny thing at the right time. Hahahaha 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.