TheSelf

The truth about the past

74 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@m0hsen it doesn't even exist if you are not conscious of it right now.   And even then it exists as a thought in your mind.  But that's the freaky thing about reality.   Everything is consciousness- there is nothing outside of consciousness.   So if you aren't conscious of it, it doesn't even exist.   Now you may ask - if it doesn't exist how can the story seem so fluid - i.e. you look at the moon but then look away and think about something else.   (Moon no longer exists)  you then look back and it's there - slightly changed from before.   But how If it didn't exist?  Well that's because infinity does not need anything happening in the background.   It can manifest entire universes instantaneously- it does not need any type of grounding.  It's really rather astounding you just have to watch that it doesn't lead to nihilism because it leads to the realization  that things only exist and have meaning if you imagine them to.

To the question did it happen?  The present moment is actually eternal and unchanging so everything is imagination.   Even saying it happened is you imagining it happened.   It's a massive mind fuck 

This is so damn radical...

How this can be integrated in day to day life since consciousness working hard to support the game and the illusion especially through others?

Like when you only hear someone speaking to you in another room and not seeing him or her, are you highly conscious that that voice is all that there's and there's no person who is doing the act of speaking and so that that's why you can hear it? Like literally!?

43 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

This is so damn radical...

How this can be integrated in day to day life since consciousness working hard to support the game and the illusion especially through others?

Like when you only hear someone speaking to you in another room and not seeing him or her, are you highly conscious that that voice is all that there's and there's no person who is doing the act of speaking and so that that's why you can hear it? Like literally!?

If you stayed conscious of this stuff all the time you couldn't function in society.   Functioning period is being IN the dream and thus lost in it.   That's why Leo was saying in the other thread that socializing (which is basically being lost in the dream - makes you less conscious.  (Not less intelligent and he should have clarified that).  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

If you stayed conscious of this stuff all the time you couldn't function in society.   Functioning period is being IN the dream and thus lost in it.   That's why Leo was saying in the other thread that socializing (which is basically being lost in the dream - makes you less conscious.  (Not less intelligent).  

you can function perfectly with a permanent open door to infinity, being conciouss in real time of what reality is, of what you are. in fact it is the only satisfactory way to live. That's why it's called truth, because everything else is a lie, and any lie, no matter how small, is suffering. It's nothing special, it's just reality. settling for less is misery

16 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

you can function perfectly with a permanent open door to infinity, being conciouss in real time of what reality is, of what you are. in fact it is the only satisfactory way to live. That's why it's called truth, because everything else is a lie, and any lie, no matter how small, is suffering. It's nothing special, it's just reality. settling for less is misery

Well of course, you are not the average Joe...and frankly you spend most of your time here socializing with us :)

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

Dude! This is literally your direct experience! Can you experience the past? No! you can only believe in your thoughts regarding past experiences! So if you drunk a glass of water a few moments ago, that actually didn't happen, you can only believe the thought which suggests it happened. I know this is so damn radical, but consider the possiblity that this actually might be the truth.

Of course I've considered this as the truth and had it as my direct experience. But it's not true. Consciousness, infinitely, is capable of imagining multiple moments/experiences of time even if you as a finite entity bound by memory have trouble visualizing that. It is my direct experience that the past is completely vivid and real, then fades, that the present is completely vivid and real, then fades into the future. Nonlinearly this makes complete sense, and it actually happens---because Consciousness' infinite capability may imagine this. Though it has to occur moment by moment where each one only seems real as an experience. Once people realize their experience as eternal, they lose conceptual access to the other experiences and come with ideas like "death isn't real" or "now if the only thing that's real" or solipsism and such. But all these ideas are wrong, because Consciousness is so much more.

1 minute ago, JoeVolcano said:

Lol, even what you call the present isn't real. So when the present becomes the past, at what point would it become real...

What's an appearance that doesn't appear...

Yes - that's correct.   To realize you are the present moment is to become God.  It is to become the present moment.  At that point you aren't thinking about it - you are it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, m0hsen said:

don't tell me that you are fully integrated this truth because of course in your day to day life you do and act based on the thoughts you have about the past.

So much projection here. The correct use is, I haven't integrated it. You cannot speak for anyone else.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

I'm not sure I understand the question?

@Inliytened1 Are you defining conscious of to be what our human awareness and perceptions are perceiving? 

Just now, Matthew85 said:

@Inliytened1 Are you defining conscious of to be what our human awareness and perceptions are perceiving? 

No.  Consciousness can never be defined like that.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

13 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

No.  Consciousness can never be defined like that.  

@Inliytened1 I agree. 

I feel it's a mistake to believe things only exist when our human perceptions are aware of them. If this was true, you could never experience anything new. You also could never be affected by anything you didn't have conscious awareness of. I can think of endless examples of experiences I've had that I had no conscious awareness of prior. I'm not sure your moon example is correct. 

1 minute ago, Matthew85 said:

@Inliytened1 I agree. 

I feel it's a mistake to believe things only exist when our human perceptions are aware of them. If this was true, you could never experience anything new. You also could never be affected by anything you didn't have conscious awareness of. I can think of endless examples of experiences I've had that I had no conscious awareness of prior. I'm not sure your moon example is correct. 

It isn't your finite mind that is manifesting the universe it is your Infinite Mind.  It's like a dream you are having at night and you are playing a finite character.   You are both the character and the Dreamer and the creator of the universe.   Yet you don't know how you are doing it.  Science calls it your subconscious mind as if it's doing something in the background.   But what if it's mystical.  What if its infinity creating the dream and all of its detail and depth on the fly.   And there is no subconscious mind in the background.  There is only infinity.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Imagine this moment what are you doing right now. This moment is the only thing to ever have existed. Everything before is a story you are making up. Then go grocery shopping. Fill your fridge up then sit in the exact same spot. You never left your house the 30 minutes prior is just a story you made up you never moved. Life exists on one frame. Every night before you go to bed. Think about the day what happened all the weird shit. Let it go it never happened you are imagining life.

Edited by Hojo

@Inliytened1 I agree. That is why I feel it isn't correct to say when you look away from the moon it doesn't exist. It is not the finite mind that is creating the moon. 

11 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Inliytened1 I agree. That is why I feel it isn't correct to say when you look away from the moon it doesn't exist. It is not the finite mind that is creating the moon. 

Finite and Infinite are identical.  It doesn't happen in separate places that's the mindfuck.   It's just as a finite being you are conscious of what you are conscious of full stop.   Where does infinity exist when you are finite ? Within you.  Nowhere.  It is finite.   That's why when you forget you are God you stop.being God.  There is no God behind the scenes still pulling the strings.   It's not required.  There is zero behind the scenes.  The whole concept of "behind the scenes" is imagined.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Well of course, you are not the average Joe...and frankly you spend most of your time here socializing with us :)

Hah! And? Give me some fresh food. you only bring canned food to the table. 

Just now, Hojo said:

@Inliytened1 so is in front of the scenes. So where is it

Space is just as imaginary as time.   Behind the scenes assumes space exists.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

There is no God behind the scenes still pulling the strings.   It's not required.  There is zero behind the scenes.  The whole concept of "behind the scenes" is imagined.

@Inliytened1 This may be true but our experience of it is if there is. For example, you have no awareness of what you will dream tonight when you fall asleep. You will find yourself in a landscape and be taken along whatever the narrative is that is being constructed for you. So you can say there is no behind the scenes, but our experience is that there is. 

3 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Inliytened1 This may be true but our experience of it is if there is. For example, you have no awareness of what you will dream tonight when you fall asleep. You will find yourself in a landscape and be taken along whatever the narrative is that is being constructed for you. So you can say there is no behind the scenes, but our experience is that there is. 

Ummm Matthew to experience behind the scenes....you would have to be behind the scenes. I can't see behind the scenes footage of a movie....unless I experience it.

This will scare you....but what God is....is an eternal happening.

You know your organs just happen...cell division just happens, your heart beat just happens, the weather just happens...that is what God is...it just happens. Its pure freaking magic.

All labels are delusion, all explanations are illusion, it just happens. You cannot comprehend it...it just happens. 

This when you realize...you aren't a self...you are just a happening...that disguises itself as a self using an inner narrator who you think is you, you have physical sensations, and emotional sensations, that feel real, you believe you can be in danger and die and this fools you completely.

The truth is....you have a first person perspective to an eternal happening....the end. You are not a person, you are just sight, or no sight if you are blind, that has either a screen of vison or black screen if you are blind, that is just experiencing sensations. But all of it is you. There are no distinctions no seperation everything around you is just you....logic is imaginary, labels are imaginary, you cannot describe what is happening, you made up descriptions to have a life. There is just present moment happening...for eternity. This is God. The End.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.