Space

A.I. Art Is Destroying My Life Purpose

436 posts in this topic

@Girzo

3 hours ago, Girzo said:

@illusory The appeal to currently existing laws is not a proper argument for such philosophical questions. The laws are made for various reasons, and I am 100% sure these particular ones have not been made with "philosophically determining who is the artist" in mind. Copyright laws have been made to protect financial interests of companies, because we live in capitalism. Adobe could add a pragraph like you describe to their products, if they were lunatics. Would that mean people using Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign are not artists anymore?

He was more focused on the practical costs of letting the A.I. do most of the artwork for you, rather than any metaphysical, epistemic or philosophical views of A.I. art.

Just Imagine an A.I programs taking over your job and career, how would you feel and think? How would you survive going forward, after sinking in several years of training for that specific role?

@Danioover9000 I’ll do what I want. 

“You are a good photographer “ 

“No you are not, it’s a nice camera”

“You are a good painter”

”No you are not it’s a nice set of paints and brushes”

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

To me the artist is the one with the vision, 

How they makes it is just a means to an end

the end being the creation and realization of their vision. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

19 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Just Imagine an A.I programs taking over your job and career, how would you feel and think? How would you survive going forward, after sinking in several years of training for that specific role?

Very good. I have been doing typesetting for a while and I think it's a shame there isn't an AI already doing that automatically well enough. Amazon has tried to make that for Kindle, and I don't know if they succeeded already. Maybe there is one in 2022, dunno.

It's better for all book readers. I don't fucking care about sitting all day in InDesign with a coffee, there are many other valuable things I can do in my life.

People using the same arguments as people who have been arguing against industrialization 100 years ago. Humanity has had this conversation thousand times already. Guess who repeatedly won the debate?

I’m hoping an age of humans having free time being a norm 

◭"89"

@Girzo

48 minutes ago, Girzo said:

Very good. I have been doing typesetting for a while and I think it's a shame there isn't an AI already doing that automatically well enough. Amazon has tried to make that for Kindle, and I don't know if they succeeded already. Maybe there is one in 2022, dunno.

It's better for all book readers. I don't fucking care about sitting all day in InDesign with a coffee, there are many other valuable things I can do in my life.

46 minutes ago, Girzo said:

People using the same arguments as people who have been arguing against industrialization 100 years ago. Humanity has had this conversation thousand times already. Guess who repeatedly won the debate?

Then you ultimately are not passionate about the work you are doing or are obfuscating my proposed scenario or misunderstood my point intentionally. For someone who is extremely passionate about making stories and the writing process, for example, the last thing the person wants is something stealing their purpose away from them, stealing away their ability to create stories or take away the process of the writing, regardless of if it ultimately makes life easier for them. Another is people into fighting and martial arts, they will not stand for robots taking away what they are really passionate about. Same with music makers, same with other fields, provided that the field is their strongest point of passion. There are those with a higher standard for work ethic and purpose and would not tolerate too much use of the A.I. replacing what is really important.

If you don't feel strongly compelled to defend your LP from being taken away, then it's not your LP.

@Thought Art

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

@Danioover9000 I’ll do what I want. 

“You are a good photographer “ 

“No you are not, it’s a nice camera”

“You are a good painter”

”No you are not it’s a nice set of paints and brushes”

Okay.

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

To me the artist is the one with the vision, 

How they makes it is just a means to an end

the end being the creation and realization of their vision. 

Consider the A.I. program evolves fast enough to obfuscate your ability to construct visions, and to receive higher forms of intelligence, wisdom and worldly purpose. See how your lower self would rather use A.I. programs to do almost everything in your life, and how much boring and lazy it would make you feel in the end. Does it bother you a bit?

If it isn't obvious, I am for regulation of technology, the internet and against many forms of misuse of all the technologies, including A.I. and how A.I. programs are slowly to quickly taking over human jobs. We still are increasing human population while we have A.I. related social problems.

@Danioover9000 no, 

We need AI and educated humans to solve many creative and social problems because most humans are retards.

◭"89"

you also can’t foresee how intelligent a human can become and how when using AI that persons intelligence becomes super human.

Most humans are not good examples or role models of what a human can become. Even most public intellectuals are retards 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

@Thought Art

10 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

you also can’t foresee how intelligent a human can become and how when using AI that persons intelligence becomes super human.

Most humans are not good examples or role models of what a human can become. Even most public intellectuals are retards 

Yes, they become super leeching humans, obfuscating the majority of the hard work that comes with being an artist.

Not saying that all the minutiae should be consciously inputted and outputted by a human mind, I'm specifically saying that we should be extremely careful with outsourcing our drawing and artistic abilities to A.I. programs and call that lazy approach art and justified because art is subjective. It's  the same BS when a YouTube React justifies their theft and leeching of other YouTube Content they are reacting to.

12 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Danioover9000 no, 

We need AI and educated humans to solve many creative and social problems because most humans are retards.

I agree, but not the humans that leech.

@Danioover9000 Idk, I think AI created art is as Valid as anything else. 

Personally, I clearly see the artistry and taste in Leo’s AI created images. 

◭"89"

@Thought Art

17 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@Danioover9000 Idk, I think AI created art is as Valid as anything else. 

Personally, I clearly see the artistry and taste in Leo’s AI created images. 

I don't, or won't, know? Why is A.I created art valid, but not human created art?

Personally, I clearly, see the artistry and taste in stealing an artist's work for my video thumbnails, way better than forging a painting, breaking into an art gallery, swapping the original for the fake, and auctioning that in the black market. So much easier, just worded prompt here and there, zero hassle.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Apparently you've never heard of photography or photoshop.

Photoshop is a blank canvas.

Photography has never really competed with traditional art or digital art, photography is in it's own category.

3D / CGI art is even in it's own category.

AI art actually competes with digital art. You can have a artist spend 5 hours creating something or you can have something created in few seconds using AI art. For example your newest thumbnail in your video I'm assuming was AI generated, but it could easily have been a Digital artist's work too.

You are not an artist for using "prompts" and selecting images you like.

Bro this is exactly like putting Words in adobe stock finder search bar (prompts) and then saying the image you chose from the selection of search results makes you an artist. Seriously? The only difference is the AI is generating unique stock images for you.

Basically AI art is going to force people to use it (just to compete), it will allow forgoing of traditional means of practice and learning, and force people to be more of a retouching artist rather an complete artist.  An artist will be forced to do these things as people will expected to work faster and pump out work faster which is going to be an passion killer...

Would we put high performing AI robot in a football team? Or would that get shut down fast in human sports?

No one cares about AI robots in CHESS or STARCRAFT, because we know its a robot.... however release that AI robot to the public and now you have gamers running AI robots playing chess games, starcraft games, league of legend games, world of warcraft, Dota, etc to HIGH Pro human skill levels and and if its completely undetectable as a hack.. that would be a huge problem.  That's what AI art is right now. Like I said it devalues everything.

Saying AI replacing artist workload is no different than a gamer making the arguement that the AI is reducing his gaming workload, maybe a gamer just wants to tell the AI who to kill.

Many gamers just want the end results of games, so having an AI grind and save time could be argued to be a good thing.

Edited by illusory

AI generated images is like making a smoothie out of resturant food for the sole purpose to down it faster, why sit down for an hour or two and chew a meal in a resturant when you can drink the same meal in a matter of seconds. A tasty meal in a tastless way.

Edited by ZzzleepingBear

@illusory

17 minutes ago, illusory said:

Photoshop is a blank canvas.

Photography has never really competed with traditional art or digital art, photography is in it's own category.

3D / CGI art is even in it's own category.

AI art actually competes with digital art. You can have a artist spend 5 hours creating something or you can have something created in few seconds using AI art. For example your newest thumbnail in your video I'm assuming was AI generated, but it could easily have been a Digital artist's work too.

You are not an artist for using "prompts" and selecting images you like.

Bro this is exactly like putting Words in adobe stock finder search bar (prompts) and then saying the image you chose from the selection of search results makes you an artist. Seriously? The only difference is the AI is generating unique stock images for you.

Basically AI art is going to force people to use it (just to compete), it will allow forgoing of traditional means of practice and learning, and force people to be more of a retouching artist rather an complete artist.  An artist will be forced to do these things as people will expected to work faster and pump out work faster which is going to be an passion killer...

Would we put high performing AI robot in a football team? Or would that get shut down fast in human sports?

No one cares about AI robots in CHESS or STARCRAFT, because we know its a robot.... however release that AI robot to the public and now you have gamers running AI robots playing chess games, starcraft games, league of legend games, world of warcraft, Dota, etc to HIGH Pro human skill levels and and if its completely undetectable as a hack.. that would be a huge problem.  That's what AI art is right now. Like I said it devalues everything.

Saying AI replacing artist workload is no different than a gamer making the arguement that the AI is reducing his gaming workload, maybe a gamer just wants to tell the AI who to kill.

TRUTH RIGHT HERE!!!