BipolarGrowth

The Power of David Goggin’s Principles & Life Story

44 posts in this topic

This video is an absolute must watch in my opinion if you care whatsoever at moving toward your own limitless potential. 

Overcoming Arachnophobia Ep. #1

I’m gonna be posting a lot here about the immense value of this man’s incredible message. Just for context, I’ve had arachnophobia my whole life somewhat severely at times. This audiobook will change your life more than even all of Actualized.org content over years combined if you’re at the right point to apply the methods at full force, at least that’s how it’s been for me. This isn’t to say that Actualized.org and Leo’s work is not immensely valuable. That, in part, allowed me to fix my bipolar disorder in the end. Without that foundation, I’d probably not be able to turn things up 10 notches by applying David Goggin’s principles. 

More to come soon. 

To be completely transparent and honest in a way that might unfortunately rub some of you the wrong way, the individual who has helped me the most in life is Jesus Christ. 

Matthew 7:16-20: “You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.”

C6851667-BC50-4E3D-B4A3-85C40CDE976B.jpeg

7412BE1B-588E-40A2-AC19-0B8DCC3DE383.jpeg

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

I like David his story is very inspiring for a lot of people. But he still hasn't conquered all his fears. His shadow is still his old self how he used to be. That's why he is so motivated. His fear of his old self is so strong it literally is what motivates him everyday to pursue greater an greater heights. Fear is one of the most powerful motivators. 

His story is certainly an interesting one. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

I haven't gone too deep into Goggins and his story and work to really provide a solid opinion, but out of what I've seen from the content of his I've consumed, I think a lot of his lessons are really valuable, but I think a lot of the way he is comes from his upbringing and is largely a survival adaptation and an avoidance of his shadow. Because of this, his teachings aren't grounded in any solid, healthy, high-consciousness type of development, and so I think a lot of the way he is can be quite destructive and toxic, at least if you care about being high-consciousness. 

I think if you know how to sort the wheat from the chaff with the things he says, and refrain from going overboard and doing anything destructive with yourself, then you can definitely get a lot of value from him.

I don't know if you've heard of Andy Frisella, he has a business podcast (the MFCEO), and he has quite a similar approach and attitude to Goggins. I used to listen to his podcast a lot when I was more stage orange. Now that I have grown past that, I still revisit his podcast sometimes as there is a lot of value I can get from it in terms of building a strong work-ethic and strategies for succeeding in business, but I recognize the destructive and lower-consciousness sides to him and the things that he talks about and I just ignore those things.

I think if you know what is valuable and what things to ignore then you can definitely get a lot of value from people like Goggins and Andy. (They have a podcast episode together by the way.).

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

Sleeping 4 hours a day while torturing yourself is not sustainable. David Goggins whole life is micromanaged to the smallest detail, just so he can do what he does, without killing himself in the process. If that's your definition of a good life, I feel bad for you man.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

I could be wrong, but the sense I get from David Goggins is that without all the hard work and extreme feats, he would be without self-worth. Sure he things he is able to accomplish are amazing, but I feel the extremeness about it all is neurotic and dismisses other important areas of life. If you temper his mindset somewhat before you take it on though, there is benefit to be gained in the area of discipline and work-ethic, etc. 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Training for my 5:00 minute mile goal went well today. Getting a ride back to the gym by some nice police officers definitely felt like a sort of graduation compared to the times I was in the back of a cop car as either a criminal or mental health patient. #jesusisking #stayhard

A6229425-D3EF-4A5A-8723-669807380034.png

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

11 hours ago, Razard86 said:

I like David his story is very inspiring for a lot of people. But he still hasn't conquered all his fears. His shadow is still his old self how he used to be. That's why he is so motivated. His fear of his old self is so strong it literally is what motivates him everyday to pursue greater an greater heights. Fear is one of the most powerful motivators. 

His story is certainly an interesting one. 

Thats an interesting take on Davids motivations,  I could see that.  I know when I listened to him, I felt something similar, he just seemed to hate that other part of himself so much that he would never let it get the better of him.  But I could see it being both fear and hate intertwined in some sorta unique way to him.

8 hours ago, Max_V said:

I could be wrong, but the sense I get from David Goggins is that without all the hard work and extreme feats, he would be without self-worth. Sure he things he is able to accomplish are amazing, but I feel the extremeness about it all is neurotic and dismisses other important areas of life. If you temper his mindset somewhat before you take it on though, there is benefit to be gained in the area of discipline and work-ethic, etc. 

Ya felt the same, he's even said a lot of strange stuff in my eyes about fun and happiness, they are like super low on his scale of importance.  But I do like his lessons on overcoming.  Sometimes you do gotta dig deep into darkness to overcome current moment situations, and its not pretty, no matter your "high good intention" views or "lower conscious no matter what you must overcome" view.

I'm feeling sad for guys because they rely so much on these stage Red mentality fake alpha guys. 

The "just do it" guys.. 

It's extreme pressure and maybe even bad for men. 

You aren't allowed to express emotions as a man 

Every new alpha man tells you to hide your emotions. 

This is so unhealthy. 

This trend will have huge ramifications a decade later 

Another toxic FAD

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

@Tyler Robinson While vulnerability is definitely important for men to learn, a big chunk of the new generation of men struggle with things like discipline, independent self-worth, work ethic, coming into healthy malehood/masculinity
Perhaps you are not connected to that as much because you are a female (I presume), but it is important for a lot of this new generation to work on these things. 

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Max_V But this is coming at the cost of neglecting emotions? 

Why can't you see it as dangerous? 

A man is telling you how to win a  race but he is also telling you that if you cry then you are a crybaby and shaming you for your emotions.. 

On one hand he is helping you but on the other he is harming you..

You're trading one for another. 

You cannot risk one value for another because the growth becomes stunted leading to dangerous consequences, only one sided growth. 

Pick better role models. And If you can't, then simply create an imaginary role model or become one yourself and stop relying 

But relying on such men is fatal. 

Edited by Tyler Robinson

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

I had my Goggins phase and it helped me get out of a rut and victim mentality. And it’s great to go back to if I’m being lazy, but it’s limited and he lacks self love. Ultimately it’s unviable as a long term strategy

@Tyler Robinson I’m not talking about Goggins specifically, I mean the ‘alpha male’ movement type thing you’re referring to.

No if course I’m not neglecting one over the other, I’m saying some need to lay their focus more on for now and than the other but of course find a healthy balance eventually

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

34 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

@Max_V But this is coming at the cost of neglecting emotions? 

Why can't you see it as dangerous? 

A man is telling you how to win a  race but he is also telling you that if you cry then you are a crybaby and shaming you for your emotions.. 

On one hand he is helping you but on the other he is harming you..

You're trading one for another. 

You cannot risk one value for another because the growth becomes stunted leading to dangerous consequences, only one sided growth. 

Pick better role models. And If you can't, then simply create an imaginary role model or become one yourself and stop relying 

But relying on such men is fatal. 

I know you don't mean to do this, but actually you're being very audacious. Men here tell you over and over again how they struggle/have struggled with their masculinity, and you're trying to argue them? Realize that there are certain things a woman will never understand about men.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

10 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

I know you don't mean to do this, but actually you're being very audacious. Men here tell you over and over again how they struggle/have struggled with their masculinity, and you're trying to argue them? Realize that there are certain things a woman will never understand about men.

Because toxic Masculinity is not fine.

♡✸♡.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Because toxic Masculinity is not fine.

You don't understand masculinity, and therefore are not in a position to make judgements about what's toxic and what's not. Now there are of course certain behaviors and worldviews that we can agree on as "toxic," but you just call everything masculine "toxic," which is obviously ignorant.

Just now, Nilsi said:

You don't understand masculinity, and therefore are not in a position to make judgements about what's toxic and what's not. Now there are of course certain behaviors and worldviews that we can agree on as "toxic," but you just call everything masculine "toxic," which is obviously ignorant.

Nope. I call it toxic Masculinity because it suppresses male emotion. Encouraging men to work hard? Nothing wrong with it at all. I never attacked those aspects. 

♡✸♡.

@Tyler Robinson Attacking toxic masculinity is certainly deserved, but you are doing so in threads that are discussing cultivating healthy forms of masculinity and how to integrate them. Though of course, I have said so myself in this thread, Goggins does seem to encourage supression to some degree and that isn't good. 

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

Just now, KH2 said:

@Max_V Why is supression deemed bad? I still don't get it. Wtf is toxic about it? How does expressing sadness, or other forms of weak emotions related to sadness, help solve bad situations?

Anger and aggression has time and place. Laughter and fun mood has time and place. Happiness has time and place. Etc. etc. All of these can help you at certain situations. Sadness and depression is just some annoying shit I'm either trying to get rid off, or channell it into anger and aggresiveness. Is there a third option - sobbing and crying? But again, who cares except you, and how does it help you solve the situation?

I'm sad right now. And I've used it to do 50 push ups. Now the sadness is gone. Seems like a better strategy, than crying. But who knows, maybe I'm just a simpleton, with zero EQ.

Why are you so afraid of experiencing sadness? Why not channel your happiness into push ups? You're fundamentally avoiding parts of yourself that you are not comfortable with and that will lead to all kinds of pathologies later. Be a man and cry when you feel like crying for fucks sake.