TJM1959

Wtf Is This, An Increase In Stress/anxiety From Leo?

13 posts in this topic

Is it possible that I could be experiencing an increase in physical anxiety and mental distress resulting from the daily insights of Leo? WTF is this? You think I have "Happiness Anxiety"? His vids are amazing, hits home, and I ain't blaming but since taking on a daily dose or two, the shits coming up. Anyone else experience this, got insights?

It's very normal to experience negative emotions and feelings when you first start doing personal development and other things like meditation. 

I like comparing it to working out. If you don't regularly train your muscles it's going to hurt the first few times you do it. 

Youre raising awareness to the things in your life that need to be worked on. It's probably a lot and it gives you anxiety. You're on the right track. 

Now it's a good time to work on your balance and see what issues you should focus on first so you don't get overwhelmed :)

22 minutes ago, TJM1959 said:

Is it possible that I could be experiencing an increase in physical anxiety and mental distress resulting from the daily insights of Leo?

Yes it's possible. His insights are raising your awareness, changing your perspectives on life and creating a sense of uncertainty about everything you thought you knew and where you thought you were going. But it's fine, as time goes on things will get clearer. Stick with it. In fact, notice the stress and anxiety. They are pointing to areas within you that are awakening and need working on.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

Yes. I am usually frustrated after watching his videos. I a couple months ago quit his videos for like 3 months. My excuse was that I didn't need somebody to tell me what to do I will find out what I want to do and do it deeply myself. 

I just didn't want to listen. I could've listened and ignored it. I didn't like how I knew I had to think about the stuff he's saying.

I feel frustrated just thinking about how much I've missed from his videos. Like even though I've watched his videos. I'm fucking it up big time. It's about fucking it up less and less as you go along. -_-

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

@TJM1959 we're here to invite you to master yourself without attachment to your self.

it's normal to feel anxiety everytime we notice things that we're better off dropping.

unborn Truth

Leo will slap you in the face. But only if you let him haha. I don't and as result I have no results.

Congrats, now you know why 99.99% of people don't do this work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 12/2/2017 at 9:19 PM, TJM1959 said:

WTF is this?

You are making progress. I'm not kidding :)

Its the Ego reacting automatically and "unconsciously". Ego doesn't like to be seen, or to be addressed directly. It is feeling threatened. And that brings up responses. Its nothing to worry about, it will settle down, as soon as the lower parts to the mind are conditioned in a new way.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

It could be the anxiety of trying something new.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@TJM1959  Just working on personal development and the inner self in general can be stressful at times, and that's because you're addressing your subconscious mind aka childhood vows.   We create beliefs, habits and behaviors as a comfort/safety net that may be holding us back from bigger potential.   But the end results of going after what you want is far greater than staying stagnant, lazy and doing nothing.  Life is about changing and evolving. You deserve success in your life, but sometimes our ego and our fears get the better of us.  It hurts to address these fears....it's like an open sore that doesn't go away and we cover it up with a bandaid when we ignore what's going on.  But when we address these fears and conquer them we close these wounds like an antibiotic and they permanently heal never to return.  :) 

After Leo's Childhood Vow video, I had to do a huge reflection on all the mental garbage I put in my head that was preventing me from going after the things that I want.   I've cried, I've been scared, I've been angry.  I've even had suicidal thoughts too.  But the journey to heal those wounds made the fight all the better.  I don't regret any of the hard work I've dedicated to the self.  I know it has paid off, and I love myself for it.

One of the scariest things for me was telling myself that I loved myself in the mirror!  I hesitated for weeks to do it!  But when I finally broke down and looked myself in the eyes and said I LOVE you....omg I felt so much better.  As I started working on myself, I started to enjoy completing goals and seeing changes.

I also used to be deathly afraid of dogs.  So back in September of 2016 I got a job for two weeks as a professional dog walker and broke my fear of them.  Now when I walk by a dog, I see a giant fur baby instead of some crazy monster that wants to bite me and tear me apart. lol  I changed my perception.

And I have many more fears to conquer....and I'm going to do whatever I can to beat the odds.  Because I deserve SUCCESS.  And I love myself too much to not have what I want and desire in my life. 

Good luck on your journey!

I would recommend slowing down on Leo's videos overall and learning to absorb all the information that he provides in a single segment. Not only can his videos induce feelings of anxiety and stress through the topics that he talks about, but they can also be quite contradicting too which he has stated in the past. 

Edited by xudbux

Amazing responses and insights and I'm truly grateful to you all, thank you for taking the time to assist me through this funk or whatever it is. Your replies are right on as I spoke with a psychiatrist yesterday and he agreed that the topics Leo presents have the potential to induce anxiety and stress because of the depth and profound insightfulness presented. No shit, I paid you to tell me that!
I'm taking the suggestion that I ease up on the vids, keeping a weekly focus on a specific insight, maintain my daily practices and continue on to the next lesson. In the 80's, I participated in transformational workshops like Lifespring, EST and the Forum and thought I had handled some deep issues, guess the work is never really done.
Sincerely,
Tom