Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Finax

YouTube gets Sued! Caught helping Russia.

9 posts in this topic

Basically Youtube is allowing RT (Russia Today), a Russian state media to bypass YouTube policy after they threatened to ban YouTube in Russia, which would apparently be billions of dollars in losses for Google. RT has stolen copyrighted property for years and faced account termination for all 39 RT channels in accordance to YouTube policy that it is suppose to enforce on all channels equally.

Instead YouTube stepped in and was caught helping Russia to avoid termination, and changed their policy to allow certain channels, like RT, to have 35 copyright violations before termination per year, while other channels can only have 3.

The power of money is real, RT has used YouTube to damage the United States such as spreading misinformation on Covid to kill as many Americans as possible, but because YouTube allows RT on its partnership program, They both profit tremendously from ad revenue. 

This video shows just how sneaky and deceptive large corporations can be to protect their interest. I would like to here your guys thoughts on this, do you think Youtube is correct or should they be held accountable. Thanks

@Finax very interesting

https://www.washingtonpost.comoutlookoutlook/2020/04/02/yes-russia-spreads-coronavirus-lies-they-were-made-america/

If other countries intentionally spread these kinds of lies, then it makes me wonder how much is our propaganda influenced by other countries. The CIA can do this so effectively that they manufacture consent for coups in Latin America.

In the case of COVID, the polarization was partially driven by countries actively trying to hurt us.

Not surprising.. it's just degrees of self-deception/bias what Google does or some other company. Survival is a bitch.

I've been dealing with Airbnb and they don't seem very ethical either (compared to how they present themselves) and give me the mafia vibes right now. If you have a problem that's tied to money even while admitting it was their mistake, they will drag their feet and gaslight you in the hope you'll give up. 

We can't know some of the inner workings of these systems until something gets released or personally dealt with.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

27 minutes ago, puporing said:

Survival is a bitch.

I agree and that bitch can't be killed!!! Lol we should say Survival is an immortal bitch who makes you her bitch!!! 

Survival= Division. Makes you her bitch= Unification.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

It's not so clear that forcing Google and YT to pull out of Russia is a net win for the world or for Russia. In that vacuum some shady Russian search engines will just take hold of the local market and peddle shameless Putin propaganda.

As far as companies go, Google is about as ethical as they get. Of course not perfectly so.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not so clear that forcing Google and YT to pull out of Russia is a net win for the world or for Russia. In that vacuum some shady Russian search engines will just take hold of the local market and peddle shameless Putin propaganda.

As far as companies go, Google is about as ethical as they get. Of course not perfectly so.

The question is, if it was not benefitial to the propaganda apparatus, why wouldn't they simply already ban Youtube? How does the current regime benefit from Youtube?

And by the way, russians already use sites like Yandex. I'm not sure to what degree Google and Youtube counteract propaganda in Russia, but I do know the degree to which having these actors on these platforms is damaging to the information landscape in the west. These platforms are intentionally used to destabilize our societies, which in my view is the biggest challenge we face in the 21st century.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel

@Finax

11 hours ago, Finax said:

Basically Youtube is allowing RT (Russia Today), a Russian state media to bypass YouTube policy after they threatened to ban YouTube in Russia, which would apparently be billions of dollars in losses for Google. RT has stolen copyrighted property for years and faced account termination for all 39 RT channels in accordance to YouTube policy that it is suppose to enforce on all channels equally.

Instead YouTube stepped in and was caught helping Russia to avoid termination, and changed their policy to allow certain channels, like RT, to have 35 copyright violations before termination per year, while other channels can only have 3.

The power of money is real, RT has used YouTube to damage the United States such as spreading misinformation on Covid to kill as many Americans as possible, but because YouTube allows RT on its partnership program, They both profit tremendously from ad revenue. 

This video shows just how sneaky and deceptive large corporations can be to protect their interest. I would like to here your guys thoughts on this, do you think Youtube is correct or should they be held accountable. Thanks

Well, that is shocking, but I do agree with @Leo Gura, if Google and YouTube pulled out of Russia, and banned Russia based media in the EU, UK, USA and other western based online plateforms, then their propaganda isn't challenged enough, and it allows them to create their own search engine and other types of web services that are Russian based. In theory, they shouldn't ban them, but allowed them to still post videos and get challenged by thousands of other western and eastern YouTube channels.

It's a very difficult issue. No easy answers. Google pulled out of China over a decade ago because they refused to comply with Chinese censorship.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

They are building Rutube now, when it's up and running fine I assume they will ban YT.