Matthew85

Looking for resources on the nature of reality

18 posts in this topic

Have any of you come across any resources on the nature of reality that resonated with you as being highly accurate? If so, please share them. 

I've been reading some Donald Hoffman recently. He seems to at least be ahead of most other scientists with his open mindedness and theory that consciousness is fundamental to reality. He talks a lot about evolution though which I don't feel is accurate. Not sure how far our current scientific methods can take us to understanding reality and consciousness. It like trying to use a dream to understand a dream. But I guess we could say the same thing about psychedelics. They are part of the dream as well. 

@JoeVolcano Thank you! I've read some of Jed McKenna's work. I will look into it more.

He does at times seem to have a pessimistic outlook which make me wonder if his awakenings are incomplete. 

Maybe see if she resonates with you.

She channels Yeshua. I just had a conversation with her, and it was probably the most profound conversation i've ever had.

@Raptorsin7 Thank you for sharing the interview. I would love to hear more details about what techniques she used to heal herself. Powerful example of how malleable reality is. 

2 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@Raptorsin7 Thank you for sharing the interview. I would love to hear more details about what techniques she used to heal herself. Powerful example of how malleable reality is. 

https://susanmarie.youcanbook.me/?fbclid=IwAR0-PV_U0KVxSON7rOwLLjcNmqxYEdlxSq2uaHIJW4cKFZWm7grhnk8eBNc

Highly worth it imo.

If you want I can send you a recording of my convo with her to get a sense of her approach. I have to email it though it's too large for the forum.

@JoeVolcano Thank you!

Do you know if the author has ever discussed what methods he used to achieve his insights and awakening?

I have been fascinated by the nature of reality since I was young. Even after close to 20 years of researching, exploring and contemplation it is still deeply mysterious. Many proposed theories, some by brilliant scientist's, but science has it's own limitations. Maybe we are not suppose to know. Perhaps it would spoil the game. Sorta like if you knew how a magician was performing their illusions you wouldn't enjoy the show. If you were immersed in a game wouldn't you want to understand the structure and rules of the game though? I would. 

@Leo Gura Can you share any resources you have found to contain a high degree of truth on the subject?

Dr. Hawkins wrote powerful paragraphs on the nature of reality. These are some of my favorite books of his:

• Discovery of the Presence of God
  • The Eye of the I
  • I: Reality and Subjectivity

Actually, I love all of his books, except "Reality, Spirituality and Modern Man". I think he wrote that one for more scientifically minded people. It's still good, though.

I second the Jed McKenna recommendation. I like the Jed Talks, too, but I wouldn't start with those. 

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

5 hours ago, The Mystical Man said:

Dr. Hawkins wrote powerful paragraphs on the nature of reality. These are some of my favorite books of his:

• Discovery of the Presence of God
  • The Eye of the I
  • I: Reality and Subjectivity

Actually, I love all of his books, except "Reality, Spirituality and Modern Man". I think he wrote that one for more scientifically minded people. It's still good, though.

I second the Jed McKenna recommendation. I like the Jed Talks, too, but I wouldn't start with those. 

@The Mystical Man Thank you! I am a fan of Hawkins. I was fortunate to attend some of his workshops while he was still with us. 

@Matthew85 Peter Ralston “The book of not Knowing”. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Galyna Do you mind sharing a summery of what Ralston says the nature of reality is? 

@Matthew85 I love your questions.

What exactly does the 'nature' of reality mean to you?  The 'structure'?  The 'how'?  The 'why'?  What about other realities?  Are they structured the same way?  Are there an infinite number of ways reality can be put together and our current way of seeing it is only one of many?

Even most of our dreams seems to be 'structured' around being human being person-like. I don't have any answers but I just wanted to get your thoughts. 

Edited by AlterEgo

6 minutes ago, AlterEgo said:

@Matthew85 I love your questions.

What exactly does the 'nature' of reality mean to you?  The structure?  The 'how'?  The 'why'? 

@AlterEgo Thank you. I am primarily interested in deepening my understanding of what is reality, the structure and the how. 

9 minutes ago, AlterEgo said:

What about other realities?  Are they structured the same way?

I feel the source and structure is probably always the same, but the experience could be radically different from one reality to another. 

15 minutes ago, AlterEgo said:

Even most of our dreams seems to be 'structured' around being human or human-like. I don't have any answers but I just wanted to get your thoughts. 

True. I feel this has more to do with what we are currently choosing to explore. Given the infinite nature of God the possibilities are endless. Everything we can imagine and even things we can't imagine because they are beyond the limitations of our human mind.

9 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

@AlterEgo Thank you. I am primarily interested in deepening my understanding of what is reality, the structure and the how. 

I feel the source and structure is probably always the same, but the experience could be radically different from one reality to another. 

I think your right.  It's all a manifestation of the same thing in different forms.  Just generating in different ways.  But what if it doesn't have to be that way to exist? Something radically different than our current plane of existence. 

9 minutes ago, Matthew85 said:

True. I feel this has more to do with what we are currently choosing to explore. Given the infinite nature of God the possibilities are endless. Everything we can imagine and even things we can't imagine because they are beyond the limitations of our human mind.

Yep.  There are infinite realities within infinite realities.  But who is choosing? God is probably still evolving forevermore. 

Also is there anything beyond consciousness and awareness?  How could that be? Could it actually be?  Not in a marterial sense either.

7 minutes ago, AlterEgo said:

But what if it doesn't have to be that way to exist? Something radically different than our current plane of existence

@AlterEgo Not sure what your question is here. Can you clarify?

9 minutes ago, AlterEgo said:

Yep.  There are infinite realities within infinite realities.  But who is choosing? God is probably still evolving forevermore.

I feel we are choosing but we limit our awareness to have the experience of exploration and discovery. 

11 minutes ago, AlterEgo said:

Also is there anything beyond consciousness and awareness?  How could that be? Could it actually be?  Not in a marterial sense either.

I would say no. I feel consciousness is fundamental. So I'm not sure what would be beyond it because anything you discovered would immediately be part of your consciousness.