BipolarGrowth

Very Practical and Effective Advice to Remove Depression

26 posts in this topic

The personal sacrifices one makes in the pursuit of the Truth are proportional to one’s level of Realization. 

I can’t take this guy seriously after seeing the kinobody cringe compilation 

Great advice!

Let's tell all the depressed people to stop "being lazy" and smoking weed because really, it's all their fault.

They don't need therapy or to heal from trauma which they have no insurance to pay for or anything!

They just need a peptalk.

Why stop there?

We can tell all the people with ADHD to just stop being lazy too, and just concentrate!

Then move on to the schizophrenics because really, it's all in their head. Just stop imagining shit that's not there bro.

What other problem he knows nothing about can he solve from his mansion with a pool?

Maybe tell starving people in poor countries to just solve their problem and find more food!

Then tell the North Koreans to just don't be so afraid to get murdered and get out of their country!

It's all so simple! (if you have a simple mind I guess)

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

25 minutes ago, flowboy said:

We can tell all the people with ADHD

There isn't any real evidence for ADHD most Clinical Psychologists actually admit this. In truth it actually doesn't exist and is overwhelmingly diagnosed in young boys. If you look into the history on why this has been the case and what changed as far as how the school system was set up in Western Culture (The Prussian School System) you would understand why this was the case. 

In truth most issues with concentration are a result of overstimulation due to modern technology which is why most people born in modern culture struggle with attention issues. Recently when I took a psychedelic a couple of months ago it changed the wiring of my brain and increased my ability to concentrate by quieting the mind. Most neuroplasticity is heavily influenced by the environment. 

If you took a kid away from technology long enough his brain will reorganize the wiring and he will be able to concentrate. When I entered basic training over a decade ago we basically had no contact with T.V. or internet the entire time we were there. About 2 weeks in you notice your ability to concentrate skyrocket. When I left and went back to watching T.V. and perusing the internet those issues returned. So most of these issues...are just environmental based on social and physiological conditioning. 

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Razard86  I have been diagnosed with ADHD. I have coached people with ADHD. ADHD has made my life very very difficult and intermittently depressing for 10 years until I got a handle on it, and I still struggle at times.

There's probably nothing you can tell me about ADHD that I don't already know.

In fact I know more about what it is and what it's potentially caused by and has been linked to, than one would learn studying psychology.

Bet you didn't know it's been linked to the mother taking paracetamol during pregnancy.

Or exposure to environmental toxins before birth.

Or being exposed to emotionally unsafe or stressful situations during childhood for a prolonged period of time.

While it's true that it's just a group of symptoms and nothing can be pointed to in the brain that is "it", and the symptoms could have different underlying causes, that can be said of most diagnosable mental disorders.

It's also true that ADHD is not just a curse, it's also a gift and correlates with qualities such as creativity, innovative thinking, intuition and calm leadership in the face of real danger, and it's true that if the current school system was different that these people would do much better, and the top-down enforced learning in modern day's assembly line school system doesn't work for them or accomodate them at all.

That doesn't mean that you should make light of these people's problems. People like you and me can do psychedelics and self-development and learn to concentrate better. There's people with more severe ADHD symptoms who literally can not sit still anywhere or control their emotions, their prefrontal cortex functioning is severely impacted to the point that they are too forgetful and impulsive to properly take care of themselves.

You've clearly never been inside the home of someone who has to cover their home with post-it notes just so they pay their bills, feed their pet and brush their teeth.

You are being disrespectful to people's very real suffering by making statements like this and your assertions are completely unfounded and at the very least incomplete. I take personal offence to this.

In fact I consider myself quite lucky because I was able to get a handle on my symptoms in my twenties and could stop taking medication.

There's countless people who only in their 50s realise that they had it, and wonder why they could never be quite productive at their job or actualize their potential in the career they knew they could have had, if something in their brain had just unlocked. Now they finally have a reason why normal things were always extra hard for them, and they can get therapy, coaching or medication specialized to them. But it doesn't give them back the lost years.

Here comes you saying their problems don't exist.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

2 hours ago, flowboy said:

@Razard86 

You are being disrespectful to people's very real suffering by making statements like this and your assertions are completely unfounded and at the very least incomplete. I take personal offence to this.

1. Calling someone disrespectful is projection. I could make the same claim based on the many assumptions you have laid waste in your diatribe. 

2. Suffering? Suffering is a creation of the mind. It has been proven for thousands of years that there are various techniques to alleviate suffering because it is caused by issues with awareness and lack of control with the mind. There is even research out there with techniques to alleviate pain. As long as you project this victim mindset of woah is me you prevent yourself and others from finding out these solutions.

3. I struggled with concentration issues growing up, I struggled with being bullied, I've had a gun put to my head, and been jumped by gang members. Throwing out hard times as evidence of suffering is a waste of time, suffering is a result of ignorance. I once suffered and sought out ways to cope and eventually overcame it. 

4. I'm a black man in America and you actually think you have gone through worse crap than me? What reality do you live in? The difference is BECAUSE I have gone through the crap I have gone through I understand that I suffered because I didn't have the right perspective. Which is why I searched for answers my entire life and eventually discovered what I needed. 

We don't need people going around labeling people as victims, you take their power away, and prevent them from overcoming their situations. Instead seek solutions alternative solutions, there are many sources outside modern practices that have helped hundreds to thousands of people. I already posted a video earlier of a guy who healed himself from chest down paralysis. As long as you think conventionally you will be stuck in that cycle of labeling, victimization, and learned helplessness. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Razard86  Interesting how the way you overcame your suffering apparently made you arrogant and unempathetic.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it.

Something that is typically seen in people who never really integrated their pain, just pushed it away. By judging it as ignorance for example. Self-judgment creates other-judgment.

48 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

I'm a black man in America and you actually think you have gone through worse crap than me?

Where did I say this?

Edited by flowboy

5 hours ago, flowboy said:

@Razard86  Interesting how the way you overcame your suffering apparently made you arrogant and unempathetic.

All judgment is projection, you see what you are not what is there. To call someone arrogant means you are arrogant and to call someone unempathetic is to be unempathetic. 

A humble man does not see arrogance, only an arrogant man can see arrogance. 

Arrogance= the person thinks too highly of themselves, to think someone thinks too highly of themselves means you think they don't know their place. For someone to have a place, means you believe you know better...which is arrogance and pride. 

To see someone as lacking empathy means you view their action as unloving, or lacking in emotion. All human behavior is driven by emotion. So to see a lack of emotion means you are no connecting with the emotion that is driving that action, thus you judge it devoid of emotion. A loving person can see the intent behind a person's actions and understands them.

This is why the judger is the judged. The moment you judge another, you have just judged yourself. You cannot escape this. Every single one of your responses...reveals how you feel about others. Because how you feel about others is how you feel about yourself.

5 hours ago, flowboy said:

@Razard86 

Something that is typically seen in people who never really integrated their pain, just pushed it away.

This is true...something I still need to work on. But I was aware of this, but good job noticing it.

4 hours ago, Razard86 said:

All judgment is projection, you see what you are not what is there. To call someone arrogant means you are arrogant and to call someone unempathetic is to be unempathetic. 

A humble man does not see arrogance, only an arrogant man can see arrogance. 

Arrogance= the person thinks too highly of themselves, to think someone thinks too highly of themselves means you think they don't know their place. For someone to have a place, means you believe you know better...which is arrogance and pride. 

To see someone as lacking empathy means you view their action as unloving, or lacking in emotion. All human behavior is driven by emotion. So to see a lack of emotion means you are no connecting with the emotion that is driving that action, thus you judge it devoid of emotion. A loving person can see the intent behind a person's actions and understands them.

This is why the judger is the judged. The moment you judge another, you have just judged yourself. You cannot escape this. Every single one of your responses...reveals how you feel about others. Because how you feel about others is how you feel about yourself.

So according to your own logic Razard, if you accuse someone of projection (which I have seen you doing multiple times now) - then maybe its actually you who is doing that? It's a judgement after all, isn't it?

Then you go further and say "A humble man does not see arrogance"...
just to perfectly explain what arrogance is from an objectifiable point of view one paragraph later...

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

On 8/4/2022 at 7:24 PM, flowboy said:

Great advice!

Let's tell all the depressed people to stop "being lazy" and smoking weed because really, it's all their fault.

They don't need therapy or to heal from trauma which they have no insurance to pay for or anything!

They just need a peptalk.

Why stop there?

We can tell all the people with ADHD to just stop being lazy too, and just concentrate!

Then move on to the schizophrenics because really, it's all in their head. Just stop imagining shit that's not there bro.

What other problem he knows nothing about can he solve from his mansion with a pool?

Maybe tell starving people in poor countries to just solve their problem and find more food!

Then tell the North Koreans to just don't be so afraid to get murdered and get out of their country!

It's all so simple! (if you have a simple mind I guess)

I have been clinically diagnosed with depression and ADHD and clearly see this advice as essential AFTER overcoming those issues myself doing exactly what he said, so maybe you’re speaking as if you have more authority on the subject than you actually do. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

The personal sacrifices one makes in the pursuit of the Truth are proportional to one’s level of Realization. 

21 hours ago, undeather said:

So according to your own logic Razard, if you accuse someone of projection (which I have seen you doing multiple times now) - then maybe its actually you who is doing that? It's a judgement after all, isn't it?

Then you go further and say "A humble man does not see arrogance"...
just to perfectly explain what arrogance is from an objectifiable point of view one paragraph later...

You see what you are, because you are all that is, so yes if I say someone is projecting then I am projecting as well because whatever is in your awareness is there because its what you are bringing up. But being able to point out your own projections and projections of others allows you to escape the grip of the character/ ego (every gathered opinion) and allows you to truly see things clearly. You can only see things clearly (clarity) if you are honest. As long as you are stuck on your perspective that is all you will ever know and you will be unable to grow and that will be your reality. 

Also projection is not a judgment, projection is a label. I notice a lot of you all get judgment and discernment label confused. A judgment is saying something is bad, a label is just a tool to discern something.

Example: I see an apple next to an orange. = I have created a label which signifies a difference between the red circular object and the orange circular object. 

An apple is better than an orange. = Judgment.

Judgment is always context related, as it puts a value on something in relation to something. We do it all the time without realizing it because we are always chasing goals. So we could say being nice is better than being mean if you want friends. So we just judged mean as inferior to nice in relation to the goal towards friendship. Judgment is ultimately based on values, our concept of good and bad based on the different identities we have constructed and our limited understandings of how we think things should work or be. 

We all do this constantly in various ways, I'm not immune to this nor have I ever claimed to be. But if you are open to dissecting how this works further...go ahead I'm open to it. But let's throw away the pointing finger, the pointing finger always points back. Its how karma works, and how infinity works. The paradox is what you put out always returns, and what you see as one, is also the other.  

All conflict is pure comedy because its akin to a man arguing with the reflection in his mirror. Again I haven't transcended this but I am truly aware of how funny it all is.

The truth is we are all hypocrites, so I love it when someone tries to debunk me or say you are doing it too!! Of course I am, I'm YOU!!!

Edited by Razard86

One big problem i have with this video , that he is not talking about how to motivate yourself consciously. He is talking about things that are actually applicable but i don't think widely applicable for guys that are highly unmotivated and sad. 

This video has some tangible advice in it (but its still surface level, because he doesn't talk about how to actually do those steps what he is mentioning, he is just saying you need to do these 4-5 things, but he is not talking about how to start doing those things and how can you maintain doing those things etc). 

The very group that he is trying to target with his message will get a false sense of knowledge and hope that they can actually do it and after that they will become even more depressed (after the false sense of hope from the motivational video runs out) because they will think that they are dumb or something is wrong with them because they couldn't get shit done with even kinobody's advice.

This video is more of a motivational video than a real practical one (imo). Most depressed people know already that they want to have this x kind of lifestyle , they know what relationship they want, they know that eating shit food is not good, they know that fapping all day all night is not the best for your mood etc or if they don't know that already, they won't get suddenly enlightened by this video, because what they need is an actual guidance and not surface level motivational speech. The reason why some of them won't be able to do it is because they don't really get guidance how to do it.

This is a stage orange level analysis and advice and a big generalization as well. His advice could be good for some people, but for others its terrible, because they will feel even more shitty after they can't change their lifes on their own. He is also blurrying the line between feeling temporarily sad and actually being clinically depressed. 

That being said, this video still has its own value, becuase it is more of a motivational video, and it might motivate some people to start doing shit (and hopefully they will be able to maintain that thing/lifestyle, but at the end of the day this guy can only take credit for the motivational aspect, and not for the most improtant aspect (which is how you can actually change your life in a way where you can maintain it and not fall back, and how can you consciously motivate yourself).

Beautiful troll thread, just brings tears to my eyes... it's so good, so obvious, yet people fall for it, hook line and sinker. You guys are so easy sometimesxD

If Kino buddy's advice worked for you, fine. But why the need to propagate this to others who have varying degrees of development difficulties and differences to you?

5 minutes ago, zurew said:

One big problem i have with this video , that he is not talking about how to motivate yourself consciously. He is talking about things that are actually applicable but i don't think widely applicable for guys that are highly unmotivated and sad. 

This video has some tangible advice in it (but its still surface level, because he doesn't talk about how to actually do those steps what he is mentioning, he is just saying you need to do these 4-5 things, but he is not talking about how to start doing those things and how can you maintain doing those things etc). 

The very group that he is trying to target with his message will get a false sense of knowledge and hope that they can actually do it and after that they will become even more depressed (after the false sense of hope from the motivational video runs out) because they will think that they are dumb or something is wrong with them because they couldn't get shit done with even kinobody's advice.

This video is more of a motivational video than a real practical one (imo). Most depressed people know already that they want to have this x kind of lifestyle , they know what relationship they want, they know that eating shit food is not good, they know that fapping all day all night is not the best for your mood etc or if they don't know that already, they won't get suddenly enlightened by this video, because what they need is an actual guidance and not surface level motivational speech. The reason why some of them won't be able to do it is because they don't really get guidance how to do it.

This is a stage orange level analysis and advice and a big generalization as well. His advice could be good for some people, but for others its terrible, because they will feel even more shitty after they can't change their lifes on their own. He is also blurrying the line between feeling temporarily sad and actually being clinically depressed. 

That being said, this video still has its own value, becuase it is more of a motivational video, and it might motivate some people to start doing shit (and hopefully they will be able to maintain that thing/lifestyle, but at the end of the day this guy can only take credit for the motivational aspect, and not for the most improtant aspect (which is how you can actually change your life in a way where you can maintain it and not fall back, and how can you consciously motivate yourself).

The same level of desire/motivation it takes for someone to change their life, is the same level of desire/motivation it takes for someone to take their life. When you want something bad enough, nothing will stop you.

Edited by Razard86

On 5.8.2022 at 1:49 AM, Razard86 said:

There isn't any real evidence for ADHD most Clinical Psychologists actually admit this. In truth it actually doesn't exist and is overwhelmingly diagnosed in young boys.

Do you think the traits hyperactivity and attention deficiency exist?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Do you think the traits hyperactivity and attention deficiency exist?

Well yeah, if I put you out in the cold long enough you can get hyperthermia. Hyperactivity is just a result of overstimulation like kids get hyper if you give them candy, or a crack addict can't stay still without their "fix." 

I struggled with ADD symptoms my entire life, and it took one freaking mushroom to cure it. But I realize even the mushroom really only cured it by showing me "it was my own creation." Our brains are wired by years and years of conditioning. Its why I say modern society creates mental illness. I could write a whole book on how we create it. We create it through our food, (pollute the body), through our pollution of the earth, (pollutes the body as well), through our over reliance on technology that has made our brain become conditioned to having constantly flashing lights and sounds as its BASELINE, (brain needs constant stimulation) then we grow up on a society that focuses on developing the logical part without ever teaching or encouraging meditation, so you create a habit of thinking constantly. Then we have a culture that pushes for individualism at the exclusion of collectivism  which creates fear as we focus on our differences. 

So modern society creates an environment that creates fear, attachment, neediness, discrimination, addiction to pleasure/stimulation, and we call this progress. So then when you try to introduce someone to something outside of this modern paradigm like meditation, psychedelics, and alternative practices they think these things inferior and say this is just how I am. 

I've never said the symptoms are fake, but the belief that it is something permanent, and unfixable is what is fake. Hypothermia isn't something real when you have ways to prevent it, Scurvy is not real when you have ways to prevent it, small pox is not real when you have ways to prevent it, and ADD and hyperactivity is not real when you have ways to prevent, or get rid of it.

We could eradicate all these things, as they are just results of imbalance. Until we do....we will suffer our ignorance. Suffering is actually the root cause or catalyst of human progress so I guess we need more suffering to CHOOSE to end it all.

33 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

I've never said the symptoms are fake, but the belief that it is something permanent, and unfixable is what is fake. 

Nobody says psychiatric diagnoses are permanent entities ?

33 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Hypothermia isn't something real when you have ways to prevent it, Scurvy is not real when you have ways to prevent it, small pox is not real when you have ways to prevent it, and ADD and hyperactivity is not real when you have ways to prevent, or get rid of it.

"Only incurable diseases are real" – Razard86

?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

12 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Nobody says psychiatric diagnoses are permanent entities ?

How much you wanna bet? 

Here is just one example.

https://www.webmd.com/add-adhd/childhood-adhd/attention-deficit-hyperactivity-disorder-adhd#:~:text=ADHD is the most commonly,t be prevented or cured.

And they don't even have any real criteria to diagnose someone as having this issue.

18 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

"Only incurable diseases are real" – Razard86

?

You wouldn't even know scurvy was real unless someone were to tell you about it, or you experience it yourself. If you grow up in an environment where scurvy is eradicated, and all history of its existence is gone....it doesn't exist. What is real is what you are aware of, that is what is real to you.

If you imagine an elephant in your mind you don't think its real, but if that image dropped in front of you and started breaking stuff to you then it is real. So laugh, but that is the case. The average person doesn't even know what scurvy is for a reason. 

Edited by Razard86