Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Como

Amazing tier 2 explanation about the limits and traps of Vedanta

132 posts in this topic

That was a good talk.  I would only add that he was talking about the problem with neo-advaita.  Your post title said "vedanta".   Traditional vedanta doesn't fall into the silliness traps of neo-advaita.  Just my view. 

Vincit omnia Veritas.

NoSelf is very serious insight. Realization that what i call as "me" is just a bundle of sensations arising and passing away takes enourmous awareness and has increadible life changing impact on how one behaves and the freedom from suffering and false perception that gets attained. 

Unfortunately some people believe if u understand that there is no self intelectually, it's enough. That's so sad because they are missing the experiencial insight that can come only from intense awareness.

Basicly that's like accepting that you're god and the creator of the universe because it makes sense intelectually and think it's enough without ever actually having that experiencial recognition and reality shattering change of perception.

...sigh.. there's a difference between intelectual understanding and experiencial insight and change of perception. And neo advaita is purely based on intelectual conviction. That's not even 1% progress towards the actual enlightenment insight... how can u not laugh at something so ridiculous?

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

42 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

And neo advaita is purely based on intelectual conviction.

That is not correct.

Neo-advaitans and Buddhists have legit no-self realizations. However that is not the same as God-Realization and infinite consciousness.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is not correct.

Neo-advaitans and Buddhists have legit no-self realizations. However that is not the same as God-Realization and infinite consciousness.

Leo responded to my post, that's so beautiful. ?

The way i see it is that buddhists actually spend years penetrating the illusion of self with awareness practices and have a legit experiencial insight that they don’t exist as a limited tangable self. Whereas neo advaita literally don't do anything except mental masturbation. And those "enlightened" neo advaita spoke people are by no means free from illusion of limited self. Zero change in their perception has occured except a new belief system about what they are.

Well, at least that's how i see it. I know we disagree on everything always :D that's okey, brother ?

Edited by Salvijus

42 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is not correct.

This is not correct.

Neo Advaita and the legitimate Buddhist contemplative path are incomparable.

Infinite consciousness and God is discussed ad nauseam in Mahayana Buddhism. Look into the 10 stages of a Bodhisattva in the Avatamsaka Sutra. God realization is still not Awakening, real Awakening is so far beyond what this forum talks about it’s both hilarious and depressing to read.

Real Awakening demands lifetimes, lifetimes, of practice and purification, both of which cannot be substituted with using psychedelics. At the moment of death, all of the past God realized states will be worth less than dust compared to the consequences of karma.

@Consilience i think Leo's understanding of what no self insight is is different then the original version. That's why so much disagreement happens.

Edited by Salvijus

I think the only real teacher of "no seeking" was J.Krishnamurti. His teaching is just pure gold. A legend of intelectual cleverness and insight. However, the teachings got misinterpreted, distorted and misunderstood and now we have neo advaita lol.

Edited by Salvijus

7 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I think the only real teacher of "no seeking" was J.Krishnamurti. His teaching is just pure gold. A legend of intelectual cleverness and insight. However, the teachings got misinterpreted, distorted and misunderstood and now we have neo advaita lol.

Is he the guy who had a long affair with the wife of his long time business partner? Or is that the other j Krishnamurti

1 hour ago, Consilience said:

This is not correct.

Neo Advaita and the legitimate Buddhist contemplative path are incomparable.

Infinite consciousness and God is discussed ad nauseam in Mahayana Buddhism. Look into the 10 stages of a Bodhisattva in the Avatamsaka Sutra. God realization is still not Awakening, real Awakening is so far beyond what this forum talks about it’s both hilarious and depressing to read.

Real Awakening demands lifetimes, lifetimes, of practice and purification, both of which cannot be substituted with using psychedelics. At the moment of death, all of the past God realized states will be worth less than dust compared to the consequences of karma.

Maybe! Personally I think real awakening happens more readily to those with no spiritual path whatsoever. 

Apparently.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

That is not correct.

How can you say this, what there is a Jhana called the mind-base of infinite conciousness, how are you not making the connection here? God realization and realms are in Buddhism, they just don't attach or identify it. Have you ever thought of studying non celebrity or mainstream people like shinzen?

@Raptorsin7 sigh... how many girlfriends somebody had or didn't have and all that gossip drama every enlightened teacher faces shouldn't be important here imo.

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus I'm just saying, if the man's spirtual path wasn't enough to teach him enough integrity to not behave like that, then what is the value of generating him?

@Raptorsin7 i usually judge people myself without relying on internet gossip and what i see and what the internet says doesn't match for me. There's literally tons of bs about every spiritual teacher on the internet if u search for it. And trying to find some dirt on someone without even being a little interested in his main teaching says something about your postion and where your dislike is coming from also imo.

Edited by Salvijus

20 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

What is the value of generating

I generate him because i see the tremendous value and wisdom in his teaching. 

@Salvijus I just googled it, it came from the book written by the daughter of the woman who was part of the affair.

I'm always looking for consistency and integrity in the teacher. If something is not in alignment my alarm bells go off.

Especially when moral conduct is involved with teachers.

5 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I generate him because i see the tremendous value and wisdom in his teaching. 

Sorry I meant venerate.

Well both things can be true I guess. Wise teaching and poor moral conduct.

But I guess my overall point is that the teaching was fllawed, unless he reconciled with it his moral failing.

If you get married and I have an affair with your wife, then anything I say should be called into question 

Edited by Raptorsin7

39 minutes ago, axiom said:

Maybe! Personally I think real awakening happens more readily to those with no spiritual path whatsoever. 

Yes. the mind must be clean of beliefs and expectations.

40 minutes ago, axiom said:

Why do you think that?

1 hour ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Consilience What do you think of people who claim to channel Jesus/Yeshua? Have you ever felt/looked into that?

I havent looked into it actually. Im open to the possibility but as always, self deception is a huge risk.