Spiral Wizard

What’s the difference between Sadhguru & Shinzen Young?

121 posts in this topic

I've never tried any of Shinzen's practices but I just got initiated into Suriya Kriya and I was blown away by the practice. If not for a friend recommending the practices so strongly I would not have assumed Sadhguru would have such potent practices. I think he just does all the interviews etc for marketing purposes to reach as broad of an audience as possible. 

Someone should host a spiritual olympics so we can really see who's the best.

2 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Someone should host a spiritual olympics so we can really see who's the best.

Lmao that would be a wet dream. Imagine millions of people watching enlightened masters go into samadhi for 2 weeks straight :x 

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

5 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I just got initiated into Suriya Kriya and I was blown away by the practice

@Raptorsin7 I’m intrigued, where can I learn more? 

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

Just now, Spiral Wizard said:

@Raptorsin7 I’m intrigued, where can I learn more? 

Look up the Isha institute and find an isha certified hatha yoga teacher who can give you the practice in person. I got the practice from the instructors house, 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the afternoon. She basically just taught us the 21 postures using a video instruction and then tried to refine our practice as we did it. 

I've heard that Shambhavi mudra kriya yoga has even more profound impact on your well being. There's an initation in September, and that intiation is online so that might be more accessible.

9 hours ago, Consilience said:

He really is dude. He really is. Of course he has no reason to flaunt about it or compare himself to others. Way beyond all of that. 

Lol everybody is triggered over who's favorite guru is more conscious :D

But to be fair, as far as i know, shinzen hasnt reached the final goal yet even, he still meditates and goes deeper. Where sadhguru has already reached the final depths of consciouness and full liberation few lifetimes ago. And he's a mystic, which goes beyond the ego dissolution and buddhist's enlightenment. Even if shinzen reached a final goal of buddhism, he would still be less conscious because there are other facets of consciouness beyond ego dissolution, that's the area of mystism where sadhguru resides. buddha and sadhguru would make a more interesting comparison for me.

Im just beying fair by saying this. No bias here.

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus How can you be confident Sadhguru has reached the limits of what's possible?

And how confident are you that Sadhguru is on the level of the Buddha? That seems like a strong statement, i'm skeptical.

1 hour ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Salvijus How can you be confident Sadhguru has reached the limits of what's possible?

Im just very conviced probably. And I've developed certain trust in his word over the years. He's very convincing if u attend his programs like bhava spandana or samyama where he blows 1000s of people into bliss and samadhi. 

Many things he does are very convincing how inhuman he is. How he runs his organization is alone enough to tell he's beyond human limitations. U just need eyes to see. It's plain obvious.

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

But to be fair, as far as i know, shinzen hasnt reached the final goal yet even, he still meditates and goes deeper. Where sadhguru has already reached the final depths of consciouness and full liberation few lifetimes ago. And he's a mystic, which goes beyond the ego dissolution and buddhist's enlightenment. Even if shinzen reached a final goal of buddhism, he would still be less conscious because there are other facets of consciouness beyond ego dissolution, that's the area of mystism where sadhguru resides. buddha and sadhguru would make a more interesting comparison for me.

People said the same thing about Sai Baba. They said he is an Avatar, that he has paranormal powers etc. And he was fake. Sadhguru is just another example of the same old delusion.

21 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

@Salvijus

People said the same thing about Sai Baba. They said he is an Avatar, that he has paranormal powers etc. And he was fake. Sadhguru is just another example of the same old delusion.

Mmm.. maybe. But how do u know thie one is the same? Like i sayed there are certain things u can't fake. U can't blow 1000s of people into samadhi and be fake. U can't make save soil movements and be fake. U can't relentlessly help humanity with ecological issues and be fake. Sadhguru's insane intelligence and goodheartedness is so easily provable and seeable with a naked eye. Calling him fake is the sloppyiest thing ive seen probably.

Edited by Salvijus

@Raptorsin7

12 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

@Bojan V Sadhguru has practices that can lead to genuine well being. That's a huge feat

I doubt that.

@Salvijus

12 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Mmm.. maybe. But how do u know thie one is the same? Like i sayed there are certain things u can't fake. U can't blow 1000s of people into samadhi and be fake. U can't make save soil movements and be fake. U can't relentlessly help humanity with ecological issues and be fake. Sadhguru's insane intelligence and goodheartedness is so easily provable and seeable with a naked eye. 

Idealization of others has many forms. "Bliss" is one of them.

Sai Baba had millions of followers, many still follow him today and they were also "blown into samadhi".

I don't believe in any of this "avatars" and "gurus". 

@Raptorsin7 can you be initiated to suryia kriya also online? 

You went to india to do this? Wow.. 

Edited by OBEler

@Bojan V it's not nessecarily to believe. His work and deeds speak for themselves. It's your constant denial of evidence and sloppy reaserch that is the problem...

Edited by Salvijus

2 hours ago, Salvijus said:

It’s clear you’ve drinken the actualized koolaid regarding Buddhist awakening. You should check out the Flower Garland Sutra if you want to see just how far the Buddhist path really goes. The sutra talks about omniscience, God, infinity, and the unfathomable depths of Awakening. Actualized.org as a whole has absolutely no clue what it’s talking about regarding Buddhism. Secondly, Shinzen’s not even a Buddhist. 

I think your bias is that you’re speaking from belief and ignorance regarding what you project to be the final goal of awakening. I mean same here, it’s good to acknowledge our biases. From what Ive studied, Shinzen teaches way more no bullshit, straight to the heart of the matter teachings than Sadhguru. There’s a reason Sadhguru appeals to the masses. The masses aren’t interested in true liberation, it’s not something that sells well at all. 

Edited by Consilience

@Salvijus @Salvijus

13 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

@Bojan V it's not nessecarily to believe. His work and deeds speak for themselves. It's your constant denial of evidence and sloppy reaserch that is the problem...

His work and deeds don't speak for themselves. Just like work and deeds from Sai Baba didn't speak for themselves.

I never accept "evidence" based on blind following. If that is a problem, i'm fine with that.

The heat and conflict energy is going up guys...

Here's a simple argument that u can't win. Shinzen is still meditating and trying to go deeper. Sadhguru is already done looong ago. 

The end.

2 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

@Salvijus @Salvijus

His work and deeds don't speak for themselves. Just like work and deeds from Sai Baba didn't speak for themselves.

I never accept "evidence" based on blind following. If that is a problem, i'm fine with that.

That's cool. Your opinion may change some day. The difference is u never experienced his programs so u have no evidence of his potential like i do. From your point of view u feel right. From my point of view im just dissapointed in humanity.

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus @Salvijus Did you saw my link on YouTube where a fake Guru can blow 1000 people into bliss? 

Sadghuru has no time for meditating, he is ruling an ashram. Otherwise He would still Do his yoga /meditation exercises