Bubba66

Why Is The Default Way Of Living Mechanical?

9 posts in this topic

I wonder why people insist on leading mechanical lives if left to their own devices. I mean, it certainly comes down to laziness, or a conservation of energy for survival in a more threatening environment. But even at that, wouldn't people want to be aware and fully in control (responsible) for their actions? Even after pointing out a backfiring mechanism to a friend of mine who has been mechanically avoiding talking to women, he still insists on sticking with his old ways. My guess, as Leo has also pointed out before, is that this method of avoidance has proven to be successful to his lizard brain; he hasn't died and still has the bare necessities, so why go out on a limb, right?

But what I'm getting at is really deeper than my friend's love-life. It's this: why do societies, governments, and people at large design structures and institutions to promote low awareness, or mechanical and automatic living? Like, for example, the cookie cutter routes a student can take in university. 

Step 1 pick an "interest"

step 2 pick a major

step 3 get good grades

step 4 get a connection, land a job and pay your debts.

That is just one example of a process that, while not inherently evil, just promotes mechanical reactions to living life. Another example is with technology. Now-a-days, automated cars and machines are taking the place of people. Why? Because, on a deep and primal level, people assume that relieving themselves of responsibility is the right direction to move in, and that the more they do so, the easier and more fun life becomes. 

Anyone who has watched any of Leo's videos, or read any books about back firing mechanisms ("Taming your inner gremlin" is a good one), knows just how flawed this assumption is. So, back to my question: why do people at large stray away so strongly from higher consciousness and toward the easy, yet backfiring, path of mechanical living?

Bonus question: If you were the president or a person of omnipotent power, what would be your first actions toward promoting a worldwide push towards awareness. 

(Please excuse the naivety in advance, I'm obviously not an authority on high consciousness living, but I do strive to self-actualize and honor my life purpose).

It sounds to me like you are far enough down the path to be able to see the mechanical life (most don't), but not far enough that you realize the magnitude of the difference in consciousness. I think you should feel great about where you're at.  There are 7 billion people each on there own path. I agree, the majority are in the low zone.  I bet you'll start seeing the gap and getting comfy with seeing what lot of people can't see. Anyways, in short, they can't see what you can see. The right thing at the right time, and people do wake up slowly. Like, when you hear "Mars" you imagine the cosmos and an enormous planet, and they heard "Meijers". Be nice to them.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 8.2.2017 at 4:32 AM, Phil said:

It sounds to me like you are far enough down the path to be able to see the mechanical life (most don't), but not far enough that you realize the magnitude of the difference in consciousness. I think you should feel great about where you're at.  There are 7 billion people each on there own path. I agree, the majority are in the low zone.  I bet you'll start seeing the gap and getting comfy with seeing what lot of people can't see. Anyways, in short, they can't see what you can see. The right thing at the right time, and people do wake up slowly. Like, when you hear "Mars" you imagine the cosmos and an enormous planet, and they heard "Meijers". Be nice to them.

Great input, I think I somewhat got what you meant by your last sentence, but I dont really know what Meijers is?

High consciousness stems from inquiry and research. The default position in life is to suck up beliefs without questioning them.

Just remember how unconscious you were before doing self-help.

If you can't, that means you're not deep enough yet, that's ok.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Bubba66 The self's purpose is survival, not truth or consciousness.

You might as well ask, "Why don't people like shooting themselves in the head?"

To pursue consciousness is to voluntarily kill yourself. You're not aware yet that that's what you're really embarking on here. If you become aware of it too soon, you'll stop. You still think it's just a cute metaphor. Wait till you discover that it's not a metaphor.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

51 minutes ago, Tancrede Pouyat said:

High consciousness stems from inquiry and research. The default position in life is to suck up beliefs without questioning them.

That is a disgusting generalization, that is quite groundless. In your "default" position, when you're born, you dont have an ego. The ego is developed theough people pointing at your bod saying " hey its you, this is You John".

It is only when a seed of fear is hammered into you where you start dwelling on beliefs 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

The death of the ego allows total freedom from the probabilistic nature of one's life. The death is not the pinnacle, the freedom is. 

The paradigm is that when you master the patterns of how you spend your time to the point you no longer do anything that is unfavorable to you and do everything that is favorable to you, then you see the patterns and causation and are freed from them.

Like the Big Bang is a constant birthing of the now, you are perpetually being born so that you can wake up.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE