Unleash

Constructive Criticism for Leo on the next evolution of his work

15 posts in this topic

Hey Leo, just finished watching your video on the next evolution of your teachings, and wanted to give a couple of my thoughts. I agree with almost all of what you said in that video, I just wanted to give my personal opinion on how you could improve your videos in the future. As for myself I've been following your work for a couple years, and it has greatly improved my life. I've been doing things like daily meditation, I'm finishing up your life purpose course(I love the course), watched a lot of your videos and taken notes and done a couple psychedelic trips. On the topic of you talking to intelligent/dumber people, I'd recommend you speak more to your intelligent audience. Often when I'm watching your videos, it'll feel like your talking to me as if I'm an idiot. You'll go on and on with examples and objections that to me seem painfully obvious. I'll often be able to predict the conclusion you're going to come to before you even say it, after which you'll go into many, many examples. An example or 2 is often useful, but it gets annoying when go on and on when I got the point after the first example. Also, you spend so much time with the objections, personally I very rarely resonate with any of the objections you mention. Many times you have already disproven that objection many times in the video before you even bring it up. I feel that this is especially unnecessary for your more spiritual content. If someone was dumb enough to come up with that objection, there's no way they understood anything mentioned in the video. I understand that there will be dumber people watching your content, but I'd argue that if they are coming up with so many objections, they aren't ready to implement the material in their lives anyway. You've said in the past that the whole reason you're making this content is for those of us that will see this process through till the end, if that's the case I don't think a lot of the examples/objections are necessary - it's the more intelligent members of your audience that will see this through, and for the record I am one of the people committed to self-actualizing and seeing this through till end. You mentioned that you think your videos are 90-95% signal and 5-10% noise. I'd argue that currently many of them are only 70-80% signal, because of the copious amount of time wasted on examples and objections. If you must bring up all the objections, I'd recommend saving them for the end of the video, which it seems you already often do so that is good. You mentioned in the video that one thing you want to do is make the videos more succinct. I think that this is a great idea and something you should put a lot of focus on immediately. I feel that many of your 3 hour long videos could have been cut down to half the time or less and still have the same effect. I don't mean for this to come off as hate - I have a lot more positive things to say about your content than bad and it has helped me a lot, you're a hell of a lot better than anyone else I've found on YouTube. I'm very much looking forward to the courses your working on and to growing along with you in the future!

Thanks for the feedback.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Personally like them objections and warnings. But, sometimes you do repeat things. 

I like it because it helps me deepen your points. Sometimes I don't have any objections with you, but when you share them I sense I understand the social landscape better as I assume... that the objections are things you've had or others also have.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I don't just repeat things. I do comprehensive lists of examples to show how widely an abstract principle applies. You don't see the breadth otherwise.

It's easy to communicate a principle, it's hard to communicate its breadth and significance.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Honestly, I generally enjoy the full episodes without complaints. I resonate with most of your epistemology and sometimes don't. I like what I read in Vernon Howards work about not always liking or agreeing with a teacher.

I like the points, objections, possible interpretations etc. I like hearing someone think like that as well. I am hoping that by doing my own work, plus listening to someone who seems so well thought out my own ability to think will improve over time. So far, I think it's working. I like the impact I have on those around me lately. 

◭"89"

I absolutely agree. I really hope you let go of the constant disclaimers and simple minded objections. We want depth and complexity instead of hypothetical back and forth between you and those 2 percent of viewers who are too dim to get your points otherwise.

I personally love the many examples

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

13 hours ago, Phil777 said:

I absolutely agree. I really hope you let go of the constant disclaimers and simple minded objections. We want depth and complexity instead of hypothetical back and forth between you and those 2 percent of viewers who are too dim to get your points otherwise.

Your making assumptions lol 2%

◭"89"

Videos totally could be cut in half with zero loss in actual content.  There's a reason I watch every video from Leo at 3x speed.

Most people who watch the videos are intuitives who immediately get whatever concept gets mentioned.

"Infinity of Gods?  Ohh ok, I get what you mean" * Leo keeps explaining it for 2 more hours *

"If everyone likes you, no one will love you."

By trying to cater to every type of person, you end up catering to everyone's needs poorly.

Edited by thisintegrated

LOL. Just do your thing. Length of time is of no issue (to me at least) and there's even a Clips channel. 

It's up to him ultimately how he wants to express things. Feedback okay but don't get controlling about it. You don't tell an artist what to paint on the canvas and this isn't all that different. Respect someone's creative autonomy is what I'm saying. :P

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

@thisintegrated idk man. For example when Leo says “humanity is basically full of shit” is totally different than he listing all the individual people or types of people who are full of shit. It’s more in depth. I like it anyway.

◭"89"

On 7/14/2022 at 0:45 PM, SamC said:

I personally love the many examples

@Leo GuraSame. One reason why is because, even though 90% of the time the "but Leo..." examples don't apply to me, it helps me to realize the perspectives and mental blocks that others may have. This is especially useful to me because I work with helping drug addicts and people with mental illnesses and I frequently find myself forgetting how different there ideas and perspectives are from my own. Keep up the good work.

On 15.7.2022 at 2:56 AM, Thought Art said:

Your making assumptions lol 2%

Yes.

@Leo Gura My advice for you Leo is not just teach concepts but actually start radiating god consciousness. Make your body a temple of god. Then you won't have to do all the ego editing ;)

That would truly be the next level of actualized.org. And it would be the end of your health problems also. 

I would have to say his videos are a tool for my development and his evolution video is exactly where my growth is leading and many things he explains I've expierenced such as not knowing how common mental health is and I do suffer from it and arrogance by cutting through bs or the technical info by growing faster cuz its distracts me. My opinion is the video is a great example in teaching conscious leadership. 

Edited by MotivatedByMusic177
Typo