Vision

I am going to do a solo retreat next week. What should my schedule be like?

12 posts in this topic

I am going to be doing a 3 day solo retreat next week. This is something that I have yet to try since getting my health issues, so I am willing to see if this improves anything and I am hopeful that it will. 

Raising my consciousness during this retreat would be good, but my main goal during this retreat is to rewire my brain to make it so that the hard things are easier and more enjoyable to do, so I am trying to reduce how stimulated my brain is, A.K.A a "Dopamine Detox". I've also been using food as a coping mechanism so I think this will help with that too.

I will completely avoid the internet, do intermittent fasting + a carnivore diet, and only do a few activities (will mention below). I also want to feel a lot more present, and in touch with reality. 

Here are my questions:

1. What activities should I do? 
    • I am thinking of doing these activities (and only these activities) during the retreat:
      1. Kriya Yoga
        • I bought physical copies of the books on Kriya Yoga in Leo's book list. I will be using the books during the retreat.
      2. Introspection/Journaling
        • I have some introspection exercises I am ready to do during the retreat.
      3. Meditation
      4. Mindfulness Meditation
      5. Shamanic Breathing and/or Wim Hof breathing (I am not sure which one to do or if I should do both)
        • I will be having a downloaded MP3 or MP4 file of a guided shamanic breathing session. Haven't chosen it yet so if you have any suggestions let me know.
    • Do you have any suggestions for what else can be added to this list?
  2. What should my schedule be like? 
    • To make sure I that I stick to the activities I am going to do, I need to have a schedule so that I know what I should be doing at all times. I don’t ever want to be asking the question “What should I be doing right now?” at any time during the retreat.
    • To answer this question I need to have an idea of how long I should practice these activities and techniques for. How long should I be doing each of the activities for? 

Is anything else I should consider for this retreat? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) 

Good on your for setting up a solo retreat.

If I were you, I wouldn't be too regimented with my time. Boredom is your friend.

How many of the above activities are already a habit?

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

1. What should my schedule be like is CO-DEPENDENT. This is a question you ask yourself.

The proper question if you do not want to be co-dependent is to ask people what activities they like so you can choose based on their suggestions what sounds good. I'm not sure you meant it but the question implies you want someone else to tell you what do.

The purpose of the retreat is freedom. You want to free yourself by taking ownership, absolute ownership of all your decisions. Meditation is ownership, Yoga is ownership. Journaling is ownership. It is the part of you that realizes that accountability to one's self is freedom from the illusion of things happening to you.

So there is nothing wrong with looking for suggestions. But nobody should be telling you what your schedule should be like. Only you can do that. You are the President, we are just your Cabinet offering suggestions.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

You are the President, we are just your Cabinet offering suggestions.

?? That's great.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

7 hours ago, Vision said:

• I will be having a downloaded MP3 or MP4 file of a guided shamanic breathing session. Haven't chosen it yet so if you have any suggestions let me know.
    •  

Vincit omnia Veritas.

7 hours ago, Razard86 said:

1. What should my schedule be like is CO-DEPENDENT. This is a question you ask yourself.

The proper question if you do not want to be co-dependent is to ask people what activities they like so you can choose based on their suggestions what sounds good. I'm not sure you meant it but the question implies you want someone else to tell you what do.

The purpose of the retreat is freedom. You want to free yourself by taking ownership, absolute ownership of all your decisions. Meditation is ownership, Yoga is ownership. Journaling is ownership. It is the part of you that realizes that accountability to one's self is freedom from the illusion of things happening to you.

I mostly just want an idea of how long I should do the practices for and what practices I should consider doing, not an exact, rigid schedule. That’s why I said “be like” and not just “be”. 

7 hours ago, Razard86 said:

So there is nothing wrong with looking for suggestions. But nobody should be telling you what your schedule should be like. Only you can do that. You are the President, we are just your Cabinet offering suggestions.

That’s a really nice way to put it :) 

10 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

Thanks for your suggestion :) 

@Leo Gura 

Have you tried combining a solo retreat with a water fast? I am considering doing a water fast. 

@Vision wake up 4 am 

Meditate 4 30 to 6 30 pm 

Breakfast Break upto 8 00 am 

Meditate 8 00 to 10 00 am 

Break upto 10 30 

Meditate 10 30 to 12 30 pm 

Lunch Break upto 2 00 pm

Meditate 2 00 to 4 00 pm 

Tea Break upto 5 pm 

Meditate 5 00 to 7 00 pm

Break upto 8 00 pm 

Meditate upto 9 00 pm 

Sleep 

Notice dinner is missing 

On 7/14/2022 at 7:36 AM, Vision said:

@Leo Gura 

Have you tried combining a solo retreat with a water fast? I am considering doing a water fast. 

Done it, very difficult, was 5 days.

Music is Love in disguise.

Imagine a future where Self Integration, Exploration and Creation is  normalized and encouraged.

https://wakingcall.com/

On 16/07/2022 at 4:55 AM, Realms of Wonder said:

Done it, very difficult, was 5 days.

@Realms of Wonder What helped you stick to it?

On 7/9/2022 at 0:22 PM, Razard86 said:

Meditation is ownership, Yoga is ownership. Journaling is ownership. It is the part of you that realizes that accountability to one's self is freedom from the illusion of things happening to you.

Wow very well put