Tyler Robinson

Does IQ correlate with the kind of discussions we have?

27 posts in this topic

@Roy I LOVE your user picture. 

Gave me inspiration for an art project.:)

Awareness/stage is basically what IQ is supposed to be.

IQ tries to be a measure of awareness, but ends up only measuring a specific part of it.

Many selfish business schemes are considered intelligent but selfishness is not very intelligent.

Science and academia is considered very intelligent but it's pretty dumb a lot of times.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Intelligence is the most important thing about a person (maybe connected to their goodness, consciousness, love, beauty, or whatever else), though there are multiple types of intelligence, a certain complexity or beauty in every field.

Personally in my experience, I think how you were raised matters more. (If both parents were there for you with a lot of love)

There are intelligent people out there that had an awful upbringing and there are dumb people who were loved by their parents and had a normal fun childhood.  The high IQ person could be an insufferable douchewad, who has to correct you and always be right (even when they're wrong) while the dumb idiot could be a happy dumb idiot and could spar and learn new things from you in interesting discussions (assuming you are smart).  And then there's trauma as a child compounded into that but we won't go into that.

4 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

There are intelligent people out there that had an awful upbringing and there are dumb people who were loved by their parents and had a normal fun childhood.  The high IQ person could be an insufferable douchewad, who has to correct you and always be right (even when they're wrong) while the dumb idiot could be a happy dumb idiot and could spar and learn new things from you in interesting discussions (assuming you are smart).  And then there's trauma as a child compounded into that but we won't go into that.

Fair point. 

But you're saying is a bit of a stretch. You're using extreme examples like cherry picking. The people with high IQ who are also annoying to deal with are actually a minority. Not everyone high IQ is irritating. 

Now I don't know about your experience so I can't speak for you. But from my personal experience, it was incredibly difficult for me to deal with low IQ people. They couldn't come up with creative ideas, they were also low on Eq,  they couldn't handle technology, they couldn't have an intellectual conversation, they couldn't analyze a situation, they failed to apply logic, and what was consistent with these people is that they engaged in drama, nonsense, rambling, destructive criticism, gossip, finger pointing, character assassination, too much personal talk, labeling etc. Mostly gossip. Nothing productive would ever come about out of being associated with these people whether it was friendship or romance or even a casual encounter. Everything always ended in disaster. Just being around these people was extremely toxic overall. It was like wasting time with dumb people who have nothing better to offer 

I think high IQ has a lot of significance and it should be taken very seriously. I'm not talking about high IQ in terms of numbers, digits or test scores.  You know someone is higher IQ than others when you talk to them. They generally add a lot of creative insights, ideas, their verbal communication is more complex, they can offer better solutions and they tend to make logical arguments. They also do well in life with regard to family, money, success etc. They basically have their life in order. 

What I found is that being around such people is a breeze, no drama, no stress and just generally cool people to hang out with, less toxicity and few bad experiences. 

Once again this is my personal experience, I can't speak for others. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Hmm, must be location.  My experiences have been opposite of what you're describing.