Leo Palhano

Psilohuasca

16 posts in this topic

I've been doing mushrooms since 2019 practically on a monthly basis. Been up to 7g in a single session with no problems at all so far.

A couple months ago I've started participating in indigenous Ayahuasca cerimonies here in Brazil and it has been pretty intense but also amazing for deeply healing myself and understanding/exploring reality.

Now I have this idea of mixing them both, thinking about 5g mushrooms + 80ml aya. Has anyone here done this before? If so, how was your experience?

@Leo Palhano

They’re both more the powerful enough to give you what you need. What do you need to combine them for?

All risk, no reward.

If I was your shaman, I’d not be happy.

@aurum thanks. I really don't know - the idea just popped up in my head and no bad intuitive feelings followed.

Many people absolutely love so called psilohuasca. This is a combination of an oral MAOI, often syrian rue, and psilocybin mushrooms.

Since you've used ayahuasca I presume you know about the potential dangers associated with MAOI use, so please be mindful and do your own research. Try the MAOI on it's own at least once, and when you do mix with mushrooms start with a significantly lower dose than usual.

Edited by halfknots

@halfknots thanks for your answer. I'll probably do that since this idea is strong within me and hasn't subsided in the last few days.

@Benton The full blown ayahuasca brew. Talked about it with my shaman and he was completely ok with it

I tried a low dose of this combo as an experiment (1 gram of dried mushrooms, 2 grams of mimosa hostilis root bark powder, and 150 mg harmine hcl)

At this dose, the dmt seemed dominant, with a slight mushroom vibe to the visuals and mental images. I have no idea how it would be at a higher dose.  In my limited experience, mushrooms have a certain pure quality that can be lost when combined with other substances.  But I think there’s still potential for interesting combos.  

Both are definitely powerful enough on their own, but seeing as they’re very similar molecules, I think it’s worth a try as long as you’re careful about the dose

Edited by bmcnicho

@bmcnicho Nice! I know what you mean when you say "pure quality" - that's exactly what has made me curious about mixing it with Aya. How will it behave? How far can I go if I just surrender myself in this intense manner? I'll experiment the combo with a low dose and see what happens ;)

@Benton you're right and I thank you for your advice. will test the waters at a lower dose and report back the results!

@aurum

On 6/21/2022 at 1:22 AM, aurum said:

All risk, no reward.

How can you be so sure?

12 minutes ago, Adodd said:

@aurum

How can you be so sure?

My point is that if your goal is truly consciousness work / healing, it’s not necessary to mix substances. Both Aya and mushrooms are plenty powerful on their own. You can always do a higher dose. But by mixing, you are adding extra variables and risk into something that already has a decent level of risk to it. 

Therefore, I question someone’s intentions for wanting to do something like this.

Do it if you want. I’m not your shaman. But I don’t see the point. Feels reckless.

@Leo Palhano
why not try normal psilohuasca a few times before you consider mixing them? Psilohuasca is much different than mushrooms or aya.

@Adodd beautiful trip report man. Thank you for sharing! My next Aya ritual is scheduled for the 19th - will probably try it this way.

Regarding mushrooms, do you always lemon tek? How do you prepare it? I always did them raw and am rather curious about the difference after reading your report.

@Leo Palhano I have always done lemon tek just to help avoid nausea. Apparently the acidity starts breaking it down and makes it easier on your stomach. It also apparently makes it a shorter trip but taking maoi will make up for that. Be careful. I did a much larger amount than what most people should probably do.

Ginger is another way to lessen nausea.