Preety_India

What do you think about music?

11 posts in this topic

Am I the only person who thinks that music can have deep impact on our brain chemistry. 

What are your experiences when you listen to music? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Ambient music can help me sought through heavy emotional baggage and pain.  Swimming in the melancholy and hurt and feeling it totally and completely.  Something about its repetition and simplicity can surface my pain and help me work through it.  It's on the same level as solitude.

Edited by Proserpina

???????

@Proserpina totally get ya. I'm digging into some lounge ambience as well. It does bring a difference to general mood I noticed. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Also music helped for getting better when I was in hell states.  Along with total isolation and nature. Strong correlation for heavenly (hyper sober) states and music.  So it does change brain chemistry - if you subscribe to that kind of theory. Reality is a mirror.  I'm trying to heal at the moment through music.  Even though I'm not able to pick up the results atm because there is no imbalance, no clear mirror,   I know it's working because it worked substantially before.  

???????

I was thinking about this the other day, funnily enough, wondering what it is exactly about music that can have such a profound effect on us. It's something that's definitely been a big part of my awakening journey I'd say, certain songs helped to open me up emotionally - most notably 'Soma' by the Smashing Pumpkins, which put me in touch with the deep loneliness I felt, and 'Codex' by Radiohead.

1 hour ago, NickH said:

I have damn near orgasmic experiences when listening to some of my favorite bands.

The second guitar solo on this one never fails me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-xTttimcNk

As soon as you said 'second guitar solo', I knew what it was. xD 

56 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

Ambient music can help me sought through heavy emotional baggage and pain.  Swimming in the melancholy and hurt and feeling it totally and completely.  

Interesting Freudian slip there. :) I know exactly what you mean about swimming in the melancholy and hurt though, that's been hugely cathartic for me in past - when you completely surrender to that feeling, you understand the beauty of sorrow.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

OH maybe music, neuro-feed back and AI can be used together to play the right melody to induce or move towards a specific brain state.

The neuro-feed back will feed the persons brain state to the AI and the AI learns how to move and change that brain state by playing a piece of music or sound at the right time. Each AI will custom learn and adapt to that individuals neuro patterns. 

Thanks for the idea. B|

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Music amplifies my emotions. Including sadness. It never cheers me up, it just amplifies whatever I'm already feeling regardless of genre.

I really like Genesis.

I can't live without music.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Music is very meaningful to me. Just laying on my bed with my headphones on and listening to old favorites or exploring new music. It helps me make sense of my feelings and is a great way for me to unwind at the same time it feels very meaningful. It is very healing for me. Both connects me with my inner child as well as pushes me to expand myself into new terrain. I. LOVE. Music :x

@Proserpina  Carbon are gold .... I think I have gone trough their discography for about 50+ times xD