Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShardMare

Why do i always want new stuff, new thoughts, philosophy?

12 posts in this topic

This is an addiction i realized in myself.

I always want philosophy and theorize and think.

I always think ok what can i do to improve myself?

While i should do these, i also shouldnt do them hard. Its stupid

self halt > self help

fast from the incessant consumption

you got to be nothing to get to be everything

Maybe it's an avoidance strategy. I think most of us just can't bear to be truly alone with ourselves, so we constantly look to distract ourselves if we're at a loose end.

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

1 hour ago, RickyFitts said:

Maybe it's an avoidance strategy. I think most of us just can't bear to be truly alone with ourselves, so we constantly look to distract ourselves if we're at a loose end.

Soo much truth in this statement

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

What do you feel before you go on munching concepts?

21 hours ago, RickyFitts said:

So true. 

@ShardMare are you avoiding taking action as well/procrastinating? Philosophising and theorising can be useful but only if paired with subsequent action (which is often 10x more gruelling), otherwise it's just thoughts in your head.

@Batman i feel i could feel better. Theres a need to improve myself. 

If i have good mindset i can do whatever i want

@itsnutsandbolts yes i actually take actions. 

I dont procrastinate

But how do i know i should learn from eckhart tolle?

Im 17 year old.

People either say work hard thrn will be happy, and other people say there are no problems we just imagine it we are fine etc

There are paradoxes everywhere

But ive made the choice to be more practical do more but also dont take it tooo seriously. I should work hard. 

2 hours ago, ShardMare said:

But how do i know i should learn from eckhart tolle?

Im 17 year old.

People either say work hard thrn will be happy, and other people say there are no problems we just imagine it we are fine etc

There are paradoxes everywhere

But ive made the choice to be more practical do more but also dont take it tooo seriously. I should work hard. 

Depends on if you are still schooling. 

If you are schooling, then you should concentrate more on your studies and get an Honours/Masters/PhD. 

If not schooling, you can study self help and improve yourself without worry about it affecting your study.

@ShardMare First off, good for you for being interested in self-improvement and personal development. You're 17 years old and that's a wonderful age to commence this journey. :)

After reading through this post, one thing which came to mind is that perhaps you are experiencing information overload and bombarding yourself with too much stuff at once which is creating a chaotic energy. Philosophy, for example, is a massive tree with many branches and it can get fairly overwhelming to learn, especially if you eagerly climbed right up to the top of that tree without really looking at its foundation yet, or seeking to find what's beneath that tree; digging up what's underneath...

Perhaps you're searching for a topic which can really inspire you. One which you can deeply and intimately connect with but haven't quite found it yet. It sounds like you could use a focal point to help ground you or a topic of interest which you can really sink your feet into. Maybe choose one topic to contemplate or focus on per week. Bury your heart and soul into that topic, and strive to grow familiar with the nuts and bolts of it, and then gradually work your way up to more complex, nuanced aspects of the material which you are studying. This will not only help you develop a deeper, more visceral understanding of the material, but it will also help stabilize your train of thought and ground your concentration so that you will ultimately feel more enriched and fulfilled from the learning experience. 

Hope this helps! 

Edited by VioletFlame

"Those who have suffered understand suffering and therefore extend their hand." --Patti Smith

"Lately, I find myself out gazing at stars, hearing guitars...Like Someone In Love"