Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

Is America becoming a dangerous country to live in?

11 posts in this topic

Ever since 2020, we have had waves of violent crimes that have caused the annual rate of murders to be higher than at any point since 1996. 

Nobody in America seems to be able to stop the constant rise of extreme right-wing fascism of the Republican Party. Everyday, I keep worrying about what will happen if or when the Republicans take back control of the House, Senate, and the White House by 2024.

The economic inequality in our country has reached its highest level in 52 years and it's only going to get increasingly as corporations and the rich are able to keep getting more economically powerful. 

Noam Chomsky has kept saying that the Republican Party has arguably become the 'most dangerous organization on earth,' but not enough people in America are getting it. He also has been trying  to tell everyone in America for years that the future of organized human life is at grave risk and yet the Republican Party keeps making it worse and not enough Democrats are taking it seriously enough.

How scared should Americans be about their safety and survival?

Becoming? America has always been a dangerous country to live in. The only saving grace of this country is that crime is concentrated in specific areas instead of being widespread so majority of the country doesn't have to feel its impact. Also the Republican Party is not the dangerous one its Fox News. Fox News literally creates mass shooters. Majority of the Domestic Terrorism that we know of as mass shootings is perpetuated by young white males with conservative views that were heavily influenced by Fox News. I remember one time a guy shot a Politician because Bill O'Reilly did a piece calling that Politician a baby killer because they were involved in pushing a bill that allowed abortion. 

Our media as a whole seeks to keep us divided. We are not the United States we are the Divided States. But forget about crime, the biggest issue that should be talked about is the failing relationship between Men and Women. In America and Modern Society around the world Birth Rates have plummeted. Marriages are decreasing as well. In America as well there is a current attempt to negotiate between Men and Women what their expectations are for a partnership enmasse and its looking like Divorce Proceedings lol. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

We're just spoiled to have grown up during the 90s and 2000s, a time of unprecedented peace and prosperity. Historically the world is always in turmoil, you just got lucky to avoid it so far. Now we are returning to 80s crime levels and economic conditions.

Republicans taking office is not going to make a material difference to your life vs Democrats being in charge. Look how much worse things have got with Biden. 

Ironically it was probably unconstitutional right-wing policies like Rudy Giuliani's stop and frisk in New York that brought us out of the crime-ridden 80s to begin with.

The government cant assure your safety and security, especially during an economic downturn and cutbacks. 

Police cant help you in most places already. My friend called the cops about a homeless person downtown harassing women and threatening to punch them in the face as they walked by and nothing was done. Even if someone gets arrested, the judicial system is broken and criminals get released back on the street until their court date months away. After George Floyd, police are afraid to even interact with minorities for fear of losing their jobs.

The only one that can look out for your safety and security is you. Get to know your immediate neighbors and form your own little neighborhood watch or enclave, nobody else is coming to save you. And things arent even really bad yet.

I personally witnessed a robbery a few months ago.

If you do live in America, I would recommend conceal carry, I do intend to do so. I’m really eyeing the ‘NAA Guardian .380 ACP’ 

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

living in America is sort of irrational. If your only goal in life was to survive, America would be at the bottom of your list.

But it's still a great country, probably the most social country I've seen.

2 hours ago, Yarco said:

Republicans taking office is not going to make a material difference to your life vs Democrats being in charge.

That is just demonstrably false, and an irresponsible attitude that encourages apathy and disengagement.

If you were one of the tens of millions who was helped by expanded unemployment benefits or the child tax credit under Biden, or were able to afford health insurance for the first time in your life thanks to the Affordable Care Act under Obama, you'd know that political policies do end up making a material difference to your day to day life.

And that's to say nothing of the fact that women in America are about to lose reproductive rights throughout much of the country as a direct result of the 2016 election. 

Politics doesn't matter only when you're privileged enough to be able to build walls between yourself and the problems being faced in the wider society.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

7 hours ago, DocWatts said:

That is just demonstrably false, and an irresponsible attitude that encourages apathy and disengagement.

If you were one of the tens of millions who was helped by expanded unemployment benefits or the child tax credit under Biden, or were able to afford health insurance for the first time in your life thanks to the Affordable Care Act under Obama, you'd know that political policies do end up making a material difference to your day to day life.

And that's to say nothing of the fact that women in America are about to lose reproductive rights throughout much of the country as a direct result of the 2016 election. 

Politics doesn't matter only when you're privileged enough to be able to build walls between yourself and the problems being faced in the wider society.

yeah, he must be kidding himself.

Also, I am not sure how useful neighborhood watches are, especially considering how much violent crime has been getting worse for 2 years now.

There’s a video online of a couple arguing with their neighbour in the US over shovelling snow

The neighbour walks into his house, picks up a pistol, walks out and shoots both of them until they’re incapacitated, they’re still alive, he walks back into his house, picks up an AR-15, walks back out and shoots both of them dead while they’re screaming on the ground

All of this happens in what seems to be a fairly normal, middle class, suburban neighbourhood

Pretty much only in the US would this happen. No, it is not a safe country to live in

19 minutes ago, something_else said:

There’s a video online of a couple arguing with their neighbour in the US over shovelling snow

The neighbour walks into his house, picks up a pistol, walks out and shoots both of them until they’re incapacitated, they’re still alive, he walks back into his house, picks up an AR-15, walks back out and shoots both of them dead while they’re screaming on the ground

All of this happens in what seems to be a fairly normal, middle class, suburban neighbourhood

Pretty much only in the US would this happen. No, it is not a safe country to live in

How do I find that video? 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

3 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

How do I find that video? 

Google “neighbours arguing over snow” and I’m pretty sure that’ll bring it up if you look enough

It was in Pennsylvania if I remember correctly

If this happened in my country it would actually make me fear for my life daily

Edited by something_else