Carl-Richard

If people are being mean to you in their journal, please block them.

153 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Blocking does not prevent people from talking about you. It will only make it less likely for you to read it when it happens.

So be it. All other solutions are shit in comparison. Journal locking doesn't ultimately prevent that either, only in your own journal. I've also thought about enforcing mutual blocking with warning points, considering I'm accused of being too passive.

What if mods could edit block lists of users? ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

So be it. All other solutions are shit in comparison. Journal locking doesn't ultimately prevent that either, only in your own journal. I've also thought about enforcing mutual blocking with warning points, considering I'm being accused of being too passive.

Yeah, it's tough. Don't listen to those critiques, you can't please everyone. There's this saying: "The judge between kids hanged himself."

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

19 minutes ago, Zeroguy said:

???

????

Bye.

@Carl-Richard to be honest blocking doesn't help psychologically. If you open a journal yourself and you know someone stated something nasty in it, it's hard to simply go on. 

You know there was a thread dog piling on you. You locked it. It feels the way you felt at the time. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

12 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

What if mods could edit block lists of users? ?

Blocked users don't disappear completely. Their comments are hidden but there's an option to show each one individually.

Blocking is not an effective option. The blocked user is not removed from your space like on Facebook where you'll never see that person again. They are only removed from your view. 

Plus others can quote the blocked user. And so you can see it again

2 minutes ago, Aleister Crowleyy said:

Yes, I received warning points from some moderator named roy... Leo gura just laughed off what I wrote. But, this Roy character had to assert his dominance and presence and threw warning points at me, threatening me.

I see. 

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Blocking is not an effective option. The blocked user is not removed from your space like on Facebook where you'll never see that person again. They are only removed from your view. 

Plus others can quote the blocked user. And so you can see it again

I also bet if we enforced mutual blocking, some of you would probably use multiple accounts to spy on each other. It's true; there is no effective solution. There never was. It's about what's pragmatic, and it does require some work on your part. Blocking (recommended or enforced) is certainly better than whatever half-assed solutions us mods have been coming up with up to this point.

39 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I also bet if we enforced mutual blocking, some of you would probably use multiple accounts to spy on each other. It's true; there is no effective solution. There never was. It's about what's pragmatic, and it does require some work on your part. Blocking (recommended or enforced) is certainly better than whatever half-assed solution us mods have been coming up with up to this point.

I agree. 

Just now, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Blocking on this site, is made in such a retarded way. Like, many many features on this site could be made better and more effective, and less obnoxious, even though it would take some extra work and money. But blocking takes the cake in it's non fuctionality.

The whole point of blocking, is to make that person VANISH. I don't want to see that person, or even a trace of that person, EVER AGAIN. Here, if you block someone, you are still forced to see their posts, their name, and you still see their posts - they only thing you don't see, is the content of those posts. So, I'm asking: what the fuck is even blocking for? What's even the point of blocking someone, if I still see their shit?

Right right right right right. 

You know I talked about this 2 years ago and still no change. 

@Carl-Richard I'm really glad I'm not a mod.

What you're dealing with here in this particular case is:

1. A person with personality disorders, victim's mentality, and mental illness(es).
  2. A person with personality disorders and poor boundaries.
  3. A person with complex PTSDs and mood disorders.

I don't know how you could resolve such conflicts, so again I'm glad that I'm not a mod.

The other conflicts that happened last week are similar. These things should not happen typically, but apparently when people get to know each other here, they develop some sort of emotional connection and expectations from each other. But since they're all unstable, this becomes problematic very quickly. I know this because I have been caught up in this dynamic before, because I used to have some similar problems. People come here with a lot of emotional baggage, so it's hard to manage them all without them clashing with each other and/or lashing out at you.

Obviously, none of them is bad. And actually, from my interactions with them, they're all good people with gentle hearts. They don't realize what they're doing at the time, but after some time it becomes clear and they try to make up for it. This has actually happened to me last year when one person attacked me publicly then apologized in private. It happened recently too, but with another person that doesn't have anything to do with this. Many people are going through hard times, I'm sure some mods even experience this (maybe this is one of those hard times haha).

Life may be hard, yes. But one thing for sure is that it doesn't ever stop for our problems and disagreements whether small or big and whether few or many, nor does it stop us from growing. I am sure that someday we will all look back at this thread and laugh with a pure heart filled with awe and nostalgia for the people that we'd wish we'd never hurt in any way.

15 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

Many people are going through hard times, I'm sure some mods even experience this (maybe this is one of those hard times haha).

I'm way too privileged to even comment on that ?

Just now, Knowledge Hoarder said:

Yeah, I mean I understand that things are not accomplished over night, it takes some time, and Leo is still a relatively busy person even though he pretty much went all in on being spiritual. But there should be something done about this for sure.

Also, I don't like the way "deleting your posts or topics" is worded. "Hide". Wtf is hide? Does that mean that you still have my posts and information at your disposal, and can do whatever you want with it? Or does it mean that it's trully deleted and erased forever? Because that's how I want it to be - GONE.

Also, why tf can't we just delete our forum accounts? I wanna be able to delete my old forum account, but I can't. The only option is pernament ban from a mod, but what does that accomplish? Absolutely nothing. The post are still there. This is beyond retarded.

Yea a lot of things are fucked up. I wish I could change my account name. 

@Knowledge Hoarder just imagine you tell a mod to ban your account and then you try to make a new account and it's says not allowed. Hahaha. Punked lol. :D:P

19 hours ago, Preety_India said:

RIP all her posts.

17 hours ago, thisintegrated said:

omg what's with the childish ego clashes on this forum??

It's like y'all ain't even pretending anymore to be anything above Blue.  At least try to fake Green or something.. smh..

They are still at concrete-operational.

13 hours ago, Proserpina said:

Well, I think you're all great and very talented.  

Spread the love.  

Actually, this is completely right. It's so much wasted creativity and energy turned into uncreative stasis.

19 hours ago, Loba said:

There are too many crazy people on this forum.

You know, I think you're pretty weird, and I'm gonna tell you why. Simply . . . unjustified bitchiness.

10 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

RIP all her posts.

They're not gone forever.

Emotions.

Actually, this is completely right. It's so much wasted creativity and energy turned into uncreative stasis.

Let me correct you again. Actually, let me not.

11 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

You know, I think you're pretty weird, and I'm gonna tell you why. Simply . . . unjustified bitchiness.

HEY

I'm fine with the bitchness, you can't be yourself in what has turned into nothing more than a public toilet.

Also, blocked.

Edited by Loba

2 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

What do you mean by "concrete-operational"?

I don't see it.

3 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

What do you mean by "concrete-operational"?

I don't see it.

The Piagetian correlate to Stage Blue.

Check my reddit, I'm chill af over there.   https://www.reddit.com/user/Oil-Fluffy  Here you go, see the diff?  Environmentally caused.
This place has a really crappy environment caused by people who should have been banned a long time ago.
I am more than willing to contribute to an environment that deserves some form of sentiment, but this place is nothing but pure fool's gold, and half the people here shouldn't be here, but we let them infect the place irregardless.  

AN, you just judge covers 'cause you ain't so bright.  Not a bright as you think you are.

Edited by Loba