Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ShardMare

How to stop being serious

9 posts in this topic

I have this problem for quite sometime now. Im either apathetic or serious. I've worked through my depression, fixed my trash thinking but still dont laugh very often. 

Socializing contains fun, humour. Imo u have to have deep friendships but also u have to learn how to small talk and have fun with normal people u know what i mean.

How should i think when im out in the school or like at my friends or at a party?

If i look at MBTI maybe my personality is close to INTP and ISTJ. But i push myself and also like doing new things sometimes

Im going to learn about humour and how to stop being serious soon

Definitely apathy. And that's caused by disconnection with the feeling inside the body. Seriousness is when your mind-body connection is poor and your consciousness is mostly located up in your head, into thinking. And so you don't learn to not be serious or you don't learn about humor. See how that's getting you more in your head? That's typical for apathy. You get more into your body through doing embodiment practices, you process your emotions that is driving apathy. There is always repressed emotions that is the reason you are serious and apathetic. If you release those emotions, naturally your body will come alive, feel joyful and you will filter reality through the feelings in your body rather than your thinking. 

It’s the game of the ego to be serious, as its’ survival is always at stake. 

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

ISTJ resources 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Find the physical manifestation of apathy in your body, it is very subtle but it is there. You will need to find the trigger of apathy, remember it and meditate on that sensation to release it. The body is the doorway to the emotions and inner world.

I'm a very serious person as well. I wouldn't say it apathy like others...its just a tendency or habit you picked up. My dad was very strict when I grew up and my desire to reach my parents expectations made me very strict out of habit. So its just a habit is all. I do agree with seriousness being an aspect of bein uptight, so yeah you have to learn to surrender to the present moment and allow whatever energy you pick up or connect with to flow through you. Playfulness is something Sadhguru talks about, it is something that can protect you from taking life and its annoyances so serious.

Life is a mind game...so we should definitely play more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-YYpKnRgcQ&list=PLimK6clJHdM2Rf1ZYfYQqAhd2YrNZ_prA&index=2&t=408s

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@JonasVE12 ok. If i do yoga, embodiment exercises will that do the job? 

I dont understand repressed emotions. How do u even notice it in your body?

@StarStruck how do i find it? Step to step?

@Benton im going to do it now. 

Im serious because if i feel emotional i also feel some anxiety and maybe im insecure about myself. I dont feel comfortable laughing sometimes

2 hours ago, ShardMare said:

@JonasVE12 ok. If i do yoga, embodiment exercises will that do the job? 

I dont understand repressed emotions. How do u even notice it in your body?

Become aware of your relationship with the outside world including other people. Is there any fear and shame when interacting with them? Are you held back emotionally in some way? Can you easily make new friends, meet girls and all of that? Or is there limiting stories and beliefs, negative feelings that is hindering you?

Just walk around your city, and notice in relation to the environment how free you are. Imagine doing different things, talking to people etc and notice where your body is saying 'no, you can't'. Those are the feelings you need to release through embodiment practices. And then naturally you will be more in your body. And then humor and joy flows from the body once your consciousness is flowing from your body unobstructed.

That seriousness is just there because apathy makes it so your body is tight and held back from that spontaneous free expression. Once you resolve the feelings (fear, shame, guilt) that is driving the apathy, you'll become less serious. 

Edited by JonasVE12