Siim Land

One Meal A Day (omad)

12 posts in this topic

How many of you have heard of either the warrior diet or OMAD - one meal a day. Basically, you fast the majority of the day and eat only at dinner. I've been doing it for almost a year and have never felt or performed better. It not only has amazing health benefits but also increases my productivity and sense of clarity during the day. What about you?

Here's my video, in which I explain why and how I do it:

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

@Siim Land Interestingly, when I eat a big healthy dinner, I don't even feel hungry till the following afternoon. I would have a green smoothy for brunch though, and do drink lots of alkaline water too. Would that be ok?

How have you not lost weight on this regimen? I've tried doing this along with a low carb diet, but I've lost so much weight that I've been supplementing with starches like sweet potatoes and wild rice. Is it water weight I'm losing? I've always been super skinny, but this is a bit much...

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

Yes me mad. Also this

53 minutes ago, jjer94 said:

How have you not lost weight on this regimen? I've tried doing this along with a low carb diet, but I've lost so much weight that I've been supplementing with starches like sweet potatoes and wild rice. Is it water weight I'm losing? I've always been super skinny, but this is a bit much...

Tried it, lost weight, suffered from hunger and energy problems and metabolism problems all the time, decided this can't be for me. Maybe for someone with a different body type and metabolism. I am too skinny for this shit and my metabolism is way too fast

Here's my key; Philosophy. A freak like me just needs Infinity.

@Natasha Yes, it's definitely very good. The idea isn't to feeling obligated to eat one meal a day. Instead, it's about incorporating intermittent fasting into your daily schedule in some shape or form for the health benefits.

@jjer94 Some of it's water but you're probably not eating enough calories. It's indeed very easy to undereat on keto because of the satiety effect. However, I'm currently building lean muscle with it very easily. You just eat more :D

Body Mind Empowerment 

So how much meat are you eating on this diet? The WHO recommends a maximum of 500 grams a week!

Im all for OMAD, most monks eat one or two meals a day, but they are vegetarians.

Starches, fruits and vegetables are what most scientist agree on is healthy food.

The body needs time to adapt, when it does the energy and everything else will be more noticeable.

It may also be calories but it may also be not enough nutrients from the food. Make sure you have some natural supplements or superfoods to supply your vitamins/minerals ect.. Until you master the art. Keep it up Siim

B R E A T H E

@Mats Well, the WHO also says that meat is cancerous, while NOT DISTINGUISHING between organic unprocessed meat (chicken, pork, beef) from highly processed meat (hot dogs, sausages, sugar covered bacon). There's a huge difference between them because the actual content of real meat in hot dogs is close to zero. 

However, that doesn't mean that eating meat doesn't have any dangers to it. Of course, you can damage your health by eating whatever. Setting specific amounts of certain nutrients as a one-size-fits-all solution doesn't make sense and is the worse way of doing it. A petite woman who is sedentary and weighs less than 60 kg has significantly different energy demands and macronutrient needs as The Mountain from Game of Thrones... 

Every food can be bad in excess and the most important aspect of it is the quality of what you eat. If it's highly inflammatory food, even something seemingly innocent, such as bread, canned beans or whatever, will still make you sick.

Body Mind Empowerment 

On 2.2.2017 at 8:56 PM, Siim Land said:

@Mats Well, the WHO also says that meat is cancerous, while NOT DISTINGUISHING between organic unprocessed meat (chicken, pork, beef) from highly processed meat (hot dogs, sausages, sugar covered bacon). There's a huge difference between them because the actual content of real meat in hot dogs is close to zero. 

However, that doesn't mean that eating meat doesn't have any dangers to it. Of course, you can damage your health by eating whatever. Setting specific amounts of certain nutrients as a one-size-fits-all solution doesn't make sense and is the worse way of doing it. A petite woman who is sedentary and weighs less than 60 kg has significantly different energy demands and macronutrient needs as The Mountain from Game of Thrones... 

Every food can be bad in excess and the most important aspect of it is the quality of what you eat. If it's highly inflammatory food, even something seemingly innocent, such as bread, canned beans or whatever, will still make you sick.

But do you agree that starches, vegetables and fruits are healthy and that these are the foods that the majority of your diet should contain off? I am no vegan or vegetarian, and I do not condemn meat in any way. I eat organic but also processed meat every now and then, but I would never eat it in excess which is what most people do.

One more question, do you consider organic meat to be healthy the same way starches, vegetables and fruits are healthy?

@Siim Land I'm vegetarian and I'm wondering how to fit enough food into my stomach to last a day? What does your meal look like?