Happy Lizard

The teachings of don Juan and Shamanism

12 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura

since we have an new section in the forum, I thought i’d ask if you are planning on making a video about shamanism and/or the teachings of Don Juan.

I’m interested because non of my trips I have had have any relation to what the books mentioned, and I initially bought the books following what you wrote in the book description: that you have  validated through your own experiences with psychedelics, that those supernatural events in the book matches your experiments.

the books mentions weird creatures, colorful auras, an egg shaped form that humans take, among other things …

For anyone else who’s read the books : have you had similar trips? Any idea how to interpret it ? Whats your opinion about the validity of these books?

Edited by Happy Lizard

If you want to see supernatural events or even magic of any kind you can set your intention to experience some for a psychedelic trip. With a high state of consciousness it is easy for these things to happen.

Personally I have found success with this method, but only when I have had intentions regarding very specifically towards magic and supernatural phenomena. Never otherwise during a trip have I seen anything like that.

I don't mean something like ritual magic or even something like clairvoyance or telepathy, but something more akin to what the indians call siddhis and what is often linked to shamanism.

You can experiment with what you are capable of during a trip if you are interested in this kind of thing.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

12 hours ago, Happy Lizard said:

following what you wrote in the book description: that you have  validated through your own experiences with psychedelics, that those supernatural events in the book matches your experiments.

the books mentions weird creatures, colorful auras, an egg shaped form that humans take, among other things

I never said that.

There is wisdom in the books, but don't take them literally or too seriously. Awakening will blow all that shit out of the water.

Mostly those books should be used as inspiration, not any literal description of reality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The Castaneda books are like Star Wars: mostly entertainment, a little bit of wisdom. 

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

@Leo Gura  you are right, I think I miss interpreted the description, it does say you've found that the spiritual wisdom is dead-on accurate. I took that as some of these experiences where true, but also for its very high rating in the psychedelics section, I though they would be more than novels.

my intuition guided me to believe that you've added them for the wisdom in them that's not very verbal or can't be expressed verbally, in this case I agree that they have profound lessons, some of which I have had delivered to me form my own background without me knowing. 

still I have one more question: since you also have a section for paranormal/super-natural, I don't understand why you include these books if you're approach is very direct and non-dual, is there any benefits in reading these books other than learning new stuff and having a curious/open-mind that you believe necessitate having them on the booklist? 

3 hours ago, amanen said:

Personally I have found success with this method, but only when I have had intentions regarding very specifically towards magic and supernatural phenomena. Never otherwise during a trip have I seen anything like that.

I don't mean something like ritual magic or even something like clairvoyance or telepathy, but something more akin to what the indians call siddhis and what is often linked to shamanism.

interesting, I haven't had that intent before, I just sorta take the dose and see what it does.

I have read in Ram Dass books he mentions as one of his most shocking acid trips on a high dose that he had manifest things that he though was as real as anything during these trips. 

also Stanislav Grof mentions that he've had a OBE on acid. 

some people claim seen wild shit on acid, I'm not sure if it's the dose their minds or intention as you say. 

@Leo Gura What would you suggest to do if some of your friends are a bit too open-minded and started taking some of the simillar stuff way too seriously and now it's their leading paradygm on reality?

Ehhrr, social domain is so tricky

@Leo Gura @Leo Gura I remember reading the first book and getting very disapointed with the content given that it is on your booklist. I believe you should consider removing it from the booklist. It was full of mumbo-jumpo stuff.

Castenada books are for shamans, but each shaman has their own path.  I've delt with inorganic beings before and work with them using intent.
They are called archons, or demons and I have one that does my bidding when I need to "take a step back" to retrieve certain information.

I find that it is better to follow synchronicity sometimes, and just see what happens without attaching anything to it.

If3ScTY.jpg

5W5nfau.jpg

Ol3z3ia.jpg

kvGFOCv.jpg

sCwRWGm.jpg

eGxvTbX.png

0X7nFQr.jpg

opPK5yT.png

G6EhFSd.jpg

olNn8WN.png

TFbYVDh.jpg

tF91Yt7.jpg

gd85sXJ.jpg

zBr1ml0.jpg

sQ3VJ5L.jpg

u3U0PDH.jpg

Ye5Yyjh.gif

Dt3Q5tk.jpg

rCl8MO8.jpg

ENOgKMk.jpg

JMMKRlf.jpg

mlCEE6W.jpg

V506YVE.png

wflBLLx.jpg

IXckm5e.jpg

You can bring IOB's forth for information pertaining to the other side.
I found some of his books interesting, but it isn't how I do things, though I do use some of his terminology because it's just easier...
There are some I use when gazing.  They symbolize life after death, the things that occupy that space in between.

4 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

@Leo Gura What would you suggest to do if some of your friends are a bit too open-minded and started taking some of the simillar stuff way too seriously and now it's their leading paradygm on reality?

Be grounded in your direct experience.

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Leo Gura @Leo Gura I remember reading the first book and getting very disapointed with the content given that it is on your booklist. I believe you should consider removing it from the booklist. It was full of mumbo-jumpo stuff.

They are great books and I have no reservations about recommending them.

I never said to take them literally. You need to be more intelligent about how you read books.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 5/9/2022 at 3:15 PM, Loba said:

I've delt with inorganic beings before and work with them using intent.
They are called archons, or demons and I have one that does my bidding when I need to "take a step back" to retrieve certain information.

could you explain more? do you have a trustworthy source that I can learn about this? 
not sure if I should look into it since your saying this knowledge is for shamans, but I have an interest in understanding things outside of my paradigm.

@Happy Lizard I don't really know how to explain how I do it.  I just focus and push my consciousness and intent outwards towards death, the real death - and I can then see synchronicities about my death happening in real-time, and it "illuminates" or comes alive through presence, and if I slow my thought process down and really focus, I can garner information from this "in-between" space.

I'm using terminology that I have found the most fitting, however it "feels" like just a download from a higher source, and I just follow my intuition, write it down, observe the image, and then take in the message.  Sometimes music helps with this process - it creates events in the real world, too, like how the green light is perfectly on the IOB below, and my salt lamp flickered like flames for this one time - there was a feeling of "alive activation".  Hard to explain, but the being then "sat down" in the chair and explained that God can be found in something as small and subtle as a light turned green on the chair of a yard painting - they come in through divine circumstance - I know so little about them, and plan to start an altar soon to understand them better, bring them more into this world and see what they are all about, because I'm still quite clueless.

cOwFPIR.jpg

Sometimes I will take old bits and remake them, and then gaze - I turned this one from a demonic being into something more divine - it represents a philosophy of the beauty of nature and of life still standing despite the actions that humans commit.  I put him in my artwork, which showcases some of these truths to see if there would be any change in the world - I'm sort of playing around with these archetypes/demons/archons/IOB's - they just appear when I am looking in the right way.  I tried to make this one more androgynous. 

VOSOHon.pngs8IxWhy.jpg?1

So with this artwork, it is a living piece that I can meditate on as I work on it, and it offers wisdom into the nature of what is beyond.
I still don't know what is beyond, because beyond keeps coming into this reality, rather than me moving into that reality - it will take more bravery and honesty on my part to actually reach a hand in and really have a grasp at what I am doing.

SCzxgrG.jpg

"Words give form" - the IOB's can come in through a philosophy expressed in many artforms, so I made a playlist that goes into this process as well.

So each of these lyrics goes with a different world problem that needs some sort of resolution, and I am trying to bring forward information on how to do that while meditating on, and working on the art.  It is alchemy, "nigredo/albedo/citrinitas/rubedo" altogether.  The Philosopher's Stone, or Teotle.

The Red Book, Seth Speaks by Jane Roberts, The Castaneda Subreddit - just a bit of this and that, with heart, humility, curiosity, Love and seeing humanity.

It's a shift in awareness from material to animism.

medium.gif

Over time, these things - come alive and you learn about the other side - but it is purely symbolic.  I just have a toe in the door of understanding.

And there is so much information out there to attempt to explain what I am trying to, that nothing works except for art.

I think there are things on the other side trying to communicate and guide humanity, but that's just a guess.  All I know is I see an awareness that is more meditative and higher than mine, and the more I observe, the more aspects of my own humanity become activated.

But maybe I'm deluded, that is also a possibility, but the thing is once I accept that possibility, I just get closer - and what I observe becomes even more alive - like an intention that is beyond this world, just a veil away, ready to give us all the answers if we could jump into the "death pool".  That's what it is, like being a kid afraid to jump off the high dive.

original.gif

Hopefully that came out right, I don't know how to talk about them because what they say is so little, yet so much.

I think if, other beings saw us, they would see the ways in which we are encased by reality and would try to break us free.