ndm678

No Self or Doormat

14 posts in this topic

"The path is easy, for those who have no preference" 

It's not about not having preferences, it about not being attached to those preferences. This is where the title comes in.

I find people take this lack of attachment as; low motivation, unknowing, or people pleasing Doormat. You can see the inner swindler bloom. You watch them run their little jig, you've run similar jigs so it's easy to recognize.

How do you surf with that? I ultimately don't care how others perceive me. It's entertaining to see someone's inner swindler surface, and what they do with it. Well, it's entertaining the first 10 times. 

I guess I can put my mask back on and go act in the show, for the sake of the show.

I am that I AM

Oh yeah like me. It's fun to see myself frightened to be judged by someone. It's sometimes amusing to be ugly and dumb. But there aren't many communities where people see the humor in that...

no self isn't loving everyone but knowing who how and how much to love

indiscriminate love is a waste and besides most won't recognise your love as love ... love isn't roses and bunnies

4 hours ago, ndm678 said:

"The path is easy, for those who have no preference" 

It's not about not having preferences, it about not being attached to those preferences. This is where the title comes in.

I find people take this lack of attachment as; low motivation, unknowing, or people pleasing Doormat. You can see the inner swindler bloom. You watch them run their little jig, you've run similar jigs so it's easy to recognize.

How do you surf with that? I ultimately don't care how others perceive me. It's entertaining to see someone's inner swindler surface, and what they do with it. Well, it's entertaining the first 10 times. 

I guess I can put my mask back on and go act in the show, for the sake of the show.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

You have the right to act for yourself and make yourself feel good. You have no reason to do anything you dont want to. You are god and you live for yourself. You do good things for yourself as God because you recognize yourself in them. Live according to a morality driven by love and take no shame in where your love leads you. 

"No self" as people pleasing = spiritual bypassing.

10 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

But there aren't many communities where people see the humor in that...

Great. Disintegrate attachments so you can hear others talk about theirs......

6 hours ago, TheOneReborn said:

You do good things for yourself as God because you recognize yourself in them. Live according to a morality driven by love and take no shame in where your love leads you. 

This is solid Gold. Thank you

1 hour ago, SeaMonster said:

"No self" as people pleasing = spiritual bypassing.

I don't engage in people pleasing, It 'feels' doormatty. Or forever 'turning the other cheek'. I hold my own, but it 'feels'

I am that I AM

24 minutes ago, ndm678 said:

I don't engage in people pleasing, It 'feels' doormatty. Or forever 'turning the other cheek'. I hold my own, but it 'feels'

It "feels" what?  Either it's an appropriate reaction to the situation you find yourself in or it isn't.  If you're conflicted then either something in the equation is missing or something extraneous is present.

8 hours ago, TheOneReborn said:

You have the right to act for yourself and make yourself feel good. You have no reason to do anything you dont want to. You are god and you live for yourself. You do good things for yourself as God because you recognize yourself in them. Live according to a morality driven by love and take no shame in where your love leads you. 

Morality is a trap. Morality judges.... and judgment is not of God, only Satan/Devil/Ego judges. So if you use morality as a map of life you will just be a devil and will judge yourself and others.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

3 hours ago, Razard86 said:

Morality is a trap. Morality judges.... and judgment is not of God, only Satan/Devil/Ego judges. So if you use morality as a map of life you will just be a devil and will judge yourself and others.

This line of thought is too dangerous (and radical) for today's world. Try again in a couple of hundred years at best. 

Let's put the example of someone who ruins others' lives for his benefit. Let's say he ruins my career (think Dave Harken from Horrible Bosses) and I notice that, if he was no longer in this world, my life would be back in order. I could easily pay a hitman to get rid of him and leave no trace. 

Based on this, you shouldn't judge me, because all I did was protect my career no? And this is a very light situation compared to others that happen in today's age.

9 hours ago, SeaMonster said:

It "feels" what? 

You recognize the 'universal fabric' looking back at you. You lightly feel bad for the other person, because they feel the need to pull those levers. You obviously don't let them walk over you.

But I do feel sorry for them, and then move on.

I am that I AM

6 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

Let's put the example of someone who ruins others' lives for his benefit. Let's say he ruins my career (think Dave Harken from Horrible Bosses) and I notice that, if he was no longer in this world, my life would be back in order. I could easily pay a hitman to get rid of him and leave no trace. 

Based on this, you shouldn't judge me, because all I did was protect my career no? And this is a very light situation compared to others that happen in today's age.

You could try speaking with the person directly and let them know how you feel. 

And then if that didn't work you could go and file a claim with human resources(HR).

A lot a times things get ugly because people are unaware or unfamiliar with the other options that were literally put in place for a reason.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

3 hours ago, ndm678 said:

You recognize the 'universal fabric' looking back at you. You lightly feel bad for the other person, because they feel the need to pull those levers. You obviously don't let them walk over you.

But I do feel sorry for them, and then move on.

Oh ok, I don't find anything wrong with that.

9 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

This line of thought is too dangerous (and radical) for today's world. Try again in a couple of hundred years at best. 

Its not too radical, its very simple actually. If you see everyone as YOU, then why would you harm them? Why would you judge them? THEY ARE YOU!! Morality creates unrealistic expectations. And whenever you fall short in words, thoughts or deeds you are deemed unworthy. The fact that you believe in morality means you deem others and yourself unworthy. This causes you and others to creates distortions or shadow aspects of yourself. 

Again morality is a trap, one of the greatest traps actually and is the cause of so many people walking around angry. Ever heard of righteous anger? Righteous anger is born out of morality and is literally the most hypocritical thing. In the words of Jesus "He who is without sin cast the first stone." You cannot judge the imperfection of others if you yourself are imperfect.

If you lie, you are just a couple degrees from thievery, if you steal, you are just a couple degrees from murder, if you try to control other people you have become a rapist, as rape is not just physical, it is also mental and emotional. For example slavery is rape, it is forcing yourself upon someone against their will. So violence is rape, bullying is rape. We all have committed evil just in various degrees and then we think we have the right to judge someone? It is so hilarious!!!! and so hypocritical!!!

Even worse the irony is everything you see and experience IS YOU!!! So you are just judging yourself!! And what does that accomplish? It accomplishes absolutely nothing.

So again I say to you....Morality is a trap. If you engage in morality you are choosing to be a devil, and that is fine...be a devil if you want!!!

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.