Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hardkill

Will Trump never be held accountable for his crimes?

22 posts in this topic

It's already been close to a year and a half now since Trump first faced a flood of legal allegations made against him. No prosecutor or investigator throughout the entire country has ever been able to bring Trump to justice for any of the crimes he has ever committed throughout his entire life. Yet, more and more experts are saying that doesn't seem like he will ever be charged with, let alone be imprisoned for any of the crimes he has ever committed because of how challenging and complicated it these cases have been turning out to be and given how difficult it is in general to convict a high-profile individual of any crime.

They also say that if none of these legal cases ever become successful at all, then it will embolden all of his followers and may even get more people to think that Trump was "right all along" about the entire system being corrupt and that all of these cases made against him were nothing but a major "witch-hunt."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/03/why-criminal-cases-against-trump-are-doomed/627113/

This is extremely disappointing and sad. We all thought that one big reason Trump didn't want to lose the 2020 election was because of how scared he was of being in massive legal jeopardy he would be after no longer being POTUS.

What happened to the idea that "devilry loses in the end?" Will Trump's devilry never result in his comeuppance?

Edited by Hardkill

Perhaps the last thing you Americans need now is for half the population to watch their Supreme Leader become their generations biggest Martyr..

..in their eyes?

,,,just maybe? 

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

I hope Trump doesn't live much longer.

@Hardkill Are you scared of him? And if not, what does his death serve you?

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

8 minutes ago, Reciprocality said:

@Hardkill Are you scared of him? And if not, what does his death serve you?

Honestly, I am scared of what he might still be capable of.

There has to be solid evidence of criminal activity first.

Perhaps, instead of pointing the blame outside themselves and spinning conspiracy theories (a job usually reserved for Republicans).
Democrat leaders should reflect on their many betrayals of the working class and core voting base.

Edited by Rokazulu

Assuming Trump doesn't become president again, how does him getting held accountable affect your life in any way? Besides you get 30 seconds of glee at seeing bad man get his comeuppance.

The "Does devilry always face some kind of punishment in the end?" thread already covered this, now you're just getting obsessive about it. It's unhealthy and you're only damaging yourself. Just forget about Trump and let the legal system sort it out if it's going to. If you worry all day about something you can't control or affect, you'll drive yourself insane. Focus on what you CAN control.

Even if Trump goes to prison for life, so what? You don't think DeSantis will pop up in his place and be just as bad? Trump is just the head on the hydra of something. If you chop the Trump head off, 2 more will pop up.

6 hours ago, Yarco said:

Assuming Trump doesn't become president again, how does him getting held accountable affect your life in any way? Besides you get 30 seconds of glee at seeing bad man get his comeuppance.

The "Does devilry always face some kind of punishment in the end?" thread already covered this, now you're just getting obsessive about it. It's unhealthy and you're only damaging yourself. Just forget about Trump and let the legal system sort it out if it's going to. If you worry all day about something you can't control or affect, you'll drive yourself insane. Focus on what you CAN control.

Even if Trump goes to prison for life, so what? You don't think DeSantis will pop up in his place and be just as bad? Trump is just the head on the hydra of something. If you chop the Trump head off, 2 more will pop up.

It just doesn't add up to me. 

Why are prosecutors and investigators still failing for years to find anything on him that can convict him even after everything he has done?

Aren't you afraid that if Trump does get away with absolutely everything he has done then criminals and low conscious individuals will be encouraged to commit more crimes in our country?

How will Trumpism in America ever be stopped?

If Trump does face justice, then we move on to holding someone like DeSantis accountable as well and then  the next one will need to be held accountable and so on and so on...

Devilry isn't supposed to win in the end.

Edited by Hardkill

Justice can take a while to boomerang. Be patient.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Justice can take a while to boomerang. Be patient.

Then why are some legal experts saying "Attorney General Merrick Garland is not going to save democracy. Nor is the attorney general of New York, Letitia James; the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg; nor the Fulton County district attorney, Fani Willis. As the apparent collapse of the New York district attorney’s investigation makes clear, criminal cases are hard to make. Donald Trump, despite his many seemingly criminal acts, is unlikely to ever spend a day in jail"?

Why are other experts saying that Trump could very well still win or steal 2024 given how favored the Republicans have unfortunately become and Biden and Trump about dead heat in the polls?

If Trump doesn't go to prison then what other justice could he face?

@Hardkill

22 hours ago, Hardkill said:

It's already been close to a year and a half now since Trump first faced a flood of legal allegations made against him. No prosecutor or investigator throughout the entire country has ever been able to bring Trump to justice for any of the crimes he has ever committed throughout his entire life. Yet, more and more experts are saying that doesn't seem like he will ever be charged with, let alone be imprisoned for any of the crimes he has ever committed because of how challenging and complicated it these cases have been turning out to be and given how difficult it is in general to convict a high-profile individual of any crime.

They also say that if none of these legal cases ever become successful at all, then it will embolden all of his followers and may even get more people to think that Trump was "right all along" about the entire system being corrupt and that all of these cases made against him were nothing but a major "witch-hunt."

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/03/why-criminal-cases-against-trump-are-doomed/627113/

This is extremely disappointing and sad. We all thought that one big reason Trump didn't want to lose the 2020 election was because of how scared he was of being in massive legal jeopardy he would be after no longer being POTUS.

What happened to the idea that "devilry loses in the end?" Will Trump's devilry never result in his comeuppance?

Probably not. Better to focus on your life purpose and what contributions you want to make, than focusing on evil people.

8 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Hardkill

Probably not. Better to focus on your life purpose and what contributions you want to make, than focusing on evil people.

What is the point of focusing on my life purpose and the contributions I want to make if I can't do much given my lack of political and economic power I have? I often think what is purpose of doing anything if everything I work or accomplished  will just be overshadowed by or or perhaps stolen from someone who is less principled than I am simply because their power was just too much for me to do anything about it?

What's the point of honor, integrity, and abiding by the right rules if in real life it really just comes down to either winning or losing?

Edited by Hardkill

Don't worry, people like that squirm the most when they're about ready to die - even if nothing happens to him in this life, he is so far removed from God and spiritual truth that it will be a complete erasing of what and who he is.  All those people with egos too bug to handle have to face the music.

I also represent anyone on the receiving end of those jokes you offend
I'm the nightmare you fell asleep in and woke up still in
I'm your karma closing in with each stroke of a pen
Perfect time to have some remorse to show for your sin
No, it's hopeless, I'm the denial that you're hopelessly in
When they say all of this is approaching its end
But you refuse to believe that it's over, here we go all over again
Backs to the wall, I"m stacking up all them odds
Toilets clogged, Yeah "cause I"m talking a lot of s*** but I"m backing it all up
But in my head there"s a voice in the back and it hollas
After the track is demolished
I am your lack of a conscience
I"m the ringing in your ears
I"m the polyps on the back of your tonsils
Eating your vocal chords after your concerts
I"m your time that"s almost up that you haven"t acknowledged
Grab for some water but I"m that pill that"s too jagged to swallow
I"m the bullies you hate, that you became
With every f***** you slaughtered
Coming back on you every woman you insult
That, with the double-standards you have when it comes to your daughters
I represent everything, you take for granted
"Cause Marshall Mathers the rapper"s persona's half a facade
And Matthew and Stan"s just symbolic
Of you not knowing what you had until it"s gone
"Cause after all the glitz and the glam
No more fans that are calling your name, cameras are off
Sad, but it happens to all of them
I"m the hindsight to say, 'I told you so!'
Foreshadows of all the things that are to follow
I"m the future that"s here to show you what happens tomorrow
If you don"t stop after they call you the
Biggest laughing stock of rap who can"t call it quits
When it"s time to walk away, I"m every guilt trip
The baggage you had, but as you gather up all your possessions
If there's anything you have left to say
Unless it makes an impact don"t bother
So before you rest your case
Better make sure you"re packing a wallop
So one last time, I"m back
Before it fades into black and it"s all over
Behold the final chapter in the saga
Trying to recapture that lightning trapped in a bottle
Twice the magic that started it all
Tragic portrait of an artist tortured
Trapped in his own drawings
Tap into thoughts
Blacker and darker than anything imaginable
Here goes a wild stab in the dark
As we pick up where the last Mathers left off

I do a lot of manifesting work, and have experience of the other side due to nearly dying.  People who don't let their egos go and who do great evil - because energy is either transmuted or recycled, people like that are energetically recycled into something else.  They don't get "hell" or "heaven" or any of that - they don't get to experience any for of continuity, that someone with a clearer karma does.  It's like a black hole, they just get sucked into it, only to be re-used as something more beneficial.  I know this because I experienced my own karma play out and saw that I had to improve it in order to "move up".  My karma is intergenerational, but the universe doesn't care - you work on it or turn into a monster.  And monsters have already used their second chances, their third chances, all the reasons and ways God speaks they are oblivious to, and so when they reach their deathbeds - they face that black hole - that pulling gravity towards the center of nothing at all.  No hellfire, no lake freeze, not even the nothing that you dream of.  Instead they get what is akin to when Steven King's "It" opens its mouth and devours you.  Forever.

62480701-religion-christianity-cross-sil

Edited by Loba

@Hardkill

33 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

What is the point of focusing on my life purpose and the contributions I want to make if I can't do much given my lack of political and economic power I have? I often think what is purpose of doing anything if everything I work or accomplished  will just be overshadowed by or or perhaps stolen from someone who is less principled than I am simply because their power was just too much for me to do anything about it?

What's the point of honor, integrity, and abiding by the right rules if in real life it really just comes down to either winning or losing?

Aha, I see what you're trying to trap me into, it's unethical to do, but I'll take the bait.

If it's not evident to you now, if you keep on focusing the negative stuff and how negative people get away with evil, don't get retribution or whatever, it's time and energy spent mental masturbating on a speculation. Notice how time and energy slips more into a thing or situation you are putting attention on. Notice doing that makes you feel more negative.

Now, put that attention on you, and what value you can provide, in a positive light. Notice the difference in quality of time and energy, and how it makes you feel. Yeah, more of that and less of the former, the same with the millions of excuses for not wanting to change attention.

7 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Hardkill

Aha, I see what you're trying to trap me into, it's unethical to do, but I'll take the bait.

If it's not evident to you now, if you keep on focusing the negative stuff and how negative people get away with evil, don't get retribution or whatever, it's time and energy spent mental masturbating on a speculation. Notice how time and energy slips more into a thing or situation you are putting attention on. Notice doing that makes you feel more negative.

Now, put that attention on you, and what value you can provide, in a positive light. Notice the difference in quality of time and energy, and how it makes you feel. Yeah, more of that and less of the former, the same with the millions of excuses for not wanting to change attention.

But what is the point of even trying if I can't succeed even if I played by the rules and do the "right thing" and if some monster will just take or ruin everything I have done?

Try telling a poor person who is doing everything they can just to survive. How can he focus more on providing value?

Edited by Hardkill

8 hours ago, Hardkill said:

The point of integrity is itself.

Yes, it's true that your integrity and goodness will have no or very little impact on the world because not only those who have the most power and resources lack integrity... even the ones who lack power and resources (the majority) are also very selfish, deceptive, and opportunistic. 

But the point is to live and die being genuine and integrous. Its impact is secondary. :D

Edited by jimwell
made it more accurate

9 minutes ago, jimwell said:

The point of integrity is itself.

Yes, it's true that your integrity and goodness will have no or very little impact on the world because not only those who have the most power and resources lack integrity... even the ones (the majority) who lack power and resources are just as selfish and as opportunistic. 

But the point is to live and die being genuine and integrous. It's impact is secondary. :D

How do you live and die being genuine and integrous while surviving all of the evils out there in the world and achieving real success?

Hell, a sizeable part of the last few thousand years of human thought has been an attempt to make sense of the seeming lack of Justice in the world.

Concepts like Karma and Heaven/Hell are attempts to construct an ontological justification for how Reality is often absurd and unfair.

Each of us is thrown in to the world into a context that we didn't choose, and have only a limited ability to alter that context. Yet we can still choose to cultivate an authentic existence within this context by living an engaged life, and by taking responsibility* for the aspects of Reality that we do have some degree of control over. 

* (Responsibility, in this sense of refers to cultivating an ethical existence and taking an active interest in the well being of others; not the hollow shell of 'personal responsibility' that Libertarian philosophies employ as a justification for selfishness)

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

5 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Why are prosecutors and investigators still failing for years to find anything on him that can convict him even after everything he has done?

I suspect (baseless conspiracy theory incoming) that most of Washington politicians have dirt on all the other politicians. Whether it's Jeffrey Epstein type stuff, nudes, recordings of them saying the N-word, or whatever other kind of blackmail. It's like a big Mexican Standoff where everybody has a gun pointed at everybody else's head. If they took down Trump then they'd probably have to take down Hillary, Biden, maybe even Obama, a bunch of senators and congressmen in the process. They have developed a clever form of mutually-assured destruction, kind of like nuclear bombs for personal reputations,  that strongly discourage people from using dirt on each other, or else they'll all come down.

5 hours ago, Hardkill said:

Aren't you afraid that if Trump does get away with absolutely everything he has done then criminals and low conscious individuals will be encouraged to commit more crimes in our country?

I don't feel criminals are significantly encouraged nor discouraged by the prosecution of others. It comes down to when an unethical opportunity gets dropped in your lap, do you take it or no? Especially when it comes to HUGE crimes involving millions or billions of dollars -- the reward usually outweighs the risk.

Enron happened. They even added a bunch of laws to prevent it happening again. But there are still tons of companies out there still cooking the books. Lots of them get caught, lots of them don't.

Bernie Madoff got arrested for running a ponzi scheme, Conrad Black got arrested for fraud. That's not really a deterrent, white collar crime is presumably just as prevalent as ever.

2 hours ago, Yarco said:

I suspect (baseless conspiracy theory incoming) that most of Washington politicians have dirt on all the other politicians. Whether it's Jeffrey Epstein type stuff, nudes, recordings of them saying the N-word, or whatever other kind of blackmail. It's like a big Mexican Standoff where everybody has a gun pointed at everybody else's head. If they took down Trump then they'd probably have to take down Hillary, Biden, maybe even Obama, a bunch of senators and congressmen in the process. They have developed a clever form of mutually-assured destruction, kind of like nuclear bombs for personal reputations,  that strongly discourage people from using dirt on each other, or else they'll all come down.

I don't feel criminals are significantly encouraged nor discouraged by the prosecution of others. It comes down to when an unethical opportunity gets dropped in your lap, do you take it or no? Especially when it comes to HUGE crimes involving millions or billions of dollars -- the reward usually outweighs the risk.

Enron happened. They even added a bunch of laws to prevent it happening again. But there are still tons of companies out there still cooking the books. Lots of them get caught, lots of them don't.

Bernie Madoff got arrested for running a ponzi scheme, Conrad Black got arrested for fraud. That's not really a deterrent, white collar crime is presumably just as prevalent as ever.

So, why do you think that we should be optimistic that things will ever get fundamentally better for our world and that the “universe has a plan?” or that “God has a plan” for everything?

You know, I envy people like you and many others on this forum who have the mental fortitude to accept all of the tragedy that goes on in our world. I’ve tried my best to fight the negativity and hopelessness in me but I can’t. I just feel too weak to handle it in my head.