Epikur

Is a lesbian transphobic if she does not want to have sex with trans women?

42 posts in this topic

"[They] threatened to out me as a terf and risk my job if I refused to sleep with [them]," she wrote. "I was too young to argue and had been brainwashed by queer theory so [they were] a 'woman' even if every fibre of my being was screaming throughout so I agreed to go home with [them]. [They] used physical force when I changed my mind upon seeing [their] penis and raped me."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-57853385

What is your purpose with this post? What are you trying to say?

2 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

I find it interesting

Is a man homophobic if he doesn't want to have sex with another man? The answer is quite obvious

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

2 minutes ago, vizual said:

Is a man homophobic if he doesn't want to have sex with another man? The answer is quite obvious

If he is a transman some would say yes. A transman is a real man some say.

In my opinion majority of lesbians are not transphobic, but some of them are. Same with straight woman.

It is important to say, that rapists and manipulators are present in all groups of people. There is a danger to label all trans woman as abusers. Many trans women are in fact the victims of such crimes.

I am sorry for what happend to that woman. I hope the rapists end up in jail.

Many transphobic people are using such cases to justify their transphobia.

@vizual

11 minutes ago, vizual said:

No, he is not. I also don't want to have sex with almost any man on this planet, and i am gay.

Having a sexual preference is not a form of bigotry. You are entitled to like what you like and decline sexual offers. If someone guilts or forces you into sex, it's rape no matter who they are.

If you aren't attracted to redheads, that doesn't make you redhead-phobic.

If you aren't attracted to obese people, that doesn't make you fat-phobic.

If you aren't attracted to women with penises, that doesn't make you trans-phobic.

The woman in the opening quote was blackmailed and raped by her coworkers, that's it.

am i age-ist if i don't want to have sex with people over 80?

no right?

likewise for your question ... my stated preferences are no one's business but my own and i am perfectly entitled to them

so if you are a transwoman or a transman in my opinion you have an a priori duty to tell people who express potential interest in you how you identify

i think all else is deception and manipulation

8 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

my stated preferences are no one's business but my own and i am perfectly entitled to them

Yeah but the devil's advocate position would be where do your preferences come from?

If you have a preference for biological females then it can be argued that comes from a bigoted and discriminatory heteronormative culture that discriminates against minority groups like trans people. 

I think the honest left wing position would be that if you are not attracted to transwomen then you are unconsciously or consciously bigoted and discriminatory towards trans people.

@Epikur

So much for the right to sleep with whoever you want too lol. SLEEP WITH THEM OR ELSE YOU'RE A BIGOT. Modern culture is so funny.

@Bojan V

1 hour ago, Bojan V said:

Epi is asking a valid question. Do you not like that he asked this question? Why not?

@vizual

No he isn't, but by progressive "logic" why not?

@Bojan V

1 hour ago, Bojan V said:

Many transphobic people are using such cases to justify their transphobia.

Explain in more detail please.

@Raptorsin7

8 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Yeah but the devil's advocate position would be where do your preferences come from?

I would say it's mostly biological and genetic. Small part nurture and from trauma. 

9 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

If you have a preference for biological females then it can be argued that comes from a bigoted and discriminatory heteronormative culture that discriminates against minority groups like trans people. 

I think the honest left wing position would be that if you are not attracted to transwomen then you are unconsciously or consciously bigoted and discriminatory towards trans people.

Yeah it's an affront to lefty ideology because you not being attracted to trans people is really implicitly stating that you don't see them as "real" men or women. When left wingers have the agenda of "we're all the same, we're all pink of the inside, there are no inherent biological differences between anyone, we are all a blank slate" and your very nature and sexual preferences leave you revolted at the thought of having sex with these "real" men and women what does that about their ideology? 

1 minute ago, bloomer said:

I would say it's mostly biological and genetic. Small part nurture and from trauma. 

I was talking about the preferences men have for biological females in general.

1 minute ago, bloomer said:

Yeah it's an affront to lefty ideology because you not being attracted to trans people is really implicitly stating that you don't see them as "real" men or women. When left wingers have the agenda of "we're all the same, we're all pink of the inside, there are no inherent biological differences between anyone, we are all a blank slate" and your very nature and sexual preferences leave you revolted at the thought of having sex with these "real" men and women what does that about their ideology? 

I'm not disagreeing with you, I was just expressing the devil's advocate position.

Fyi, love reading your posts. Your sense of humor is hilarious 

@Raptorsin7

Just now, Raptorsin7 said:

I was talking about the preferences men have for biological females in general.

Yes men's preferences for biological females and actual vagina not giant wounds come mostly from nature. 

I'm not disagreeing with you, I was just expressing the devil's advocate position.

? what if I am the devil and you're advocating for my position? ?

Fyi, love reading your posts. Your sense of humor is hilarious 

?

2 minutes ago, bloomer said:

not giant wounds

Sorry I take that back it wasn’t politically correct for me to say I should have said neo pussy. Wouldn’t want to be called transphobic for thinking that chopping healthy parts of your body off isn’t healthy or sane.

28 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Or you are not attracted to gender But biological traits. I think its fair to assume, that most people are attracted to biological traits and to personality  and not towards gender.

If you have a dick, and i am attracted to vagina, then i am not discriminating you or hating you, i am just not attracted to you.

13 minutes ago, zurew said:

Or you are not attracted to gender But biological traits. I think its fair to assume, that most people are attracted to biological traits and to personality  and not towards gender.

If you have a dick, and i am attracted to vagina, then i am not discriminating you or hating you, i am just not attracted to you.

Don't you think that's unfair and discriminatory towards trans females. 99.9% of men will use that as a justification for their preference.

And doesn't this fly in the face of the left wing position that transwomen are real women? 

If trans women are real women, then men discriminating against them in dating for whatever reason is due to some kind of unjust bias, and the solution is address that systemic unjust preference right?

Don't you think that's unfair and discriminatory towards trans females. 99.9% of men will use that as a justification for their preference.

And doesn't this fly in the face of the left wing position that transwomen are real women? 

If trans women are real women, then men discriminating against them in dating for whatever reason is due to some kind of unjust bias, and the solution is address that systemic unjust preference right?

To sum @Raptorsin7 point up to you @zurew

Suck the dick bigot!

4 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I don't think its discriminatory if i am not attracted towards certain people. If i am straight is it discriminatory that i am not attracted to men? If we want to use the word 'discriminatory' that vague then it will lose its meaning.

4 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

Again you are conflating being attracted to gender and being attracted to biological traits. For me if there was a man who had a vagina and big female boobs and no facial hair no dick etc but a female body i would be attracted to it. I don't care about the gender part in this case, because i am attracted to biological traits.

And also to be clear, just because you are a woman, that does not mean that i will be attracted towards you. Everyone has their own biases, kinks, traits that are attracted to

Edited by zurew

Also you have this assumption baked into your argument that people the reason why people are attracted to certain traits and things is because of societal and cultural examples. I don't agree with that.

I think that attraction comes from the combination of societal things and also from biology. I would put more weight on the biology part. Thats why i don't think you can change what you are attracted to.

2 minutes ago, zurew said:

Again you are conflating being attracted to gender and being attracted to biological traits. For me if there was a man who had a vagina and big female boobs and no facial hair no dick etc but a female body i would be attracted to it. I don't care about the gender part in this case, because i am attracted to biological traits.

For me gender is part of attraction. The way a woman acts, dresses, etc is part of it. But idk if you are counting those traits as gender.

3 minutes ago, zurew said:

I don't think its discriminatory if i am not attracted towards certain people. If i am straight is it discriminatory that i am not attracted to men? If we want to use the word 'discriminatory' that vague then it will lose its meaning.

I'm talking about the practicality. Is it unreasonable to assume that transwomen feel discriminated against given the preferences of the vast majority of men