VeganAwake

Have you tried Emptiness yet?

11 posts in this topic

Have you tried dumping all that conditioned spiritual materialism yet?

Are you capable of dropping all that so-called spiritual knowledge which you so desperately cling to and identify with?

Not dropping it because someone recommended you to.... Dropping it because it is clearly seen to be complete BS.

Do you fear that reality as you know it will be turned upside down and unravel underneath your feet?

Well that's exactly what awakening feels like at first. It's not exactly an endeavor for the faint-hearted.

But what's longed for isn't a something to be found.

What's longed for is the end of the experience that something is missing.

What's missing is the realization that nothing is missing. 

Like a carrot dangling in front of the donkey's nose, the illusory seeker seeks and seeks and seeks to no end, and whatever is found along the way only temporarily satisfies its unquenchable desire. 

You see if it ever found satisfaction, it would be the end of the seeker & the  experience that something needed to be found/discovered/attained.

For the seeker the answer always lies just outside of its reach, just up ahead in the next spiritual book or text or perhaps during the next trip or next meditation session.

This seeking energy is real but under the false assumption that wholeness is somewhere else. 

THIS is already whole and complete & it can't be found anywhere else because it's already all that there is.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

“Emptiness… there’s nothing to it! *laughter*” -Dhammarato

This is why the Buddha focused on one polarity throughout all of his teachings. Dukkha (dissatisfaction) and dukkha nirodha (the end of dissatisfaction). 

When one learns how to be satisfied, Nibbana is at hand. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

4 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

“Emptiness… there’s nothing to it! *laughter*” -Dhammarato 

Love that ? 

Yeah although I wouldn't describe it as something learned.

Rather its a cessation or clear recognition that there never was a real individual experiencing satisfaction or dissatisfaction in the first place.

Satisfied & Unsatisfied feelings still arise but they are no longer arising for a someone......so in that sense it feels completely satisfactory ? 

❤ 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

9 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

What's missing is the realization that nothing is missing. 

Quite a double bind there don't you think?

5 minutes ago, Michael Jackson said:

Have you tried truth yet? Lol, you are God sleeping.

You could try flip that statement around on yourself and see what comes up. Like this:

Have I tried truth yet? Lol, I'm God sleeping.

9 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

You could try flip that statement around on yourself and see what comes up. Like this:

Have I tried truth yet? Lol, I'm God sleeping.

@WelcometoReality Lol, please don't tickle me like that :P Lol, I'm just a human.

as simple as saying that the truth is silence. but how to get to the silence? That is the question. removing the noise, obviously. And how do you remove the noise? detaching you from it. but how do you detach from the noise if... oh wait... you are the noise? And this is spirituality, in short

Edited by Breakingthewall

All the work to awaken is really just a pretense for what’s really going on. What IS really going on? What’s really going on is what’s really going on — simple as that; there is no additional layer of complication. All layers are illusory.

Even if you resolve may I transcend ego, ego still takes credit for that resolution and so it continues on.

Keep-going does in a sense mean keep-staying.

The character/ ego... It’s all a show. But there’s nothing to show. No inside and outside.

3 hours ago, The0Self said:

All the work to awaken is really just a pretense for what’s really going on. What IS really going on? What’s really going on is what’s really going on — simple as that; there is no additional layer of complication. All layers are illusory.

Even if you resolve may I transcend ego, ego still takes credit for that resolution and so it continues on.

Keep-going does in a sense mean keep-staying.

The character/ ego... It’s all a show. But there’s nothing to show. No inside and outside.

Yeah man...there is only what seems to be happening!

It's a real mind-f*** because it really seemed like there was a me making progress on the so-called spiritual journey.....now that whole experience felt like a ghost running on a treadmill.

Nobody was getting anywhere ?

❤