Realms of Wonder

Ever had a Musical Mystical experience?

17 posts in this topic

During your life, have you ever had a direct experience of reality, an expansion of consciousness, or some other mystical experience, that was awakened by music?

When I was a kid, in church, there was, what I now look back on as a direct experience of infinite love. 

It was during the worship service,  I do not remember the music that was playing, but it was on the theme of the "Love of God" (The Christian God.) I was curled up in a fetal position with my chest over my knees and eyes closed, over and over I repeated "I love you, I Love you, I Love you." Over and over and over. I didn't know what or who I was saying it too, I was completely caught up in the moment. This went on for a few minutes, till suddenly, over the course of a minute or two, I started weeping as my consciousness expanded to fill the whole room. 

I was not "Conscious OF" the whole room "I" Was the entire bubble of awareness, I could "feel" or "see" movement of "Others" in the church, I could look back at my body still curled up, and was washed with waves of divine Love. it was so much, too  much for my body to handle, it felt agonizingly beautiful, like laying under Niagara falls and letting the millions of tons of water pound over me.

Another experience was later on, after I had graduated highschool, dabbled in psychedelics, and even had insights into life and reality.

But  this time I Was sober, in a dark spot, so alone, so confused, so lost. I didn't know what to do, I knew I needed to move to a different city, I was working two unfulfilling jobs to save the money. Later at night, I was sitting their in my suffering, listening to old worship music, not the kind that's preaching at you, but ones that are more abstract using words to point to something greater than words alone. (Specifically the song is "In over my head" by Jenn Johnson.) In my mind, I reached out,

"God, I need help, I cant do this alone, I don't even know what I am doing or what to do, please..." I opened my heart and mind to whatever was about to happen.

And soon after, slowly at first, then stronger and stronger, waves of energy started pulsating through me and the room. Love. Love in its full power, love that stripped my fears away, Love that dropped my jaw open because I was in such Awe. Love that didn't even make "sense." Love that I couldn't hold, or conceptualize. Love so big it hurt. And for five minutes, ten minutes, fifteen minutes or so, I sat there, basking in these waves of Love, as tears dripped off my face. I knew that it was going to be okay. The difficulty wouldn't be able to stop me because I have Love. the  pain, suffering, uncertainty, could never stop me fully, because I didn't just have love, I AM LOVE.

Welcome, to the authenticity evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMc_MGhRl-1t3MoV36uG1A

Well, yesterday I had an experience triggered by a cool scene in an anime, lol.

I think music commonly triggers experiences for people.

Edited by thisintegrated

Absolutely, most of my awakenings and mystical experiences happen while listening to music. Music just really gets me in the right mood and pulls at my emotions and it makes it much easier to reach heightened states of consciousness. Its especially helpful for reaching deep states of love.

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

27 minutes ago, Tristan12 said:

Absolutely, most of my awakenings and mystical experiences happen while listening to music. Music just really gets me in the right mood and pulls at my emotions and it makes it much easier to reach heightened states of consciousness. Its especially helpful for reaching deep states of love.

+1 ❤️

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

1 hour ago, Tristan12 said:

Fascinating! What kind of music is most effective for you?

@Realms of Wonder I listen to a lot of downtempo. That's my favourite kind of music. I think the slow and chill vibe of it is really conducive to spirituality. My favourite music to listen to for getting into deep states of love is the band Cigarettes after Sex.

Here's my thread with all of the music I listen to if you're interested

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

31 minutes ago, Tristan12 said:

@Realms of Wonder I listen to a lot of downtempo. That's my favourite kind of music. I think the slow and chill vibe of it is really conducive to spirituality. My favourite music to listen to for getting into deep states of love is the band Cigarettes after Sex.

Here's my thread with all of the music I listen to if you're interested

Thank you so much, I am in the process of building my understanding of Music, so that I can create actual spiritual music, so this could be a help.

Happy listening :P

Yes. One of my formative awakenings happened while I was listening to Martin Ball's "The Fractal of Being" while sitting on an airplane ?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

19 minutes ago, Realms of Wonder said:

Wow. sober? ;) 

??

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Yes absolutely.

I was 12 years old when i first played the drums. I was so excited to play it.

As i hit the drums i went into a state of trance/explosion. I was very young and did not know what it was and felt quite normal about it. Lately i discovered that that event triggered my Kundalini energy 

2 hours ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

Yes absolutely.

I was 12 years old when i first played the drums. I was so excited to play it.

As i hit the drums i went into a state of trance/explosion. I was very young and did not know what it was and felt quite normal about it. Lately i discovered that that event triggered my Kundalini energy 

That's amazing, sounds overwhelming for a 12 year old.

You still a musician?

Oh heck yeah almost always! ^_^ Some kind of "spiritual orgasm" whenever I play Chopin stuff for example.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

On 20/04/2022 at 4:32 AM, Realms of Wonder said:

During your life, have you ever had a direct experience of reality, an expansion of consciousness, or some other mystical experience, that was awakened by music?

When I was a kid, in church, there was, what I now look back on as a direct experience of infinite love. 

It was during the worship service,  I do not remember the music that was playing, but it was on the theme of the "Love of God" (The Christian God.) I was curled up in a fetal position with my chest over my knees and eyes closed, over and over I repeated "I love you, I Love you, I Love you." Over and over and over. I didn't know what or who I was saying it too, I was completely caught up in the moment. This went on for a few minutes, till suddenly, over the course of a minute or two, I started weeping as my consciousness expanded to fill the whole room. 

I was not "Conscious OF" the whole room "I" Was the entire bubble of awareness, I could "feel" or "see" movement of "Others" in the church, I could look back at my body still curled up, and was washed with waves of divine Love. it was so much, too  much for my body to handle, it felt agonizingly beautiful, like laying under Niagara falls and letting the millions of tons of water pound over me.

Another experience was later on, after I had graduated highschool, dabbled in psychedelics, and even had insights into life and reality.

But  this time I Was sober, in a dark spot, so alone, so confused, so lost. I didn't know what to do, I knew I needed to move to a different city, I was working two unfulfilling jobs to save the money. Later at night, I was sitting their in my suffering, listening to old worship music, not the kind that's preaching at you, but ones that are more abstract using words to point to something greater than words alone. (Specifically the song is "In over my head" by Jenn Johnson.) In my mind, I reached out,

"God, I need help, I cant do this alone, I don't even know what I am doing or what to do, please..." I opened my heart and mind to whatever was about to happen.

And soon after, slowly at first, then stronger and stronger, waves of energy started pulsating through me and the room. Love. Love in its full power, love that stripped my fears away, Love that dropped my jaw open because I was in such Awe. Love that didn't even make "sense." Love that I couldn't hold, or conceptualize. Love so big it hurt. And for five minutes, ten minutes, fifteen minutes or so, I sat there, basking in these waves of Love, as tears dripped off my face. I knew that it was going to be okay. The difficulty wouldn't be able to stop me because I have Love. the  pain, suffering, uncertainty, could never stop me fully, because I didn't just have love, I AM LOVE.

This is so beautiful.. thanks for sharing this awesome experience!