Manusia

Does Atomic Habit works?

12 posts in this topic

Curious how Atomic Habits book by James Clear work for you. 

1 hour ago, Manusia said:

Curious how Atomic Habits book by James Clear work for you. 

No it is garbage

But tiny habit by bj fogg absolutly works.

I increased my working time from 2 hour to 7 hour within a year using tiny habit by bj fogg

16 minutes ago, itachi uchiha said:

No it is garbage

But tiny habit by bj fogg absolutly works.

I increased my working time from 2 hour to 7 hour within a year using tiny habit by bj fogg

Checking this out, looks interesting.

9 minutes ago, mojsterr said:

Checking this out, looks interesting.

Do not give up.it fu**ing works.perhaps it will take more time for u to reach your goal.but it surely works.never give up

3 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

Do not give up.it fu**ing works.perhaps it will take more time for u to reach your goal.but it surely works.never give up

Let me say this, I have not read Atomic Habbits. But I think what works well is going to differ from person to person. For example some books on Leos booklist that he rated as a must read didn't resonate with me all that much/help me much. While some books he rated as good but not a must read resonated with me a lot more and were must reads for myself. The only way you're truly going to know if Atomic Habits works for you is to read the book and test if it works for yourself.

@Asayake yes I know. I buy it and I read it. The book is even the best seller in my own country for long time. The book is very orange. Just curious how it affect people here. 

I thought the insights in the book were pretty useful for teaching habit change. Overall, useful practical knowledge for the average beginner looking to start  personal development.

Focus on the solution, not the problem

Yeah Atomic habits shove all the formulas for habits forming right down your throat.

If you need more explanation, then you have to read other books to know the rationale behind each formula.

A powerful rebranding of "The power of habits" and "tiny habits" plus other books.

Does it work? Well, it depends on the person.

For example, people can teach you to be healthy: Exercise more, eat more vegetables, don't smoke. Almost everyone knows these but why isn't everyone doing them.

Edited by hyruga

Mini Habits and Elastic Habits by Stephen Guise are also books focused on tiny habit change.

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

7 hours ago, itachi uchiha said:

@Epikur brian jhonson has a good video on it