Kaity

Sleep Paralysis Experiences

22 posts in this topic

I don't think i've seen this topic being discussed in details on this forum. I think it's super fascinating topic, worth observing and figuring out. 

I'd like to hear how everyone else is dealing with this somewhat creepy experience and just some interesting thoughts/facts about it. 

I remember reading that majority of people don't really experience sleep paralysis more than once or twice thoughout the lifetime.  

Personally for me, I've had them so many times that I'm already able to handle them like a pro! ?? I'm not sure if  I should feel accomplished whenever I experience sleep paralysis and peacefully wait for it to go away instead of freaking out. But compared to how it affected me the very first time I froze, I guess there's a big progress for sure. 

But again, i'm really intrigued by this entire process and would love to hear some detailed description and frequency of your sleep paralysis experiences

I had these many times

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

I've had it occasionally over the years, but when it happened last week it was different. I used to freak out and always hated when it happened, but since learning about the ego and how letting go of it involves this feeling of dying, last experience was different. 

Had gone into alpha state and a dream started, I stood near a table and suddenly realized I was dreaming. Not sure if I did something on the dream that caused it, but suddenly it all went black and this paralysis effect started. 

This time I decided to let go and flow with it, maybe it went for around 5-10 seconds, but it was nice. I was OK with having no control. I remember it came along with a strange feeling.

Don't think that's an enlightenment experience, but it's sure a good exercise for letting go of the ego.

Occasionally had sleep paralysis when younger, but about 2 months ago, I suddenly became aware during sleep that I was aware of what must have been rapid eye movement onset. I decided to watch it for a bit but it seemed to get faster and faster and I began to worry I was going to explode my brain. And so I quit.

Had it when I was a kid, was no fun really. But now I try to recreate them, and I fail.

What do I have to do to induce sleep paralysis in me? The reason is that I want to use that to astral travel / have out of ody experiences. No matter how long I try to lie down without moving, my body stays awake and won't go into paralysis

Here's my key; Philosophy. A freak like me just needs Infinity.

@Old Soul don't attempt this when you go to sleep at night, instead, set an alarm after 5 or 6 hours of sleep, then meditate for 20-30 minutes, and go for a morning nap (when it's still the night time). Control your breath like this : inhale deeply and slowly, hold your breath for 3 or 4 seconds, and exhale slowly, consciously, trying not to fell asleep, but to "notice" when your brain go in sleep mode.

At this point, don't try to "check" if you'r in sleep paralysis, by moving or so, because it's better to don't know (it may afraid your brain, and it have strange reactions, like creating illusions to justify the sensation of being paralyzed).

In case you want to stop sleep paralysis, just hold your breath for 2 seconds and you'r body will awoken.

So just rest still, you'll maybe notice sounds or sensations in the body, sometimes a voice or an huge sound.

The trick here is to remain alert enough so that you'r still aware of yourself, but don't stick with it too much or your mind won't allow you to fall asleep, it's a balance (consciousness is outside of the brain).

When you feel you'r body is "slipping" it means a lucid dream (WILD) is coming, and you'll have to wait until the next REM stage of your sleep, then a dream will appear (for me, it look like fractal noise transition).

Once you'r in a dream, if you have your body, rub your hands, or turn 360 degrees, which help stabilizing the dream (you can influence and choose the content of the dream while falling asleep, but your subconscious mind will always find something interesting, often related to your deep motivations, at least for WILD. MILD dreams are more random, and the plot is already set when you arrive).

I can't tell for astral projection, I haven't done it consciously.

Edited by Soulbass

I've had it several times and freaked myself out in the beginning fighting it, desperately trying to move. But now I surrender to it. lol

Often I fall asleep again and dream that I'm crawling on the floor and trying to stand up. Or shout to try people to hear me and help. Then I wake up again and realize: "oh fuck I'm still laying here in bed unable to move".

Edited by sgn

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

I think it's interesting that most of the times i've had SP, it was after having a disastrous dream where I was about to die. It was during those super-realistic dreams where you feel your environment with almost 100% accuracy.

However, I guess since it's hard for my mind to replicate an actual sensation of let's say exploding in parts or dying in a plane crash, it immediately sends me to the sleep paralysis.

It makes me aware that i'm lying on my bed safe and sound but now I have to deal with an "issue" of getting out of this frozen state. The worst part  is being partially awake to the point where you can perfeclty understand your surroundings and hear your family members moving around you. I think it's really torturous to know that someone is literally a wall away from you (sometimes even in the same room) and they have no idea what's going on, unable to help you :D I wonder if they could just shake you out of it if they knew what was happening with you.

But overall, this experience is definitely freaky and exciting at the same time. It's not a mild thing to go through, especially when you're younger. I wonder if it's possible for things to go really wrong to the point where you just don't make it out of there. ?

But anyways, I think sleep paralysis could be a very important tool to use in order to understand your level of fear towards death and how "brave" or "ready" you are to face it with peace. 

@sgn

Isn't it the worst thing of all when you know someone's right next to you in that moment, drinking coffee, doing their thing and having no idea what's going on with you while you're desperately trying to scream for help . ?

I could lay there frozen for hours by myself with no problems, but as soon as I know somebody's in the room while i'm lying there half dead, that's when I really start to suffer and freak out for some reason ? Must be some ego game

@Soulbass

I didn't know you could deliberately go into a sleep paralysis. You said that in order to get out, you need to stop breathing for few seconds. I find it happening anyway without me even trying to hold my breath. And only after I completely run out of oxygen that I wake up completely. 

I think that this process is somwhat a battle within yourself and you literally have to fight with whatever the power you have an access to at that moment in order to shake yourself out. I wonder what would happen if you just gave up, didn't stay alert and didn't try to end it. Could things go "wrong"? Is it possible to actually die through this experience? I wish I was courageous enough to test it :) 

@Debil

I agree that letting go and just absorbing the feeling at that moment is a great experience, once you've overcome the fear. However, it feels like there are different layers of "letting go." The last time I was frozen, I felt like if I completely surrendered to it, i wouldn't be able to wake up at all and it'd send me into a whole another dimension unable to ever return back :D 

Again, those are just sensations coming from that direct experience and I don't take them seriously, but at the same time i'd want to be able to just float around peacefully, not being worried about what's going to happen next 

@Kaity that'll happen when you won't mind dying. Why would you mind? It's the pain you're really afraid of.

@Debil

That's exactly the case! and i'd be cool if it was easily overcome-able by just realizing the nonsense of the fear. But that's why we're here right? To do everything we can to make that fear melt away:)

Edited by Kaity

@Soulbass  thanks for the explanation. I shall do so and see what happens

@Kaity My assumption is that you can't die from SP, because you'r body is safe and alive.

I've heard of people who have recurring sleep paralysis every night, and get afraid of this.

Is it the case for you ? Did you asked to your subconscious, in a lucid dream, why this ?

Edited by Soulbass

On 1/25/2017 at 7:00 AM, Kaity said:

@Debil

I agree that letting go and just absorbing the feeling at that moment is a great experience, once you've overcome the fear. However, it feels like there are different layers of "letting go." The last time I was frozen, I felt like if I completely surrendered to it, i wouldn't be able to wake up at all and it'd send me into a whole another dimension unable to ever return back :D 

Again, those are just sensations coming from that direct experience and I don't take them seriously, but at the same time i'd want to be able to just float around peacefully, not being worried about what's going to happen next 

Hehe, yes. But theirs only people there in my dream thou. Haven't experienced this when someone is around in real life.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@Life Coach If you want a sleep paralysis/OBE try this. It gets me most of the time. 

During mid day take a nap (20-45min), and try to go to bed normally as usual. But, when trying to go to bed feel that it's usually difficult to fall into deep sleep because of the nap earlier that day. Just lay there quietly and peacefully as possible until within sometime you fall asleep...and BAM! 

It's 3AM here in LA and I just woke up nearly shit my pants to an old lady that I encountered that just wouldn't stop following me, and it looked like to appear in a clothing store. She was practically forcing her body against mine and screaming.. Oh Jeeez the goosebumps. 

After that a few crazy enlightening experiences were felt as if I literally became inside out and dissolved into white light while also feeling as if cold water was being dumped onto my whole being. Had this multiple times tonight. It felt very similar to my 5MEO experience earlier last year. Maybe this was induced because I was reading "Tryptamine Palace" tonight before bed when all this happened and the toad decided to say hello once again. There are some relatable things in that book that convulsively make my body shake with charged energy. Anyway thanks for reading, I'm going to try to go to bed again. 

@JustinS thanks man. this sounds scary as fuck. But of course your technique is worth trying. I wonder if I am able to take a nap during mid day

I thought of opening a new thread about what happened to me while falling asleep last night, but the universe kindly gave me this thread already open.

While I was falling asleep and I had put my earplugs because of a car alarm outside..

Suddenly, as everything quieted down, I started hearing amazing songs, as if there was a big concert in the center of my brain! Children songs in my home language. They were so incredibly powerful, and I had just closed my eyes. I wonder if this is something spiritual or not, but I still wonder how that inner voice that was singing knew how to do that.. It's incredible, i mightve met my higher self for those few minutes.

Then a dream started forming infront of my eyes trying to pull me in,  at least thats what i remember. 

I've had words and people seemingly speaking in my mind before, while going asleep, but for the first time I'm experiencing a full blown inner concert. It was amazing!! 

Ps: important to say that I did listen to those children's songs during the day to cheer me up, but in my head later they were godly quality! Better than original,  exactly like I had an entire choir of children singing live in my brain :D! 

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟