Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabriel Antonio

Fear Of Being "spiritually Inferior" To Someone

10 posts in this topic

Does anybody also experience that? when interacting with certain people who allegedly have more awareness than you do. I sometimes feel shy to express who I really am to spiritually evolved people because I don't want to be exposed as someone is lost in ego, if that makes any sense. In essence, I feel a discrepancy between me and certain people...

I think all of the self judgement is in you , and if a person is really evolved then they won't be judging you. They might understand you. So basically it is a non issue because if they aren't enlightened then why do you care what they think about your state of development? One more thing, it is good to be honest with actual sincere, wise, competent, and compassionate teachers because they can help you where you are weak. It is huge trap to put up a front out of fear of what they might think and not make real progress where it is most important for you

The kingdom of heaven is within.

everybody has ego.accept you'r ego. atleast you are aware that you have an ego.

also, if the person judges you because you are "lost in ego", I would reconsider to call them "spiritually evolved".

I'd second above posts. I think it's a self judgement thing.  Generally, the more evolved people know that everyone is on their own path and stage in that path.

Yes indeed!!!  But it's all me, not them.
Someone more aware than you most likely doesn't think of you as less than them. :P  If they do, then they have work to do on themselves.  Here's a song I listen to when I feel less than:

Bassnectar is a spiritually aware band, I feel music speaks better than I can with these things - "nothing has been broken, you're perfect just as you are." <3 
Who you really are is absolutely perfect. :)  Doesn't matter where you are.

There are also different books that touch on this, and techniques you can use when you're feeling that way.  Stopping and recognizing that those are just thoughts and are not who you really are - you are the same as everyone else - can be helpful.  Takes a bit of work, I am learning, but it is so so possible, and if it is causing you problems, might be part of your journey?  Good luck!!!! <3 <3

@Gabriel Antonio there are hardly any peope not lost in ego. And those that are free from it see that what you dont say. And i dont mean people that feel the need to show how spiritual they are (spiritual egos).

Dont let this part of your ego dictate what you should and shouldnt do. You can be free from it by stopping to give it somuch value.

I'd address you but honestly I'm just too spiritually advanced and your ego is showing so pls get your act together.

8 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

I sometimes feel shy to express who I really am to spiritually evolved people because I don't want to be exposed as someone is lost in ego, if that makes any sense. In essence, I feel a discrepancy between me and certain people...

That's a completely normal human behaviour pattern, don't worry. It'll go away with time. Everybody has this - unless you're an arrogant, narcissistic piece of shit.

Just imagine you'd play with violin and for a few weeks and had the chance to go play with an real orchestra. The first few weeks and probably months you go play with them you won't feel that good because you are aware that there are people who do this for 30+ years. It's the same in most of the other fields in which you can be skilful or experienced.

And it's also a way to make more progress faster. Who do you think will grow faster? The ambitious newbie who is together with a few experts or the few experts that are together with a newbie. It will be the newbie.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

Only Ego can be superior or inferior. Spirituality is about full equality. 

Me = You = Jesus = Leo = Michael Jackson = Hitler = Nothing

Edited by Dodoster

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟