Arthogaan

Accept to die early + Retire extremely early - your thoughts?

14 posts in this topic

Sorry, this will be a rather radical weird concept and only applicable for people that do not plan to have family and have some savings, but please keep an open mind. Also for the purpose of this topic it will be written from perspective of regular ego mind.  I increasingly focus on the fact that we will die, that life after 50 year old will not be so filled with energy and that we should not wait to live our highest potential.

Maybe a more radical and freeing way to live rather than searching for some professional career would be to gather so much(little) money that it will be enough for only 20 years from now. That it would be enough to live to our fullest potential in this 20 years not worrying about money and to know that the clock is ticking - it would motivate even more to prioritize things, to not be lazy etc. And after that to just accept whatever will come - for example die of hunger when the money runs out - but the chances are that in those 20 years you will find so many more inspirations, great new friends that it would not even be the problem when money runs out. But still, to accept your early death at that point.

For example for me it could look like this: I am 24 year old, I will save aggresively until I am 30-35 years old and then I will live 20 years freely (and frugally) and accept my own death out of hunger at the age of 50-55.

I wanted to hear your thoughts on that.

Edited by Arthogaan

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

What if you die in an accident before and you haven't lived your life?

40 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

Sorry, this will be a rather radical weird concept and only applicable for people that do not plan to have family and have some savings, but please keep an open mind. Also for the purpose of this topic it will be written from perspective of regular ego mind.  I increasingly focus on the fact that we will die, that life after 50 year old will not be so filled with energy and that we should not wait to live our highest potential.

Maybe a more radical and freeing way to live rather than searching for some professional career would be to gather so much(little) money that it will be enough for only 20 years from now. That it would be enough to live to our fullest potential in this 20 years not worrying about money and to know that the clock is ticking - it would motivate even more to prioritize things, to not be lazy etc. And after that to just accept whatever will come - for example die of hunger when the money runs out - but the chances are that in those 20 years you will find so many more inspirations, great new friends that it would not even be the problem when money runs out. But still, to accept your early death at that point.

For example for me it could look like this: I am 24 year old, I will save aggresively until I am 30-35 years old and then I will live 20 years freely (and frugally) and accept my own death out of hunger at the age of 50-55.

I wanted to hear your thoughts on that.

The thing is you will be a different person at that age. You have to take that into account. Many times older people are more happy than younger ones. 

What if your prime age was going to be at 70 years old. What if that was the age where you would enjoy life the most but now you never got to find that out. How you think it's going to be when you get old is not likely how it's actually going to be. 

29 minutes ago, mojsterr said:

What if you die in an accident before and you haven't lived your life?

Well, basically all my dreams were fullfilled other than "not having to worry about money and be free to not do anything" so thats what I want to create for myself in this dream. So I would still be fulfilled at the moment of my death. I just want to figure out the logistics for this body to have careless stage in life.

2 minutes ago, Asayake said:

What if your prime age was going to be at 70 years old. What if that was the age where you would enjoy life the most but now you never got to find that out. How you think it's going to be when you get old is not likely how it's actually going to be. 

Well I would be willing to accept that risk.

Everyone can live their lives the way they want to, but for me retiring = dying. Stagnation = death. There’s a good chance you’ll slowly sink in a puddle of misery. A better alternative is to find your freedom while being somewhat integrated and productive. I think that will yield the most fulfillment and happiness.

If you want to live it up like an animal just do that on the side on your off days

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

Dying at fifty is just a symbol/sentence/funny game for my mind to let go worrying about the future. I think I will live well past 70 really but spontaneously and without clinging to safety or finances. 

38 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

why would you want to die at 50?  Thats when life actually begins.

I think thats when life begins because then you have time and finances. And I want to try to create such situation much earlier at the expense of my financial safety after 50. I am fulfilled already. God knows (me ;) ) how fullfilled will I be had I lived 20 years without worrying about financial safety and holding the image of my death in my mind.

48 minutes ago, vizual said:

There’s a good chance you’ll slowly sink in a puddle of misery. A better alternative is to find your freedom while being somewhat integrated and productive.

To retire early just means having a freedom of a child for me. Kids can be really productive when they are not forced to anything and feel inspired to do something and their passions are not spoiled with "that is not well paying career/that is not responsible" stuff.

put in a life time's effort in one day and see if god gives one more

It's not a good thought to have. There are people who manifest their own reality.

So you may think you will only live till 50 and you start eating all the bad food and drinks. Poor diet, smoke, not exercising, nor caring for life in general. Dengue fever hit and you die.

There are really people who manifest their own reality and they really die early. For example, a guy called himself a ghost and he died shortly when the pandemic hit.

Just live your life fully and healthily.

Edited by hyruga

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

why would you want to die at 50?  Thats when life actually begins.

I don’t think that’s right , most people say that in their 50’s becuz they never lived . When you begin to truly live fully , that’s when life actually begins I think…… 

Again, it is just a symbol. I Rather mean saving money enough for 20 years of reckless living, and then just seeing what happens and living happily as homeless for example. Or maybe rich because when I will have nothing to loose you follow inspirations and great ideas. The point is to just let go.

Mind tries to talk me out of it, that I will have 20 year gap in cv and so on. So best way to shut it up is to just accept the worst case scenario and realize that this scenario is still awesome.

46 minutes ago, Meliodas said:

I don’t think that’s right , most people say that in their 50’s becuz they never lived . When you begin to truly live fully , that’s when life actually begins I think…… 

Yeah true...but my point is the 50s is still young.  It's all relative.  When your 20 you think 50 is so old..but it's not.  And when your 50 you think 70 is so old lol.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.