Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkKol

Obsessed with Stage Red Cartoons

18 posts in this topic

My thread "Artists aren't as impactful as engineers, People don't care about Art", is just clickbait honestly, It was my unconscious intention to get your options about a life purpose I've been conflicted on pursuing, Stage Red cartoons. Leo said "Reducing life to pure utility -- that's your mistake" I'm obsessed with Romance, Violence & bitter sweet cartoons. I've never liked movies, but for some reason I always loved Cartoons. It started 14 years ago, I remember loving and watching Nickelodeon & Cartoon Network all day long: Adventure time, fairly odd parents, Avatar the last airbender, Korra, Rick & Morty etc... I started watching at the age of 5 and stopped watching 7 years later because people convinced me it was wrong watching Cartoons at 12, I was "too old for them" and "It effected me negatively" That's what my family said at least, so I quit watching because I was so young and naive listening to what other people said, at 17 I started watching again. but It was different this time, I wasn't watching cartoons for children like before. I started watching romantic, violent, lots of heavy emotions, death, pain & of course bitter sweet endings cartoons. its extremely specific so I understand If you don't get it. Maybe You've seen some of these cartoons yourself here is a couple of them:
1. Attack On Titan
2. 86 (Eighty-Six)
3. Chainsaw man (Manga)
4. Berserk
5. Demon Slayer
6. Monster

Ultimately the problem is, I love this shit. and I want to make cartoons like that myself. But I don't really know if its Important to the world, I must contribute to life somehow. And I don't know how to do that effectively with this stage red medium.

So much heavy emotions, it makes you cry instantly. 

Depicting stage red doesn't equal stage red, though. I wouldn't even wanna look at anime/TV shows through a spiral lens, it doesn't feel right to me.

You can actually analyze some of the shows you listed for hours, given their depth and complexity (Monster, Beserk, even AOT.)

i found attack on titan pretty boring and stopped watching it

just seems the same stuff happening all the time

i like hunter x hunter (2011) code geass and death note

which stage are they?

Stage red isn't bad, it is a part of our development and it still has value.

1. You can create a show that involves stage red with higher stages, for example, add some wisdom of higher stages (like green, yellow, tourqise) which will make your cartoon more round, deep and meaningful.

2. You can create a show that puts emphasize on the good and healthy aspects of stage red. (Like creativity, rebellion against "evil" authority, courage, adventurousness)

On 3/14/2022 at 9:31 PM, PurpleTree said:

i like hunter x hunter (2011) code geass and death note

which stage are they?

Hxh is way broader than anything I listed above so it's hard to say, it's a little less consistent. I'd say mostly green with red and blue characters. See, Gon's ultimate goal isn't so great in the first place, his whole mission was to meet his asshole dad.

On 3/14/2022 at 9:31 PM, PurpleTree said:

just seems the same stuff happening all the time

Funny enough, I had the same thoughts on Hunter x hunter, I ended up quitting it midway through, I came back later and actually enjoyed it that time. 

Code glass haven't watched, will give it a watch tho, I have really high standards for cartoons so I don't think I'll like it ? 

Death note is red, that's all. I liked that one as well. Main character is pretty abusive of his powers. Although really smart. 

On 3/14/2022 at 10:02 PM, Random witch said:

Stage red isn't bad, it is a part of our development and it still has value.

Given that the the modern world is mostly stage blue, I don't think stage red stories would be useful to society. That's being sort of optimistic.

On 3/14/2022 at 10:02 PM, Random witch said:

1. You can create a show that involves stage red with higher stages, for example, add some wisdom of higher stages (like green, yellow, tourqise) 

2. You can create a show that puts emphasize on the good and healthy aspects of stage red. (Like creativity, rebellion against "evil" authority, courage, adventurousness)

1. That's a Great tip, will do.

2. Creativity? Courage and adventurousness? Those are red?? I don't know about that one.

1 hour ago, MarkKol said:

1. That's a Great tip, will do.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, MarkKol said:

2. Creativity? Courage and adventurousness? Those are red?? I don't know about that one.

Yes! Every stage has its gems.

Edited by Random witch

On 3/14/2022 at 0:59 PM, MarkKol said:

Ultimately the problem is, I love this shit. and I want to make cartoons like that myself. But I don't really know if its Important to the world, I must contribute to life somehow. And I don't know how to do that effectively with this stage red medium.

It's Love.

1 hour ago, RendHeaven said:

AoT is NOT stage red LMAO. Easily stage yellow.

Bro you can't say something so outrageous and not elaborate on it, have you seen how brutal it can be?

I have a feeling your not being serious 

Edited by MarkKol

It's such masterful storytelling, characters face truly difficult situations, TRUE HARDSHIP. Last episode is a really good example of that (season 4 part 2 episode 10) Connie and Armin literally have to kill their friends to save the world. 

Most anime and novels are straight up trash, those writers don't truly challenge the heroes. There has to be a serious potential of death in storytelling, otherwise you lose interest in it because you already know everybody survives, which just isn't realistic. Peope die in war, it's unrealistic for everybody to survive.

And the way characters die is also important, I am so fucking tired of those slow deaths, where characters get to say a couple of words before they die.  That's not realistic either, peope in war die in brutal ways, not by slowly bleeding out to death.

Chainsaw man is even better than attack on titan, and it's about to get it's own animation.

It's about devils vs humans vs half devil half humans, the main character dies in the first episode. He gets saved by his pet devil. The story has 3 main characters (protagonists) 2 die at the end, it has 2 antagonists: both of them get brutally murdered by a chainsaw. That's realism. That's masterful storytelling.

a life purpose I've been conflicted on pursuing, Stage Red cartoons.

There's a lot of unintegrated healthy stage red a lot of people need. Creating inspirational examples of healthy stage red could be a fantastic pursuit of Art. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm getting the impression that you see stage red like something that's to be avoided. Whereas actually every stage needs to be integrated with a full healthy Pursuit. 

Maybe calling it "stage red cartoons" is the best way you can describe it right now, but maybe it's not stage red cartoons. It's actually cartoons that inspire and entertain. 

Leo said "Reducing life to pure utility -- that's your mistake" 

Think about this: How do you know what's actually useful for the world from the most holistic perspective??? 

What does the world actually need, that you can provide? 

The way I see it is doing something that will raise the consciousness of people. Raise the love in people's hearts. But then that just kicks the tin can down the road because then I ask, how do you know what's the best thing you can do to raise the consciousness of mankind on a holistic level? 

I personally intuit it has something to do with following love. Finding what that is for you is the challenge. 

I'm obsessed with Romance, Violence & bitter sweet cartoons. I've never liked movies, but for some reason I always loved Cartoons. It started 14 years ago, I remember loving and watching Nickelodeon & Cartoon Network all day long: Adventure time, fairly odd parents, Avatar the last airbender, Korra, Rick & Morty etc...

Think about how that shaped who you are. 

I started watching at the age of 5 and stopped watching 7 years later because people convinced me it was wrong watching Cartoons at 12, I was "too old for them" and "It effected me negatively".

Then there's me starting to watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic starting at age 16 lol. 

1. Attack On Titan
2. 86 (Eighty-Six)
3. Chainsaw man (Manga)
4. Berserk
5. Demon Slayer
6. Monster

Have you looked around at what people are doing all day? Every day? We are CONSTANTLY consuming art and entertainment. This is not going away anytime soon.

If you want to play a part in that process, that's perfectly fine. Just find where your heart is telling you to go and make sure you can contribute your zone of Genius wherever you go. 

Humans love stories. It's no accident why these animes are popular. Stories are what actually grounds our sense of reality. There's a reason why we create things like archetypes. Stories with archetype encourage us to pull meaning out of reality, and humans love to create meaning. 

Amazing stories help to evolve the Zeitgeist of our current culture and time. 

There's so many people that are inspired to take action their lives because of the stories they've seen in the anime/TV shows they've watched. 

https://youtube.com/c/ICEcoldJT this guy is a self-improvement channel and he's like obsessed with Eren Yeager from Attack on Titan. 

Think about the one punch man challenge. 

Don't even get me started on how much positive impact MLP:FiM has had on people's lives. It's a doozy. 

-"the impact Art makes on the world seems to be masturbatory" 

-"I love this shit. and I want to make cartoons like that myself."

Ahem... 

Ultimately you have to do something that is a balance between what you really love and something you actually love the process of doing. 

For example: I really love amazing art but I actually hate the process of learning how to draw. Or the process of drawing itself. 

I freaking love music, but I'm not sure if I actually like the process of tinkering around with musical notes all day. 

I learned that I really love writing. I actually enjoy the process of writing a very detailed guide on something that answers all the potential questions someone may have. It seems that creating and running courses and seminars is where my zone genius lies. 

Have you done the life purpose course? It's basically a blueprint of how to live a high Consciousness life of positive contribution to the world. 

Feel free to reach out if you want to have a little voice chat conversation by the way. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

20 hours ago, MarkKol said:

It's such masterful storytelling, characters face truly difficult situations, TRUE HARDSHIP. Last episode is a really good example of that (season 4 part 2 episode 10) Connie and Armin literally have to kill their friends to save the world. 

Exactly. This is stage yellow storytelling.

Connie isn't killing for power-hungry reasons (stage red). He's killing despite knowing very intimately his opponent (Samuel, Daz's) POV, and further knowing that what he's doing is wrong. Yet he still does it because, as Bertholdt once said, someone has to be the one to stain their hands with blood. How do you NOT see the stage yellow? Everything is so multiperspectival and interconnected. We once thought that Bertholdt was the "bad guy," but it turns out he was NO DIFFERENT than our boy connie. And so now we are forced to just sink in empathy for both sides while we watch the bloodbath continue. There is NOTHING stage red about this presentation.

Also, notice that Connie was the first one to notice Samuel falling, back in season 1.

This further shows us that Samuel actually meant a lot to Connie.

21 hours ago, MarkKol said:

Bro you can't say something so outrageous and not elaborate on it, have you seen how brutal it can be?

I have a feeling your not being serious 

You sure you still feel this way?

If you think "brutality = stage red" you're simply misinformed...

Stage red would be, one-dimensional killing for the sake of personal gain without considering outside perspectives.
Think season 1 Eren before the trost arc... but he, along with the whole show quickly transcended that perspective after learning about titan shifters

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

21 hours ago, A_v_E said:

@MarkKol you can be brutal and at the higher stage, I think you conflate what spiral dynamic is.

transcending & INCLUDING.

Well said

It's Love.

6 hours ago, ZenSwift said:

Have you looked around at what people are doing all day? Every day? We are CONSTANTLY consuming art and entertainment. This is not going away anytime soon.

This

6 hours ago, ZenSwift said:

There's so many people that are inspired to take action their lives because of the stories they've seen in the anime/TV shows they've watched. 

Don't even get me STARTED!

Anime saves lives. Seriously.

It's Love.

8 hours ago, ZenSwift said:

"the impact Art makes on the world seems to be masturbatory" 

-"I love this shit. and I want to make cartoons like that myself."

Its because I'm really fucking conflicted about my life purpose