Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sleep

How long does the average relationship last?

7 posts in this topic

I have the impression that at least the average relationship in my age group (21) is very short and produces more negative feelings than positive ones. It's kinda upsetting to me that people finish and start new relationships in the time it takes them to watch a series in netflix. Am I wrong to think that most relationships in the world are very shallow? I find the thought very upsetting, like it makes it not worth it to start one. 

@sleep I've been with the same person for 34 years, since I was 17.

We almost left each other a couple times in that time, but didn't and still going strong.

If you want to stay with the same person it takes work. Be determined to not let it fail and you'll work it out, even if it gets rocky sometimes.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Google it, 2 years and 9 months. Then Google Gen Z specific stats if you want.

Does it really matter what the average is though? Are you an average person, or willing to date average people?

(If yes, you deserve average results)

Edited by Yarco

Just because a relationship lasts a long time doesn’t mean it’s a good relationship

I think when you’re young you should experiment a lot so you know what you want out of a serious relationship 

@sleep

That’s partially a product of your age group.

Most young people are not ready for such a deep commitment. They barely know who they are or what they want out of life.

The fact we are moving through SD stage Orange also means that people highly value their individual autonomy over getting in a relationship. That will shift more as we move into Green.

Also, we need to recognize that the quality of a relationship is not necessarily determined by time. The universe has no problem setting you up with partners that won’t last long if they are conducive to the lessons you are seeking to learn.

4 hours ago, aurum said:

@sleep

.Also, we need to recognize that the quality of a relationship is not necessarily determined by time. The universe has no problem setting you up with partners that won’t last long if they are conducive to the lessons you are seeking to learn.

@aurum This is refreshing.

15 hours ago, aurum said:

@sleep

That’s partially a product of your age group.

Most young people are not ready for such a deep commitment. They barely know who they are or what they want out of life.

The fact we are moving through SD stage Orange also means that people highly value their individual autonomy over getting in a relationship. That will shift more as we move into Green.

Also, we need to recognize that the quality of a relationship is not necessarily determined by time. The universe has no problem setting you up with partners that won’t last long if they are conducive to the lessons you are seeking to learn.

Very good post. Thanks