Seeker_of_truth

What does the no-self insight mean?

114 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

@Leo Gura Bit radical question: Would you consider anyone in history to be truly awake? 

The only thing that can be awake in existence is you.

History is a dream.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Sorry, I still don't get it. Do you claim that everyone else's awakening is fake except mine? Is there at least some validity to them? How come an awakening teacher who guides you to your own awakening is not awake himself if he succeeds in doing so?

Such mindfuckery, man

Would be much easier to tolerate it if noone would talk about awakening/try to awake "with me"

Edited by Hello from Russia

6 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Do you claim that everyone else's awakening is fake except mine?

Yes. You dream up all awakenings except your own.

There is only one awakening in all of existence.

To awaken is to realize that you dreamed up the entire universe. Period. When this happens, you become God. Your experience is the only thing that exists at that point.

This is beyond what any spiritual teacher is teaching you.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Do you think it is possible to have such an intricate dream/illusion that some teacher will seem to actually experience the same stuff as I will experience once I awake? Though all consciousness would still be sourced from me

Can I copycat/take some "enlightened teacher'"s techniques and still awake, despite it being not as efficient as methods that you recommend (with 200 shots of 5 Meo and etc)? Do you recognize there are still other paths to achieve levels that you're talking about?

16 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Do you think it is possible to have such an intricate dream/illusion that some teacher will seem to actually experience the same stuff as I will experience once I awake? Though all consciousness would still be sourced from me

Certainly

Can I copycat/take some "enlightened teacher'"s techniques and still awake, despite it being not as efficient as methods that you recommend (with 200 shots of 5 Meo and etc)? Do you recognize there are still other paths to achieve levels that you're talking about?

It's possible but I haven't seen anyone do it.

It's extremely inefficient.

I have become conscious that every teacher/human/animal is looking through my eyes.

The dead cat I had in childhood is looking through my eyes right now.

I imagined my entire family to make myself feel loved.

I imagined every girl I ever fucked to please myself.

Hitler is looking through my eyes right now :)

@Leo Gura I'm not planning on pursuing awakening until some years down the road as I am young and still have a career to build and more basic development to do, but in the mean time I want to do some basic practices to give me a head start once I am ready to pursue awakening. I currently meditate an hour a day and plan on getting into retreats soon. I'm wondering if because you say that meditation, self-inquiry, etc. isn't enough to fully awaken, would you recommend me to do anything different than that kind of stuff over the next few years to prepare for pursuing awakening? At this point in your development, what would you say are the most helpful things I could be doing right now in my life to make awakening easier once i'm ready for it?

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji

@Leo Gura One more question if I may

Let's say most meditation/yogic techniques are very inefficient for the aim of awakening as you say. Things like Jhanas, various meditation states, etc.

Do you recognize these things can actually be still useful? Not for awakening-sake but just to do some cool stuff inside of a dream? To develop some siddhis for example or things of that nature. Or to have some really great tantric sex and whatnot. To develop some extra-ordinary health/physiology like Wim Hof guy seems to have?

4 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Do you recognize these things can actually be still useful? Not for awakening-sake but just to do some cool stuff inside of a dream? To develop some siddhis for example or things of that nature. Or to have some really great tantric sex and whatnot. To develop some extra-ordinary health/physiology like Wim Hof guy seems to have?

YES! Absolutely. 

But none of that is awakening.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

YES! Absolutely. 

But none of that is awakening.

Nice, man

I guess I was looking for an excuse to continue all of that stuff. Cause I really love how it makes me feel/how I start to develop super powers via it. If things like awakening were not on a line, I guess I would love to live my dream out in this fashion regardless. Still very cool dream, imo. You're expanding the capabilities of your human self and it feels so damn nice to do so, especially with all this psychic stuff

47 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I have become conscious that every teacher/human/animal is looking through my eyes.

The dead cat I had in childhood is looking through my eyes right now.

I imagined my entire family to make myself feel loved.

I imagined every girl I ever fucked to please myself.

Hitler is looking through my eyes right now :)

That seems like a deep realization. :)

What implications does this realization have to conflict between you and others?

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

There is only one awakening in all of existence.

To awaken is to realize that you dreamed up the entire universe. Period. When this happens, you become God. Your experience is the only thing that exists at that point.

This is beyond what any spiritual teacher is teaching you.

But is it Real? or is just a psychedelic hallucination?

21 minutes ago, Alex_R said:

Bahahaha!

I like this guy!

? ? 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

44 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

That seems like a deep realization. :)

What implications does this realization have to conflict between you and others?

It doesn't matter.

Nothing matters.

37 minutes ago, Alex_R said:

Hahaha ;)

9 hours ago, Tristan12 said:

@Leo Gura I'm not planning on pursuing awakening until some years down the road as I am young and still have a career to build and more basic development to do, but in the mean time I want to do some basic practices to give me a head start once I am ready to pursue awakening. I currently meditate an hour a day and plan on getting into retreats soon. I'm wondering if because you say that meditation, self-inquiry, etc. isn't enough to fully awaken, would you recommend me to do anything different than that kind of stuff over the next few years to prepare for pursuing awakening? At this point in your development, what would you say are the most helpful things I could be doing right now in my life to make awakening easier once i'm ready for it?

I don't really have a good answer to your question because my bias is towards awakening, not ways of delaying awakening.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't really have a good answer to your question because my bias is towards awakening, not ways of delaying awakening.

Okay. I remember hearing in your what is God episode you said both strong concentration abilities and radical open-mindedness were crucial for reaching God. I know there's a lot of spiritual purification work to do as well. I think that along with general work to raise my consciousness could be helpful and then once i'm ready to pursue awakening i'm hoping it would be much smoother and faster. Was just wondering if you had anything else to add.

"We are born of Love, Love is our mother" - Rumi

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9vkQMt-MlvK9Xvnf-Ji